Sarnak

shut the fuck up this thread is mad racist green lives matter
Old 08-21-2016, 08:07 PM
Fire Giant

Green Loots Matter.
Old 08-21-2016, 09:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hixxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The pandering to cowards is what created instances. Allowing MQ of items from green mobs is what caused the creation of instances. There is no reason for these items to be on the MQ list other than pandering to panzies who are afraid to camp level appropriate mobs because they might die.
I bought a Jboots MQ for my lvl60 monk alt. it's not about cowards, it just wasting time, especially when you had done it 3 times for your other toons.
Old 08-21-2016, 09:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You gone and played yaself, OP
Old 08-22-2016, 02:20 AM
Sarnak

Some of us played a melee for our first toon and had to gear ourselves. To do that it means you will be farming some guards and that's virtually the only way you can do it as a melee. It's a part of the game and with P99 prices you don't have a lot of choice until you are getting like CE or King groups in seb. I farmed guards leveling, I farmed guards for resist gear, I even farmed guards for a fungi at one point. I'd say there is a considerate way to do it a non-considerate way to do it but that is besides the point. I personally like grinding out killing some guards in the middle of the night as a monk. Who are you to tell me I am playing the game wrong? The only real issue is when you are being inconsiderate of people trying to level off of that content.
Old 08-22-2016, 04:23 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Such panzies. Go play Hello Kitty. You can't get hurt in that game. I bet the cowardice carries over into your real life.
Old 08-22-2016, 04:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The OP is right. The people who disagree with the OP are part of the dysfunction on P1999. They have been wallowing in their greed and avarice for so long that they've lost their sense of propriety and look with contempt on anyone that dares to tell them the truth. Most are farmers themselves laughing all the way to the Freeport bank as they save up money for another fungi tunic for another one of their twinks.

The truth is that the professional poop-socking farmers and the EC tunnel rats have this server locked up completely. Every named that drops any gear worth having is farmed 24/7. This is a serious flaw in the design of EverQuest which is a MMO that Brad McQuaid recently admitted they thought most players would actually play for only 2-4 months.

Every item of loot on my characters has been purchased in the EC tunnel except for one item I got in Mistmoore. The lack of itemization for levels 1-40 is a disgrace in EverQuest. Most of the gear people have right now is impossible for them to obtain legitimately via adventuring unless you are 50+. The EC tunnel is really a symptom of this problem.

So in a way the farmers are filing in a void caused by the stupidity of the original EQ designers responsible for itemization, which is akin to how the mafia and the black market fills the void in supplying services to people that are not available legally. Bootleggers who provided the public with alcohol during Prohibition is a good example of this. Bad public policy creates unintended consequences that are often worse than the problem they are trying to solve; the same is true of MMO design.

The design of EQ is so flawed that many players have to resort to killing guards just to make money to be able to afford items that they should have access to via normal adventuring.

At least Blizzard had the smarts to remove the farming and the camping from the equation with WoW. Sure, instancing has many serious flaws and I don't recommend it as a design solution but at least players had a fighting chance at getting gear from actually PLAYING the MMO instead of having to kill green trash or guards for plat.

To the OP, keep on posting truth to power. This jaded community needs to hear voices like yours more often.
Itemisation is great 1-40. 'Green farmers' and MQs exist; because of people that would rather pay plat to save their own effort and time. If you truly don't like the EC tunnel mart, then don't take part.

I levelled a warrior into his 50s without buying anything from EC and instead gearing myself along the way. Hell, on red I had a warrior that was soloing blues wearing only raw-hide armour into his 40s. Even on the most gear dependant class everquest is very easy for the first fourty levels. After that it kinda gets easier, just more time consuming, as most places you'll be levelling you'll be able to find a rez in minutes, easily port to, etc.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:23 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hixxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Such panzies. Go play Hello Kitty. You can't get hurt in that game. I bet the cowardice carries over into your real life.
Wow someone is living in the past in more ways than one, hello kitty? Lol. How did you get wifi in that cave of yours bro?
Old 08-22-2016, 06:36 AM
Sarnak

If they did away with MQing then the price for everything would sky rocket. The economy would take a hit and the game would become unfun. MQ supports recharges, raiding, and also helps people get things they generally couldn't farm by themselves.

MQ is apart of EQ.[/QUOTE]

Obtaining items on my own as opposed to buying is much more enjoyable than purchasing. Prices wouldnt skyrocket on most MQable items because no one could sell parts. There would be NO price.
On a personal note only; rading isnt fun particularly on this server.

You are right, MQ's are part of EQ but your idea of fun and mine are worlds apart.
Old 08-22-2016, 07:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow someone is living in the past in more ways than one, hello kitty? Lol. How did you get wifi in that cave of yours bro?
This is project 1999... we are all living two decades in the past here...
Closed Thread