Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 01-08-2020, 10:32 PM
Skeleton

Default Highpass Gnoll Issue

I posted this in the petitions forum too in order to see if I could get a rez, but I think I may have encountered some sort of issue with the Highpass Gnolls. I'm wondering if anyone has run into this before.

So I'm on the path in Highpass between the gate and the zone line to the Karanas. I'm killing a Gnoll Champion in the path by itself, no other Gnolls anywhere near us. As the Gnoll is about halfway dead, all the sudden what looked like every single Gnoll in the zone suddenly appeared in the path on top of us and wrecked me.

Before I pulled the Gnoll Champion I specifically looked around everywhere to make sure he was not in aggro range of anyone else. There wasn't a single Gnoll nearby and when I pulled him, there were no adds. I pulled him back into the path away from the gate to avoid any wanderers (and had also killed the wandering spawn in the path beforehand to ensure that one wouldn't aggro).

This seems to me like some sort of bug. How else would like 5 or 6 Gnolls suddenly teleport to us and aggro me? I didn't stand a chance of course and lost my level...very frustrating.

There were also no players nearby, so it wasn't a train. And they didn't come running from a direction anyway (like they would if they'd been trained) they essentially just showed up on top of me all at once.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:38 PM
Planar Protector

They probably didn't teleport to you, they probably respawned.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:45 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They probably didn't teleport to you, they probably respawned.
It wasn't that. When I say literally every Gnoll in the whole Gnoll portion of Highpass I mean literally every Gnoll. Flamepaws, Soothsayers, Champions, Shamans, regular Gnolls, all of them en masse teleporting down at once to the spot I was standing on. They all have different spawn points along the path and cliffs.

Actually, literally as I was writing this, someone walked by me, aggroed one of the Gnolls on the path, and they all teleported onto him.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:58 PM
Skeleton

I tested it by killing a Gnoll on the other side of the gate pulling it a bit way back down the path further into Highpass. There was no teleporting issue, so it seems limited to the area just past the gate toward the Karana zone line. Aggroing a Gnoll there seems to cause the teleporting issue.
Old 01-09-2020, 02:12 AM
Fire Giant

I have seen this behavior if you pull a gnoll from or near the Arch/tunnel below the captain you hand in gnoll scalps too.

BUT only if you puling him east towards the East karana zone line. I suspect the agro radious of the one you pull is enough to share agro with the other gnoll on the ledge above due to wonky pathing mobs have right now.

Probably why you do not see many people puling toward the East karana zone line. Puling west seems safe though.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 01-09-2020, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buellen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have seen this behavior if you pull a gnoll from or near the Arch/tunnel below the captain you hand in gnoll scalps too.

BUT only if you puling him east towards the East karana zone line. I suspect the agro radious of the one you pull is enough to share agro with the other gnoll on the ledge above due to wonky pathing mobs have right now.

Probably why you do not see many people puling toward the East karana zone line. Puling west seems safe though.
I've had this happen to me as well. From what I can tell by the spawn points, it seems like the likely culprit is the Gnoll (usually a Flamepaw, I believe) that spawns on the cliff to the left over the path. That Gnoll seems to aggro based on LOS (probably just wonky aggro range overall, but since it's within LOS it seems like LOS) and then I'm assuming it runs along the cliff aggroing everything else with it's whacky aggro range and then glitchy pathing causes them to essentially suddenly show up right where you're killing the mob.

This has the added effect of essentially making that part of Highpass impassable unless you have Invis or are much higher level. I saw a mid-20s Rogue have to run back to zone, unable to get through, because one of the Gnolls on the path (though Green) was just high enough level to aggro him and cause the whole thing to come storming down on him.