Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Classic mechanics or classic feel?
Classic mechanics 30 41.67%
Classic feel 42 58.33%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 01:25 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by renordw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, FV wasn't locked. I've been here for about 7 years now, and you're totally right. But it's not just the economy, it's all the people who hit 60 using bard powerlevels and Chardok. I think the way things function now is nearly optimal, except for MQ obviously. I think a new server might be the perfect solution to the economy.
The economy is just what I've experienced. I imagine the raiding is much worse. Too top heavy, a recipe for drama.

A new server would solve a lot, at least for some years. Eventually the same problem will always pop up, but if it takes 5 years then it's not a huge problem.

Of course a new server causes it's own problems, seems like less overall though. P99 already has a shelf span before it goes bad, so why not make the best of it.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoleUK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The economy is just what I've experienced. I imagine the raiding is much worse. Too top heavy, a recipe for drama.

A new server would solve a lot, at least for some years. Eventually the same problem will always pop up, but if it takes 5 years then it's not a huge problem.

Of course a new server causes it's own problems, seems like less overall though. P99 already has a shelf span before it goes bad, so why not make the best of it.
Raiding is definitely worse, and I blame it on Chardok and bards. I think there virtually no organic level 60s
Old 12-12-2016, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by renordw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played on the Firiona Vie server on live, and I remember there was nothing that was no drop, even epics were tradeable.
You remember incorrectly. Epics at no point on FV were tradeable outside of the Epic 2.5 pages from Demiplane.

MQing is classic. Either find the camp open (for most epics this isn't unreasonable to suggest), or buy the MQs / pieces you need.

Bard, Necro, Wizard, Warrior, Shadowknight epics will always be locked down until they realize it's best to just put a 2 hour respawn on all raid mobs so people can have their own fun on their own terms.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:33 PM
Fire Giant

Making no drop quest items tradable would have no effect. Disabling MQ would make certain quest rewards easier to get for some people, and more difficult for others. Everybody can farm plat, not everybody can assemble a raid force or commit the block of time to join one. Neither scenario is classic.

It really sounds to me like people complaining about this particular issue just want to sacrifice classic aspects in order to make the game easier. This is not something I can get behind and is not in keeping with the entire reason for P99's existence. The difficulty and sandbox environment is what has kept me coming back to EQ over the past 17 years. If easy is what you are looking for, there are thousands of other games out there, but please dont try to ruin this project for those of us that play BECAUSE it is classic.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You remember incorrectly. Epics at no point on FV were tradeable outside of the Epic 2.5 pages from Demiplane.

MQing is classic. Either find the camp open (for most epics this isn't unreasonable to suggest), or buy the MQs / pieces you need.

Bard, Necro, Wizard, Warrior, Shadowknight epics will always be locked down until they realize it's best to just put a 2 hour respawn on all raid mobs so people can have their own fun on their own terms.
Maybe the epics weren't tradeable, but everything else was.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollhide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Making no drop quest items tradable would have no effect. Disabling MQ would make certain quest rewards easier to get for some people, and more difficult for others. Everybody can farm plat, not everybody can assemble a raid force or commit the block of time to join one. Neither scenario is classic.

It really sounds to me like people complaining about this particular issue just want to sacrifice classic aspects in order to make the game easier. This is not something I can get behind and is not in keeping with the entire reason for P99's existence. The difficulty and sandbox environment is what has kept me coming back to EQ over the past 17 years. If easy is what you are looking for, there are thousands of other games out there, but please dont try to ruin this project for those of us that play BECAUSE it is classic.
For me, it's not a question of classic mechanics, it's high end guilds that hoard pieces.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
I think a new server might be the perfect solution to the economy.
Wait, what? I'm confused.... how would this solve the bard powerleveling and Chardok groups? I mean yes when it goes live of course such things will not be available but over time it will be right back to square one. In my opinion this would be a stop gap, not a solution.

Helping you get on Project99 since yesterday.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfullard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait, what? I'm confused.... how would this solve the bard powerleveling and Chardok groups? I mean yes when it goes live of course such things will not be available but over time it will be right back to square one. In my opinion this would be a stop gap, not a solution.
PBAOE only hits 25 mobs now, although I think it should be like 8. But at least it's not infinite like it was for years. It's not worth it to do Chardok anymore, and bard powerlevels are seriously reduced in their efficacy.
Last edited by renordw; 12-12-2016 at 01:46 PM..
Old 12-12-2016, 01:42 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
For me, it's not a question of classic mechanics, it's high end guilds that hoard pieces.
Seems that way.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:43 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfullard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If things go back to the way they were in the beginning, yes.

If certain things are altered notsomuch.

Even if they're not though, it stretches things out. Like I said, there's a shelflife either way, which option extends it?

If nobody cares about the lifespan of the server, it doesn't really matter.
Closed Thread