Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 06:09 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Complete noob taking his first steps

Hi all, complete newbie here just starting the game.

Although i'm new this isn't my first time with mmo's or EverQuest, I first cut my teeth with EverQuest 2 and moved on there to Wow, Guild Wars, and a host of others. I really only ever caught a glimpse of what was the sandbox style that had been more popular around the time EQ2 had come out, sadly I was too young at the time to play games like EverQuest 1 or Star Wars Galaxies to appreciate them.

I discovered this game after looking into EQ2 again and just got drawn in by the scale of it and sense of exploration, so far i'm loving it, it reminds me of the old RPG's I love to play like Wizardry. It even reminded me a little of D&D with its races and statistics.

I've rolled up a Dark Elf Necromancer, spent more than an hour wondering through Neriak until I finally stumbled upon it, from what I understand that city is more of a maze than most, before being unceremoniously giving my robe and thrown to the proverbial wolves.

I'm sure most people would have been annoyed by the lack of map, frustrated by the endless chasms of the city and then how little guiding there was afterwards when I stumbled out into the forest.

But I actually loved it, I loved it didn't hold my hand and left the sense of exploration to me, the game and world feels like an actual world and I can really immersive myself into it despite the graphics, which in the end don't really mean that much anyway.

Its a breath of fresh air to find a game that doesn't treat you like an idiot, and while i'm sure i'll meet more frustrations as time goes on so far i'm enjoying my experience.

I can only play rather sporadically, what with work and other commitments but that doesn't really bother me, I've never been one for rushing to the top or grinding my way through raid after raid after raid.

I'll see you all out there in Norrath!
Old 12-09-2017, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulsive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi all, complete newbie here just starting the game.

Although i'm new this isn't my first time with mmo's or EverQuest, I first cut my teeth with EverQuest 2 and moved on there to Wow, Guild Wars, and a host of others. I really only ever caught a glimpse of what was the sandbox style that had been more popular around the time EQ2 had come out, sadly I was too young at the time to play games like EverQuest 1 or Star Wars Galaxies to appreciate them.

I discovered this game after looking into EQ2 again and just got drawn in by the scale of it and sense of exploration, so far i'm loving it, it reminds me of the old RPG's I love to play like Wizardry. It even reminded me a little of D&D with its races and statistics.

I've rolled up a Dark Elf Necromancer, spent more than an hour wondering through Neriak until I finally stumbled upon it, from what I understand that city is more of a maze than most, before being unceremoniously giving my robe and thrown to the proverbial wolves.

I'm sure most people would have been annoyed by the lack of map, frustrated by the endless chasms of the city and then how little guiding there was afterwards when I stumbled out into the forest.

But I actually loved it, I loved it didn't hold my hand and left the sense of exploration to me, the game and world feels like an actual world and I can really immersive myself into it despite the graphics, which in the end don't really mean that much anyway.

Its a breath of fresh air to find a game that doesn't treat you like an idiot, and while i'm sure i'll meet more frustrations as time goes on so far i'm enjoying my experience.

I can only play rather sporadically, what with work and other commitments but that doesn't really bother me, I've never been one for rushing to the top or grinding my way through raid after raid after raid.

I'll see you all out there in Norrath!
With your style of play you should stay happy with p99 for quite a long while.

You are going to find so many places that are so intricate with details I know as a younger player I never noticed before myself!

I highly recommend you check out the videos Utenan/Kraddok on these forums creates, they really are awesome and show just how detailed the world on Norrath is on EQ1!

Everquest Mysteries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAyxdS1SSoo

All of his videos are ultra crisp and professionally produced, and highly entertaining! I suggest checking all of them out when you have nothing better to do than watch EQ1 videos. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-09-2017, 11:37 AM
Large Bat

Welcome to the game, and to the forum. With your attitude, you should do quite well, not just in the game, but in the forum as well.

Enjoy
Old 12-09-2017, 05:40 PM
Aviak

Welcome!

Old 12-11-2017, 10:44 AM
Orc

Welcome! It's great to have you on board!
Old 12-11-2017, 02:17 PM
Sarnak

Welcome!
Old 12-22-2017, 07:51 PM
Kobold

Look me up on any toon if you'd like some grouping fun.

Ketilron - Rogue
Vaynard - Paladin
Firos - Wizard
Old 12-23-2017, 05:00 PM
Skeleton

Welcome welcome i am a low Enchanter feel free to contact me any time for anyone its Zurumren i like Grouping alot i just moved to Mistmoore
Closed Thread