Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yoooo master of magic is an awesome game!
did you know there is a multiplayer fan remake Master of Magic - IME https://sourceforge.net/projects/momime/

Also there was a DLC released for Master of Magic in 2020! YES 2020 wtf lol
https://www.gog.com/game/master_of_m...aster_of_magic
The steam version
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...ster_of_Magic/
Wow I had no idea any of that existed. This is awesome Baler, thanks for the links!

I'm totally going to be playing a DOS-based game with DLC from 2020 ... while playing a Windows 95 MMOG on my second monitor! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

P.S. For anyone who didn't get to play it, it was basically Civilization 1 (which is basically the same as all Civ games, just with poorer graphics and less complexity) ... but then it also had two other "layers": A) you get "hero units" (ie. NPCs which can level up), and B) you get spells! (There were also some other fun fantasy details, eg. different cities had different races, and so if you conquered say a Troll city you could make special Troll-only units. Also there were two "planes" that you could move between.)

The spells are a mix of out-of-combat stuff and "Fireball!" type stuff you use in combat. The magic system has five colors (think Magic: the Gathering), and you have to specialize, so you can't be like a zombie master (black) AND a hurl fireballs (red) AND rez your troops (white) ... which made for great replayability, because beating the game as a "white wizard" was very different from doing it as any other color.

Of course the graphics are god awful (it's DOS), but man, I played the hell out of that game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-26-2020 at 01:48 PM..
Old 05-26-2020, 01:52 PM
Banned

Wink

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-26-2020, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its that supposed to be Michael Cera?

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 05-27-2020, 08:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not giving another one of my hundreds of fake email accounts out to yet another service essentially offering a trial period during a time of crisis.
A trial period? This is a digital store much like Steam. There are no strings attached. Epic's been doing this since they started their digital distribution store in late 2018. It's Tim Sweeney's way of creating a competitor to Steam.
Old 05-28-2020, 02:24 AM
Planar Protector

Wouldn't touch the Epic launcher, think they were offering free GTA5 to people as well.

No thanks.
Old 05-28-2020, 02:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wouldn't touch the Epic launcher, think they were offering free GTA5 to people as well.

No thanks.
Old 05-28-2020, 02:40 AM
Fire Giant

This shit, although you may have needed to be a C64 aficionado in 1987 to really enjoy.

Old 06-01-2020, 12:46 AM
Planar Protector

I am a fan of total war series and yet I don't like most of them ;D

Shogun 2 is great, and Fall of the Samurai is amazing, but most of the series is terrible for one problem or another.
Old 06-01-2020, 05:17 AM
Aviak

Masters of Orion 2 from 1996 would be the strategy PC game I remember playing instead of doing high school homework.

Currently when I have a spare hour, reinstalled Dark Souls 3 with this Cinders Mod that was recommended to me that heavily remixes the gameplay and adds items spells etc from the other Fromsoft ARPGs. Never been big on mods unless we are counting P1999 as one giant EQ mod but Cinders took a game I found pretty linear and average and made it quite fun.
Closed Thread