Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2020, 11:40 AM
Large Bat

Default SK or warrior on Green

Hey, I was wondering if the better aggro of the SK is worth the 40% exp penalty on green.
Old 05-31-2020, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

There's a lot more to compare, but if you only compare those two things.. possibly.

However SK's have a smaller stamina multiplier, and can't tank the biggest stuff because they don't have defensive discipline (Kunark and beyond).

But they do get tons of utility and can pull well and feign death is just awesome.
Old 05-31-2020, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Short answer, for me, is whether you plan to end game or not as a tank. if you want to tank stuff end game you need to roll warrior...if you're okay only occasionally off tanking or DPSing then SK works in end game.

If you prefer the grp game then SK shines, but you will have the exp penalty. Exp penalty is not something you should consider imo if you are really planning to play and level. The exp penalty is temporary, but you'll have the toon forever. I'd just suck it up and enjoy it when you are done if that's the only thing holding you back.
Old 05-31-2020, 01:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Short answer, for me, is whether you plan to end game or not as a tank. if you want to tank stuff end game you need to roll warrior...if you're okay only occasionally off tanking or DPSing then SK works in end game.

If you prefer the grp game then SK shines, but you will have the exp penalty. Exp penalty is not something you should consider imo if you are really planning to play and level. The exp penalty is temporary, but you'll have the toon forever. I'd just suck it up and enjoy it when you are done if that's the only thing holding you back.
I mean its partly that, but it's even more, you need to roll a warrior and get into a raiding guild and be selected to be a tank.
Old 05-31-2020, 03:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean its partly that, but it's even more, you need to roll a warrior and get into a raiding guild and be selected to be a tank.
And if you want to main tank in a raiding guild be prepared for the commitment that comes with that.
Old 05-31-2020, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

sort of related...
Kunark-Velious:
SK is an underrated puller/tagger/trash mob tank. Warrior is the superior tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgo86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And if you want to main tank in a raiding guild be prepared for the commitment that comes with that.
This can't be stated enough. Not everyone who rolls warrior is ready for that responsibility or even understands it.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-31-2020, 03:25 PM
Banned

SKs are a lot of fun leading a brave group of adventurers through a dungeon crawl
Old 05-31-2020, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SKs are a lot of fun leading a brave group of adventurers through a dungeon crawl
The Shadow Knight's even more fun when it feigns out and watches the rest of said group bravely die in horrible ways. I had a brief discussion to that effect with a Paladin friend once upon a time during a Hateplane wipe. "Hey buddy, that's quite the noble last stand you're making. I have a great view of it from my nice spot over here in the corner."

Danth
Old 06-01-2020, 05:18 AM
Planar Protector

Gnomes can't be SKs...so it isn't even a question.... warrior, of course. A proud gem chopper of ak'anon!!
Old 06-01-2020, 09:01 AM
Fire Giant

Warriors are by far the tanks for Kunark/Vel raiding content. SK can easily tank all current raid mobs. That said warriors can still do fine in 6 man groups(more so if group has someone that can root, then agro isn't an issue). SKs clearly have that amazing snap agro like pallys. With the clicky nerfs warriors lost that snap agro from them. I will say in Kingdom we have a good mix of warriors/sk/pally tanks. Though generally we let Pallys/Warrior Tank, and SKs SV adds that are mezzed.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Closed Thread