Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Would you come back if the server were reset?
No, I have worked too hard for everything I have. 43 28.29%
No, they should release a second blue server. 36 23.68%
Yes, but I would be fearful of another reset. 12 7.89%
Yes, it's fair now because everybody starts at zero and the cheaters are being watched. 61 40.13%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippett [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its not about who has what, its about the server being absurdly unclassic due to item/toon saturation

Most (just like now) don't give a shit what random guild is on top or who is rich off what, the server in it's current state is very unclassic and discussion of another server regardless if it's just wishful thinking is a legitimate topic
The server is on a slower timeline which means more pp, more items, etc. No one disagrees that the extent of this on p99 is unclassic.

But you, and everyone who wants a reset, is saying "for the sake of classic, we need to do the ultimate unclassic thing and reset the server!"

Ain't gonna happen.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippett [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
precisely in the 2 years it would take for the correct timeline to reach velious it would most likely be complete and of era

lets get that second much more classic timeline box going (will donate)
Wouldn't splitting the already small userbase to another server be even more toxic to the community?
Old 04-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is the inevitable result of a purposely stalled server. If it didn't happen during our two years of Kunark it would've happened during our five years of Velious.
qft
Old 04-11-2013, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
yeah its a great point in favor of starting a server that would not be purposely stalled for about a duration of 3 years in addition to the current server which is already 2 years past being stalled
Give it up. You're complaining about something that's nonclassic and asking for something even more nonclassic in order to "fix" it.

If P99 isn't 100% exactly everything you want, well guess what? It's not exactly 100% what anyone wants. But it is god damn amazing. The people who can't enjoy it for what it is need to gtfo rather than demand the staff cater specifically to their desires, especially when doing so would probably work contrary to the desires of a lot of the rest of the server.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Option D. No, I'm content with the way the server is now.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:13 AM
Kobold

Quote:
discussing hopes of something does not equal demanding something

and no launching more server(s) is not more unclassic then how bad the resource saturation problem on this server is

more then 1 server is classic
You seem to act as if you're not demanding it, but you're quick to constantly bump/repost about your stance on the matter. None the less, Nilbog and crew have already said it won't happen. A progression server after velious is at the end of its times, sure that might be in their thoughts. Other than that, why keep trying to advocate something that will not happen? Use some fucking periods for gods sake.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
more then 1 server is classic
3000 population at prime time and 1500 during non-prime is classic. Extra servers were created to handle the population load, not to provide more sandboxes to play in. Space (real or virtual) is only created/utilized as the market demands. A server with prime-time population of 1000, peak (ever) of 1500, and non-primetime of 300 doesn't need more sandboxes.

You'll notice Everquest Live has reduced servers as the game's population has decreased. By your philosophy, Everquest Live should still be creating additional servers and my Live server, Mithaniel Marr, should not be combined with four (that right?) other servers: Saryrn and the two that Saryrn merged with.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3000 population at prime time and 1500 during non-prime is classic. Extra servers were created to handle the population load, not to provide more sandboxes to play in. Space (real or virtual) is only created/utilized as the market demands. A server with prime-time population of 1000, peak (ever) of 1500, and non-primetime of 300 doesn't need more sandboxes.

You'll notice Everquest Live has reduced servers as the game's population has decreased. By your philosophy, Everquest Live should still be creating additional servers and my Live server, Mithaniel Marr, should not be combined with four (that right?) other servers: Saryrn and the two that Saryrn merged with.
It's useless, falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-11-2013, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

I would be fine with a 2nd blue server that reset on an annual basis. Toons would be transfered over to the main server before the annual reset so they aren't lost. This server would be a nice leveling server and good for those who like to race to the max level for server first and what not.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Poll has bad answers. OP needs to go take research methods class in undergrad.

I'm with Estu. I would probably come back just because there's nothing better to do anywhere else, but I'd be mad as hell over the reset. But I guess the tears of the pro-reset people a year later (when I'm rich, max level, and heavy-laden with legacy items, and they're starting polls about another reset so they can even the playing field... again...) might actually make it all worthwhile.
Then you should vote:

Yes, but I would be fearful of another reset.
Closed Thread