Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2020, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

Some mobs in skyfire had level ranges always below 51 so you could safely pull all those. Not sure if anything in fear is always 50 or under.
Old 01-27-2020, 03:47 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

PBAOE is limited to 4 right now too
Old 01-27-2020, 05:11 AM
Planar Protector

Sub-100 ping is also not classic to 1999 ^^
Old 01-27-2020, 07:19 AM
Banned

I've never played a bard and I don't know how their aoe's are supposed to function right now but within the first week of green I was seeing bards swarming up like 20 beetles at a time in north karana and it was annoying as fuck

like yeah i get wanting to kill a bunch of mobs at once, but it would take them like ten minutes to kill the whole swarm meanwhile there isn't shit to kill, and then when they start repopping the bard is already rounding them back up again
Old 01-27-2020, 07:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've never played a bard and I don't know how their aoe's are supposed to function right now but within the first week of green I was seeing bards swarming up like 20 beetles at a time in north karana and it was annoying as fuck

like yeah i get wanting to kill a bunch of mobs at once, but it would take them like ten minutes to kill the whole swarm meanwhile there isn't shit to kill, and then when they start repopping the bard is already rounding them back up again
I mean, maybe? That would take a very long time. I'd see NK bards with about 4 beetles. They seemed to know what's up.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:55 AM
Planar Protector

yea pulling and hoarding more than you can hit is shitty... I think there was a ruling if a bard had more than 25 you could pull extras off the kite in blue so I’d think the same would apply on green if a bard has more than 4 you could rip off the extras! *warning tho* if you do that and the bard dies or zones all his adds will come to you unless you take the one you peeled to leash range!
-a bard
Old 01-27-2020, 04:19 PM
Large Bat

It's time for bard's to be able to pbaoe 25 mobs!
Old 01-27-2020, 06:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Baptiste Cutting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bards are Norrath’s cancer. Hopefully the limit is never removed.
Old 01-27-2020, 08:27 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best bard kiting was before low hp aggro changes on blue. Could pull all the sub-51 mobs in skyfire, get aggro onto one character who stays low on hp and far ahead of the pack, and have a bard aoe down 100-120 mobs that were level 45+ ... Lol.
Back in this era there was no leashing either. Late at night PST, when there weren't any xp'ers in DL, we'd gather 90+% of the mobs in zone and aoe blast um. Definitely numbering in the hundreds. I'm glad you can't do it anymore, but it was good times. No idea how somebody figured out you could do that.
Old 01-28-2020, 07:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sub-100 ping is also not classic to 1999 ^^
Neither is red, but alas.