Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2020, 12:35 PM
Orc

Default Starting on Blue - is it worth it?

The starting zones seem absolutely dead so it's hard for me to gauge if I will enjoy this server. I had been playing on green but some zones are so vastly overcrowded I have come looking towards Blue.

I don't want to solo 1-60. I don't want to be in overcrowded zones. I don't want to wait til 60 to do things with groups. Is this server a good fit or no?
Old 01-27-2020, 12:40 PM
Sarnak

There are groups, you just have to be in higher traffic areas. Crushbone, Unrest, High Keep, City of Mist, etc.
Old 01-27-2020, 01:57 PM
Sarnak

No. Period.

You might as well pick another EMU server. Blue is completely fucked in the market and now the population
Old 01-27-2020, 02:18 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsmash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No. Period.

You might as well pick another EMU server. Blue is completely fucked in the market and now the population
There is blue, there is green, there is red. Which server?
Old 01-27-2020, 02:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsmash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No. Period.

Your first part of your sentiment is backwards. Blue's economy favors new players because mid to high end equipment is dirt cheap. A set of crusty armor and a decent weapon is probably under 2k and would blow away anything you could get on Green for the same price. Take a mithril 2 handed sword: basically 20k on Green, under 500 on Blue. This is a mix of better late game items coming out over time as well as general deflation that will happen on Green as well.

In terms of grouping: There are definitely still leveling groups during prime time for US time zones, if you're playing off hours it would be hard to consistently group and Green would definitely be more reliable, but I'd definitely plan on soloing about half the time either way.
Old 01-27-2020, 02:39 PM
Sarnak

If you stick on blue, I'd suggest trying to join a guild-- being in a guild usually increases your chances of scoring a group. And, being in a guild is pretty fun! If you group with someone that is guilded and they seem cool, it never hurts to ask if you can join up
Old 01-27-2020, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexNemox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is blue, there is green, there is red. Which server?
Green. You’ll make it.

Joining a guild would help a lot. Any guild without a level requirement will be a source of advice and conversation and groups. Whether on Green or Blue, consider <Castle>.
Old 01-27-2020, 03:58 PM
Banned

Join a guild, use /who all to find similar level players to group with.

Those of us left on Blue are mostly all chill peeps willing to bring another person into a group.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

YES , playing blue is worth it. It's the peak of what P99 offers. When green days are sun sets it will be what blue is.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:13 PM
Large Bat

Why would you start on blue and not the brand new popping server, green? Lol.
Closed Thread