Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 08:20 AM
Planar Protector

Is the "name or next" thing a real rule or did a guide use that viewpoint in a single instance? I see no mention of it in Project 1999 Play Nice Policy (PNP) - Server Rules and Expectations. The wiki is not run or maintained by the staff and should not really be considered a reliable source for rules, in my opinion.
Old 01-28-2020, 08:25 AM
Fire Giant

The “immediately” part is what invalidates it all.

Use some fucking etiquette for Pete’s sake, but there is nothing about immediate response with camp successor.

Let’s not be that deep in the asshole pit, eh?
Old 01-28-2020, 08:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is the "name or next" thing a real rule or did a guide use that viewpoint in a single instance? I see no mention of it in Project 1999 Play Nice Policy (PNP) - Server Rules and Expectations. The wiki is not run or maintained by the staff and should not really be considered a reliable source for rules, in my opinion.
It is from an ex GM's post on the forum and the post says:

"Pretty clear-cut, and these exact rules have been around in one form or another for quite some time."

Implying the GM believed he was giving general guidance and not specific guidance.
Old 01-28-2020, 08:43 AM
Sarnak

Honestly I wish when you had such a clear case of douchbaggery these kind of people would be suspended and eventually banned - maybe not from this one case specifically but also the post Mignart made. Yes you can argue that it isn't explicitly stated "I want camp when you leave" but with a little critical thinking you can see that OP wanted to be next - they weren't asking how much longer Pamila would be just for general knowledge.

I was pretty bummed with the merge due to things being overcrowded but honestly just about every person I've met has been decent, polite, and friendly, including high levels in the l33t guilds - it has been pleasantly surprising in fact. Getting rid of assholes like Pamila will only make this community more pleasant and enjoyable for all.
Old 01-28-2020, 09:17 AM
Banned

doesnt happen on blue

come join the cool and normal folks
Old 01-28-2020, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"Pretty clear-cut, and these exact rules have been around in one form or another for quite some time."

Implying the GM believed he was giving general guidance and not specific guidance.
Cite source please
Old 01-28-2020, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Where the fuck is the link?
Old 01-28-2020, 10:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cite source please
I did but you and DMN never bothered to open the wiki page because it's the wiki. God forbid it have an exact quote from a GM which specifically says that his ruling is a general rule the wiki provides a hyper link to the exact post the GM made.

But okay, here is the forum post:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...19#post1652719
Old 01-28-2020, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

Pamila being an asshole again. Unsurprising
Old 01-28-2020, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I did but you and DMN never bothered to open the wiki page because it's the wiki. God forbid it have an exact quote from a GM which specifically says that his ruling is a general rule the wiki provides a hyper link to the exact post the GM made.

But okay, here is the forum post:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...19#post1652719
I would not consider a 2014 post from Derubael on this subject to be binding. The Project 1999 Play Nice Policy (PNP) - Server Rules and Expectations, written in May of last year, makes no mention of this supposed rule. Are we to believe every inconsistent and once-off forum post made by former staff represents a standing rule on the server? I fundamentally and vehemently disagree with such a notion.