Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 02:22 PM
Sarnak

Default Password recovery options?

Ok, seriously: What the actual fuck?

Why can't we recover our passwords when we obviously have access to the eqemu. There are a ton of people on there who are in the same situation as I have been. (I have been browsing the eqemulator.org forums)

I changed my password, then immediately could not log in. I have been locked out since about a year ago, and I have recreated my troll shaman but he's still not as high as my toon that got locked out.

This is so ridiculous, at least allow us to have a case by case review or an amnesty day where a GM will listen to all our complaints or something.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:58 PM
Kobold

get fucked
Old 05-29-2013, 03:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
get fucked
RAMPAAAAGGGEEE
Old 05-29-2013, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

How to not ever lose your passwords:

salt term + individual term
letter replacement + capitalization

Salt Term: Is called a salt term coz you put salt on everything. This is one word that you include in all of your passwords. Since you're a nerd, your salt term will be "nerd" for this example.

Individual Term: Something individual to the subject of the login. For instance, if it's a website login to a forum about dogs, your individual term could be "dogs" ..or.. if your website is about skiing, your individual term could be "ski" ..or.. if you want to be more specific, if your logic was for project 1999, your individual term could be "project" or even "project1999". Whatever you end up deciding as an individual term, stick to that scheme, so "face" and "project" or "book" and "1999" rather than "face" and "1999" - this is mainly a way to ensure memory.

Letter Replacement: Zh0u1d b3 Z31f 3xpl4nit0ry. My suggestion is to pick one or two letters in your salt term, and one or two very common vowels, and stick to that. It doesn't have to be 4 for a, and 1 for l. Stick to a few alterations, and you will remember it.

Capitalization: pick a letter of your salt term, and ALWAYS capitalize it and any like it in the individual term. I've chosen d in the below examples:

example passwords built on this idea:

n3rDD0gs
n3rDsk1
n3rDpr0j3ct

As you can see, each password is unique to the website without being easy to guess outside of the context of knowing your salt term. Each password also contains a seemingly random combination of alphanumerics including case sensitivity where those passwords are differentiated. Each password is also extremely easy to discern for any individual website without having to memorize anything but your system.

The other beauty of this system is that at any time you can change all of your passwords easily by just changing the salt term.

There, now you never have to whine on rnf ever ever again about this stupid ass shit. L2computer, noob.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:38 PM
Sarnak

All of your password cookies are stored on your system32 folder. I would delete that and it should make ALL of your passwords reset, allowing whatever you put to permanently become your password. Another step to ensure this to work is take a strong magnet and run it over your Hard Drive. This takes out the password nooks and crannies allowing for newer passwords to be put in.

pls dont do this tho for real itll make ur computer turn into candy
Old 05-29-2013, 03:44 PM
Sarnak

All that is great, but why is eqemulator.org the only site in the world that doesn't offer password recovery?
Old 05-29-2013, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Because you touch yourself at night.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because you touch yourself at night.
No that's why puppies have to die.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by renordw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No that's why puppies have to die.
And also why god kills kittens.. none of this is mutually exclusive. God is a jealous and cruel god.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:53 PM
Sarnak

Ok the issue is that I know what my password SHOULD be. It just never worked after I typed it in, admittedly twice.

What the fuck am I supposed to do? Passcrack it? There are only like a few thousand possible permutations that it could possibly be.
Closed Thread