Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2019, 10:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People, people. Nobody that can make a difference is listening. Lets say all this arguing came to a point and everyone ITT agreed that charm should be nerfed. Then what? We post a strongly worded thread to the devs?
They made a mistake by listening to the whining about a few earlier problems, and gave you guys the idea that if you bitch enough they might change something. They are not going to do the same here without LOTS of actual numerical evidence from parselogs. By all means, keep arguing b/c its kind of entertaining, but it aint gonna get sh*t done.

And an overlevelled anybody CAN keep a camp according to the rules. Deal with it. It's a dick move, sure, but that's life.
Why not? They nerfed the hell outta Mages based on just a handful of links. Why should Chanters get preference AGAIN here as well?
Old 11-26-2019, 11:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's relative my dude. Just one thousand plat on Green/Teal is the equivalent of many many thousands of plat on blue due to mudflation.

Again u can check the sites and see that there are plenty of ppl attempting to sell plat on the new servers. And I'm sure the GMs are monitoring things VERY closely. Wouldn't be surprised if on of the infamous "RMT Banwaves" hits in the first few months.
I find it highly interesting that you won’t respond to my other point in any of your other replies. You don’t have proposals for needing the other classes that would inevitably fill the soloing gap and be utilized by supposed RMTers following an Enchanter nerf. Therefore, I can only assume that this RMT concern of yours is just fake altruism and trying to grasp at any possible straws to get Enchanters nerfed just because.
Old 11-26-2019, 11:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not? They nerfed the hell outta Mages based on just a handful of links. Why should Chanters get preference AGAIN here as well?
Because the Mage links were actually verified information
Old 11-26-2019, 11:46 PM
Fire Giant

Jesus !

Why is this thread still going? bug thread has been submitted already.

You all need to do like the Frozen movie says and "LET IT GO"

LOL

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Last edited by Buellen; 11-26-2019 at 11:59 PM..
Old 11-27-2019, 12:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buellen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why is this thread still going?
butt hurt afk medders mad about active/skilled chars making GAINS
Old 11-27-2019, 01:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
butt hurt afk medders mad about active/skilled chars making GAINS
Prob Necros who are annoyed that there is another good solo class that they have to share valuable solo spots with lol
Old 11-27-2019, 02:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine a world where people just played the game...
Old 11-27-2019, 02:20 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Prob Necros who are annoyed that there is another good solo class that they have to share valuable solo spots with lol
And the funny part is Chanters are not only self-interested, their abilities are farrrrrr more often used for common interests of all group mates.

Solo as a chanter is absolutely unefficient for the risk of charm broken,for the corpse retrieve, for the exp loss, and for the lost of /list right, which is more effective as Necro/Mage/Shmmy and alot of other classes......

Solo is only kinda hobby when ya are boring with leveling. Something to challenge yourself,when everything gets bored. It's exciting. If for cash-making sake, i'd rather watch a movie and have an necro fded at some competitive camp,sell my loot rights or what.

Start a naked chanter in Green and exp to high lvl just for the sake of solo cashes? I doubt anyone who support this argument had ever played a chanter. What a noob view.
Last edited by winter888; 11-27-2019 at 02:34 AM..
Old 11-27-2019, 02:32 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kul69 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Groups likely didn't use pets like Osargen in HHK because they would take the experience. This explains why everyone enchanter didn't run around with charmed backstabbing pets like we see on P99. It actually killed experience same as soloing with a charmed pet and letting it get kills.
Didn't you previously say noone used charm because it was unreliable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kul69 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's getting kind of ridiculous and sad seeing this happen again. Enchanters were not this OP in classic. Charm happened in classic and it broke within 10 seconds most of the time and that is why no one ever used it in groups regularly
Now it didn't get used because the pets took xp?

I'm trying to keep up with all this fast-paced crying, its not easy.
Last edited by derpcake2; 11-27-2019 at 02:37 AM..
Old 11-27-2019, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
2. Pets should take experience from groups if they do the most damage.

Groups likely didn't use pets like Osargen in HHK because they would take the experience. This explains why everyone enchanter didn't run around with charmed backstabbing pets like we see on P99. It actually killed experience same as soloing with a charmed pet and letting it get kills.

Also didn't it say 75% of experience is taken and not 50% if a pet gets highest damage?
Actually, you're misstating this. Based on the lats information posted in the bug thread, pets only took EXP if they outdamaged the entire group in the aggregate. So if you had a pet in the group, and it does 100 total damage to the mob, but the total damage done by all players taken together is 110, the pet gets no exp.

Each pet was also treated as an individual group member, so if fore example you have two pets in the group who each do 60 damage and the total damage done by the players in the group taken together is 100, the pets get no exp even though together they did more damage than the players did.

A single pet has to outdamage the entire group. This is why you eventually saw people not needing to get rid of their pets in groups, because it was discovered that (i) it's sometimes pretty hard for a single pet, even a charmed mob (with some exceptions), to out-DPS an entire group if people are being active and damaging the mob, and (ii) the more pets you have the better since it then makes it harder for a single pet to do more damage than the entire group as a whole.

So I think we can put this whole pet argument to bed with respect to Charming, since it's simply not accurate.
Closed Thread