Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2019, 05:45 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Spawn Rate of End Game Named Mobs on Green and Teal

It seems that a large number of the 35+ named mobs on Green and Teal have had their spawn rates cut more than in half. A number of 'common' named mobs, such as the Ghoul Lord in Guk, or Efreeti, seem to have exceptionally low spawn rates now. Ghoul Lord is Classically a 75% spawn rate, and now seems to be < 25% spawn rate.

I understand the Admins can run this server however they like, but could the community be advised changes to spawn rates of mobs through patch notes and such? If I had known the efreeti was now at a < 10% rate I would not have spent 8 hours camping him with 0 spawns. I understand RNG, but rates on mobs have been very reduced, down way past 'classic' levels on our classic servers, and I wish I could know which mobs had their spawn rates thus nerfed so I could not waste my time trying to camp them.

Please let us know.
Old 12-23-2019, 06:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittens69 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand RNG
Are you sure you do, though? Most people don't. You could at the very least provide some modicum of empirical evidence for your claims of lowered spawn rates instead of a short, purely anecdotal story.
Last edited by TripSin; 12-23-2019 at 06:18 PM..
Old 12-23-2019, 06:19 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you sure you do, though? Most people don't. You could at the very least provide some modicum of empirical evidence for your claims of lowered spawn rates instead of a short, purely anecdotal story.
Ghoul Lord is supposed to be 75% and its so nerfed they even say its not 75% on the wiki on green. Dozens of people who have camped him for hundreds of hours now all experiencing the same low spawn rate is no anecdotal.
Old 12-23-2019, 06:25 PM
Project Manager

Spawn rates on npcs have not changed.

Sometimes an area with poorly level distributed spawngroups is redone (like wandering low level trash), and usually mentioned in patch notes. Any change to 'end game named mobs' would most likely be addressed in patch notes, and furthermore would be done to make it more classic, not less.
Old 12-23-2019, 06:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spawn rates on npcs have not changed.

Sometimes an area with poorly level distributed spawngroups is redone (like wandering low level trash), and usually mentioned in patch notes. Any change to 'end game named mobs' would most likely be addressed in patch notes, and furthermore would be done to make it more classic, not less.

I am not trying to be disagreeable but how could a mobs with a classical spawn rate of 75% spawn like less that 15% of the time. Going 5 hours or so without a single lord spawn, for instance, has like a < 1% chance of happening when his spawn rate is classically 75%. Either everyone is super unlucky or it's not his classic spawn rate.
Old 12-23-2019, 06:52 PM
Banned

Second time I camped AoF I saw 27 straight PH, not even a claw. Around 12 hours.
Old 12-23-2019, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

Not just spawn rates....but also drop rates it seems (as everyone doing the manastone camp can tell you).
Old 12-23-2019, 07:03 PM
Fire Giant

I second the call for data and empirical evidence over the complaints about how it “feels” like an unclassic spawn rate. Have you considered that you’re just less patient and/or more proficient player than you were in 1999?

For example, I don’t anecdotally feel like ghoul lord is as low as 15%. I’ve seen him spawn back to back multiple times, seems fairly common. The Monopoly odds of rolling doubles 3x (and going to jail for it) are around 0.5% (per player turn), but it happens with some regularity, welcome to the RNG!

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Last edited by uygi; 12-23-2019 at 07:07 PM..
Old 12-23-2019, 07:38 PM
Kobold

Post the last 64 spawns then please? I'd love to see it distribution and see how close it is to the 75% it was back on the day

Hell if even 50% I'd be psyched
Old 12-23-2019, 07:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zillabunny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Post the last 64 spawns then please? I'd love to see it distribution and see how close it is to the 75% it was back on the day

Hell if even 50% I'd be psyched
Cazic helps those who help themselves! Go camp it for 30 straight hours yourself, and then you post the data. If you’re implying that Nilbog should go look it up for you, I think you’re barking up the wrong tree- he doesn’t work for you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I might also question the accuracy of that 75% figure, do we have real, reliable data to back that up in era?

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Closed Thread