Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 03:49 PM
Fire Giant

I took the time to check out the effects on our mez song as well, and it seems like there is a 30% chance, after resists are set aside, that the mez doesn't mez them at all. You will get the "Soandso nods." emote, but they will continue beating the hell out of their target. So not only is it not lasting as long, it seems like it isn't working as intended whatsoever.

Join us!!! Visit Asgard today!
Old 06-14-2015, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

these are sweet days indeed. my wildest wishes have come true. "nerf bards" is no longer the dream of madmen, but has become reality.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-14-2015, 04:07 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I took the time to check out the effects on our mez song as well, and it seems like there is a 30% chance, after resists are set aside, that the mez doesn't mez them at all. You will get the "Soandso nods." emote, but they will continue beating the hell out of their target. So not only is it not lasting as long, it seems like it isn't working as intended whatsoever.
That 30% probably has to do with the timing of the ticks, meaning the tick is immediately happening and dropping your mez 30% of the time. I grouped on my bard and noticed mez was pretty awful, charm was seeming to last 4 ticks when it went full duration, meaning I could twist 3 other songs and usually time the charm to land again right when it broke. Mez is broken as all hell, the AE mez just breaks every tick, and the target mez that should be lasting 12-16 seconds breaks after 3-6 seconds every time.

People cheering about how bards can't swarm kite are idiots, bard is basically unplayable right now because half of our kit is completely broken, I'll be taking out my rage on people trying to lawyer quest me the rest of the week by charming contested mobs until a GM shows up to make a determination on who's mob it really is.
Old 06-14-2015, 04:45 PM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoogoplop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That 30% probably has to do with the timing of the ticks, meaning the tick is immediately happening and dropping your mez 30% of the time. I grouped on my bard and noticed mez was pretty awful, charm was seeming to last 4 ticks when it went full duration, meaning I could twist 3 other songs and usually time the charm to land again right when it broke. Mez is broken as all hell, the AE mez just breaks every tick, and the target mez that should be lasting 12-16 seconds breaks after 3-6 seconds every time.

People cheering about how bards can't swarm kite are idiots, bard is basically unplayable right now because half of our kit is completely broken, I'll be taking out my rage on people trying to lawyer quest me the rest of the week by charming contested mobs until a GM shows up to make a determination on who's mob it really is.
The funny thing is, since the devs have not acknowledged that bards are broken, swarming will be the only thing left we can do once movespeed gets hotfixed. Unless you count fear kiting at the speed of unbuffed auto attack. What do you think every bard on the server is going to do when they hotfix movespeed but all our other methods of killing and ability to group is still broken?

Never understood the hatred for swarming. As a new player to the server, the 10 free levels I got from stumbling upon a swarming bard was a great boon, and later on down the road as a bard I have always invited anyone in zone to leech exp or at the very least left their area alone. Most bards I've met do the same, or will do so if you send them a tell and ask.

I refuse to believe the bards on the PvE server are bigger dicks than the bards on the PvP server.
Last edited by Xaanka; 06-14-2015 at 04:49 PM..
Old 06-14-2015, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaanka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never understood the hatred for swarming. As a new player to the server, the 10 free levels I got from stumbling upon a swarming bard was a great boon, and later on down the road as a bard I have always invited anyone in zone to leech exp or at the very least left their area alone. Most bards I've met do the same, or will do so if you send them a tell and ask.

I refuse to believe the bards on the PvE server are bigger dicks than the bards on the PvP server.
I have asked on blue several times, they usually offer to do it for something outrageous like 1k per pull, lol!

Who cares though, Swarm On brothers.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:11 PM
Aviak

This needs to be fixed. Fast. Running from mobs right now is impossible. I have a few low level corpses that shouldn't exist right now. GL trying to do a CR without invis. And Pulling without sow? GG
Old 06-14-2015, 05:27 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have asked on blue several times, they usually offer to do it for something outrageous like 1k per pull, lol!

Who cares though, Swarm On brothers.
I still don't see the issue, if we're talking about bards swarming to level themselves up. Maybe things are different with the high population density on blue, but don't bards stick to a small handful of zones, most of which are not popular leveling spots in the first place? When's the last time you saw a group exping in Lavastorm mountains? The OT is the only swarm zone I could realistically see a group trying to level in.

And besides, if you're at a camp already when a bard zones in to swarm, he has to leave your camps alone anyway. If they don't, that's more of a petition issue than something which needs to be nerfed.

Now 51+ bards coming to starter zones to swarm-powerlevel new characters, that's something that should be addressed.

Swarming is classic. Classic is good. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Don't nerf swarming, just make a server rule that you can't swarm in starter zones like Field of Bone and the problem's fixed. If you really must nerf swarm kiting, drop the hybrid class penalty for everyone early so at least bards will get invited to groups. Maybe I'm crazy but I see this as more of a policy issue than a balance issue.
Last edited by Xaanka; 06-14-2015 at 05:39 PM..
Old 06-14-2015, 05:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyoGTO [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This needs to be fixed. Fast. Running from mobs right now is impossible. I have a few low level corpses that shouldn't exist right now. GL trying to do a CR without invis. And Pulling without sow? GG
Almost every mob right now outruns strafe with jboots. Most mobs were outrunning my 54 druid with SOW while they were SNARED. The firiona vie goblin shamans can outrun my 50 bard with Selo's drum I'm not even kidding. This glitch is a bigger nerf for non-SOW classes trying to corpse run than bards.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:54 PM
Sarnak

Cleric with a clicky would be a GREAT class to be playing right now, was in unrest yesterday and I know that place is central station when it comes to trains, but half the trains weren't even making it past the fountain!

There was a clicky cleric nice enough to keep parked there cause he was playing an alt who would log him on every 30 minutes...

This is a classic patch error and I love it, all you neckbeards are making it so nostalgic with your whinging just like when you were all 16

P.s please fix this so I can solo again with my druid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-14-2015, 06:29 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaanka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Swarming is classic.
Well it is and it isnt. Yes, swarming is classic, but no casual hardware could support 100 mob swarms in 1999. You would lag and get killed before you got more than 20 or 30 mobs following you.
Closed Thread