Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2020, 06:26 PM
Server GM

Default The great merge of 2020

Since I've seen a lot of feedback since the merger of Green/Teal, I thought I would address the players as to why and how it was done. As Rogean stated here; the population has been closely monitored since the creation of the Teal server. Collectively, we felt that the population of both servers (Green and Teal) during prime time reached the threshold we had in mind and it was decided that it was time to merge.
This should have been better communicated to the players, and I will take the hit on that. Rogean handled majority of the grunt work, and the transition went as smooth as we had hoped (corpses, lists, Guilds, faction values, inventories etc). Moving forward, I'll work with Administration to ensure there's better communication between us and the players.

- Lland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraceptive View Post
If you can prove God is real to me I might believe you aren't just a virgin that has been given fake internet powers that you over-wield on an imaginary game. Also, don't forget to take contraceptive, the world doesn't need any more yous. Ah who the hell am I kidding you're not reproducing you're too busy blanket banning people on a 20 year old elf simulator.
Last edited by Llandris; 01-21-2020 at 07:42 PM..
Old 01-21-2020, 06:45 PM
Kobold

You guys are the best
Old 01-21-2020, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

But naow I have to wait fur mah solo xp spawt!
Old 01-21-2020, 06:47 PM
Planar Protector

P99 staff (who volunteer their time to let us all play) apologizing for not communicating with us players?!? I think I've died and gone to bizzaro heaven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But seriously:

Quote:
Originally Posted by plzrelax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys are the best

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-21-2020, 06:50 PM
Orc

Thanks for all of your help maintaining the server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The wife and I love the content and appreciate all of the hard work from the developers. The fact we can play a month or two and then come back later to revisit and continue the quest, even years later, on a time locked server of this quality is fantastic and we're grateful.

We're not all in because we hate contested content and the behavior it encourages. This is very different from our personal live experience. So, admittedly the timing of the merger is disappointing to us. However, I know many players love P99 for this very reason!

Love the museum, ty again, you won't keep everyone happy all of the time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-21-2020, 06:53 PM
Aviak

Love the game and appreciate all that you do. Hate the timing and reactions this has caused in game from other players.
Old 01-21-2020, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

Rock on. Do you know when the Teal character name database gets purged? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Im supposed to wait to petition until that happens to get my lost name ;D
Old 01-21-2020, 07:04 PM
Sarnak

nerf soulfire

Artelius Longwood
Old 01-21-2020, 07:12 PM
Kobold

Mmmmm. Meh. Was enjoying my non-neckbeard time to play the game. I am not hardcore, won't ever be. That's okay. It's also okay to be hardcore. The split servers allowed for that. It was a happy medium of both.

When green launched I already told myself no thanks. Too many assholes and not enough nice people. Then Teal launched....I gave it a go. Had the time of my life.

Instead, this now only favors the hardcore, once again. In the last 24 hours I've had some ass hat green turd just come flying through my camp or training me to take a camp 7 times. Not even in that great of areas, because now the server is over crowded for a retro emulator. The douche bag doesn't ask, just pushes on in. No apology, not worth the headache to fight over a free game. Can't report it, because nobody will do anything. "Classic" for sure.

Simple solution: just launch Kunark now.

Staff - I appreciate everything you've done!
Old 01-21-2020, 07:56 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

While I enjoyed the game a bit more pre-merge, I do appreciate the communications.
Closed Thread