Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2019, 08:13 AM
Planar Protector

Add S class and slap Monk there in Velious.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its not so much a problem with Wizards.

The mobs themselves start to have way way more HPs making casters of DDs less efficient.

And the melees begin to dominate. Enchanters escape the dilemna thru charm.
If OP is talking about balance at "max level and geared" then wizards probably should be higher. VP clickies (and velious nuke clicks) are no joke, and aren't that much harder to get than many epics or torpor.

They won't even be "above average" but they at least won't be "why me?"
Old 11-26-2019, 09:31 AM
Large Rat

Warriors better than SK and pal in raid no doubt, but in group? As a chanty, as a cleric, and i guess many others classes, I prefer by far a knight tank than a root the mob all the time tank. When a knight can tank something, it is always better than a warrior imo.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by webphi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warriors better than SK and pal in raid no doubt, but in group? As a chanty, as a cleric, and i guess many others classes, I prefer by far a knight tank than a root the mob all the time tank. When a knight can tank something, it is always better than a warrior imo.
I mean worst case scenario the Paladin brings root themselves... Paladins are probably the best tank at controlling a large or bad pull between blind, stun and root.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:36 AM
Large Rat

Thing is pals don't need root but for adds. Their target will be glued to them.
For warriors, better root the mob if you don't want it to smack others.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:41 AM
Sarnak

I'd actually put bards at A in classic, B in Kunark, and C in Velious.

Here's an interesting article that talks about this:

http://www.afterlifeguild.org/Thott/powercurves.php

cheers,

Astuce
Old 11-26-2019, 10:14 AM
Aviak

In classic, I think you are underestimating mana stoner clerics. Sure, most clerics ain't gonna see a stone, let alone get one, but the few who do are able to hang with chanters pretty well.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuktus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In classic, I think you are underestimating mana stoner clerics. Sure, most clerics ain't gonna see a stone, let alone get one, but the few who do are able to hang with chanters pretty well.
Personally I'd put clerics as A for all expansions. They aren't solo powerful (though they can exp solo to 50+), but they have a lot of amazing duo and trio options, are clutch in groups, are are always loved in raids, have great utility, have the best epic, have cool clickies, etc.

I'm not sure what exactly you're trying to say by saying a manastone cleric can "hang with chanters pretty well" though. Overall power I'd say they're close to equal anyway, lacking in solo but equal in duo/trio/group and superior in raids. But even a manastone doesn't let a cleric mimic an enchanter so much as make them better at the stuff they could already do.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by astuce999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Step 1 on the road to data mining, endless theory-crafting, and min/maxing.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah I want to reiterate clerics as A in every expansion. They're basically the inverse of enchanters, who are an A.

Chanters are the strongest (or maybe tied for strongest) solo class. They're amazing in duos, trios, and groups. They're kinda lackluster but still have some roles in raids.

Clerics are the strongest (or maybe tied for the strongest) raid class. They're amazing in duos, trios, and groups. They're kinda lackluster but still have some niche solo potential.

Why wouldn't both of those be the same tier?

More details: chanter epic is useful but not amazing, and difficult. Cleric epic is easier and amazing. Clerics get cooler clickies (VP especially) than chanters. Clerics have more race choices. Clerics have exp bonus, chanters have exp penalty. Both have loads of utility. Clerics are less common. Clerics can use manastone to great effect in classic.

Definitely both A tier in each xpac imo.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 11-26-2019 at 10:45 AM..
Closed Thread