Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Classic mechanics or classic feel?
Classic mechanics 30 41.67%
Classic feel 42 58.33%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 01:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoleUK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A free market is good game design.

Game wasn't designed to be stagnant though.
Then making the MQ items droppable would drop the prices like crazy, since you wouldn't need several people to assist with a turn in, such as pieces of the pipe for the monk epic. It just feels like some bastardized middle ground.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:10 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by renordw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then making the MQ items droppable would drop the prices like crazy, since you wouldn't need several people to assist with a turn in, such as pieces of the pipe for the monk epic. It just feels like some bastardized middle ground.
Different kind of stagnant. Same people.

In theory there's good reason it's MQable, opens up epics etc to those who don't have the time to make those camps.

In practice you have a monopoly. Shits fucked up.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoleUK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Different kind of stagnant. Same people.

In theory there's good reason it's MQable, opens up epics etc to those who don't have the time to make those camps.

In practice you have a monopoly.
What's the argument against making the NO DROP items tradeable?
Old 12-12-2016, 01:13 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by renordw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The same people will camp them.

It might make things a bit better. It doesn't address the problem directly.

Classic is cancer, in this instance.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
The same people will camp them.

It might make things a bit better. It doesn't address the problem directly.

Classic is cancer, in this instance.
I played on the Firiona Vie server on live, and I remember there was nothing that was no drop, even epics were tradeable.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Proposed this hypothetical on page 1. I'm still waiting to hear what change this would create with regard to selling/buying/completing quests. I'm pretty sure the answer is "nothing".
Old 12-12-2016, 01:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollhide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Proposed this hypothetical on page 1. I'm still waiting to hear what change this would create with regard to selling/buying/completing quests. I'm pretty sure the answer is "nothing".
I'm not against either solution, make the NO DROP items totally tradeable, or make them truly NO DROP. In either way, I think it would result in a reduction in hoarding.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:17 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
I played on the Firiona Vie server on live, and I remember there was nothing that was no drop, even epics were tradeable.
Was FV timelocked to a specific expansion, never to move forward?

P99 is unique. In good ways and bad.

One of the bad is the economy. It's just fucked.

I say this as a newbie with little experience in game, but it's quite obvious imo.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:18 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
I'm not against either solution, make the NO DROP items totally tradeable, or make them truly NO DROP. In either way, I think it would result in a reduction in hoarding.
Yes, either is better than the situation as is.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Was FV timelocked to a specific expansion, never to move forward?

P99 is unique. In good ways and bad.

One of the bad is the economy. It's just fucked.

I say this as a newbie with little experience in game, but it's quite obvious imo.
No, FV wasn't locked. I've been here for about 7 years now, and you're totally right. But it's not just the economy, it's all the people who hit 60 using bard powerlevels and Chardok. I think the way things function now is nearly optimal, except for MQ obviously. I think a new server might be the perfect solution to the economy.
Last edited by renordw; 12-12-2016 at 01:22 PM..
Closed Thread