Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2019, 11:29 PM
Sarnak

Default Low-Mid tier Dungeon non-classic custom ZEM's here on p99

Clan Runnyeye
Permafrost
Cazic

I'm not a huge game "rules", classic/non-classic, EQ neckbeard guy but what the fuck is up with the ZEM's in these zones? They are not even remotely close to original launch ZEM. Its ridiculous. If you can take the time to adjust CB, you can take the time to adjust these back to what they were originally.
Old 12-18-2019, 11:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsmash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Clan Runnyeye
Permafrost
Cazic

I'm not a huge game "rules", classic/non-classic, EQ neckbeard guy but what the fuck is up with the ZEM's in these zones? They are not even remotely close to original launch ZEM. Its ridiculous. If you can take the time to adjust CB, you can take the time to adjust these back to what they were originally.
I’m sure if you can post evidence they’ll consider it
Old 12-19-2019, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m sure if you can post evidence they’ll consider it
I doubt it.

ZEMs are one of the few exceptions to the normal "keep it classic" rule here: the devs would rather have "classic mystery about the ZEMs" than actual classic ZEMs. As I understand it (and really the devs don't like to talk about this stuff ... or anything else on the forums these days, for that matter), it's because the actual classic ZEMs are widely known in EQEmu, and people knowing those exact values is more unclassic to them.

Personally I think it's the wrong call, not because it's wrong per say, but because it's an unnecessary exception to a server that's full of classic features people have unclassic knowledge of. I think it fits the vision of a classic EQ server to have classic mechanics of all sort, including ZEM ... but they clearly feel otherwise, and of course we're just lucky to have any of this at all [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-19-2019 at 12:32 PM..
Old 12-19-2019, 12:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I doubt it.

ZEMs are one of the few exceptions to the normal "keep it classic" rule here: the devs would rather have "classic mystery about the ZEMs" than actual classic ZEMs. As I understand it (and really the devs don't like to talk about this stuff ... or anything else on the forums these days, for that matter), it's because the actual classic ZEMs are widely known in EQEmu, and people knowing those exact values is more unclassic to them.

Personally I think it's the wrong call, not because it's wrong per say, but because it's an unnecessary exception to a server that's full of classic features people have unclassic knowledge of. I think it fits the vision of a classic EQ server to have classic mechanics of all sort, including ZEM ... but they clearly feel otherwise, and of course we're just lucky to have any of this at all [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^

@cd288 I dont have to post proof because all the original zone experience modifiers are in EQEmu. The dungeons I listed are set just above the outdoor zones at 75%. Its stupid.
Old 12-19-2019, 12:42 PM
Kobold

There is so much awesome classic content you cant get groups for because people lust after ZEM exp so only high zem dungeons and zones get groups.
Old 12-19-2019, 12:51 PM
Fire Giant

Correct there is a bug report thread with evidence already. There are several major bugs that seem to be getting ignored that are making things very not classic.

Feign death changes.
ZEMs.
Mana per int/wis beyond 200.
Item recharging not working for all items.

Probably a few others but these have existed for months or even years now on the bug reports forum with evidence provided. If these things were changed to be classic the entire dynamic of P99 would change overnight.

Classes like Enchanter are clearly overpowered regardless of being classic yet they aren't nerfed but classes like Necro, Druid, Bard, and others have all been nerfed from their classic state due to being "OP."

I was really hopeful that these new servers wouldn't turn into Cheese 2.0 but that is exactly what has happened. People rushing through levels with non-classic ZEM using charmed backstabbing pets so they can poopsock raid mobs with their non-classic levels of inflated mana and easy FD pulling to split mobs.

I really don't know why things are being kept so "ez mode" here when adequate proof has been provided.

I've just decided that this isn't an attempt at classic EQ anymore. It's just P99 which is fun enough in the right situations.
Old 12-19-2019, 12:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Correct there is a bug report thread with evidence already. There are several major bugs that seem to be getting ignored that are making things very not classic.

Feign death changes.
ZEMs.
Mana per int/wis beyond 200.
Item recharging not working for all items.

Probably a few others but these have existed for months or even years now on the bug reports forum with evidence provided. If these things were changed to be classic the entire dynamic of P99 would change overnight.

Classes like Enchanter are clearly overpowered regardless of being classic yet they aren't nerfed but classes like Necro, Druid, Bard, and others have all been nerfed from their classic state due to being "OP."

I was really hopeful that these new servers wouldn't turn into Cheese 2.0 but that is exactly what has happened. People rushing through levels with non-classic ZEM using charmed backstabbing pets so they can poopsock raid mobs with their non-classic levels of inflated mana and easy FD pulling to split mobs.

I really don't know why things are being kept so "ez mode" here when adequate proof has been provided.

I've just decided that this isn't an attempt at classic EQ anymore. It's just P99 which is fun enough in the right situations.
It’s still an excellent classic server, nothing even comes close to P99.
Old 12-19-2019, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleztheAndal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s still an excellent classic server, nothing even comes close to P99.
Exactly.

It's like, do I disagree on this particular topic? Yes. But we're talking about maybe 0.1% of the mechanics of a server with like 98.7% classic mechanics ... when said server already had my heart way back at 70% [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-19-2019, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

I've already compiled the evidence here, and also just recently discovered the exact patch that boosted these ZEMs along with threads of people talking about it. It was March 2002. Out of era.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=343193

Nothing wrong with having slightly "custom" ZEMs on P99, and I agree with the mystery angle, but they should at least be classic in spirit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-19-2019, 01:15 PM
Fire Giant

The mystery ZEM is that you go to Guk and HHK. End of story. Go to UGuk at level 10ish, leave at 27 and go to HHK goblins, leave at 35 and find something till 40 (sola, etc), then go back to HHK nobles to 50.

Pretty much everyone beyond level 40 has taken this path with some slight variations.
Closed Thread