Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 08:11 AM
Fire Giant

The proc on rune swords is hardly overpowered, you could easily get by with never using them.

Mages are a fun class to play and to add something that people have overlooked a very high dps class. Especially in group situations. The 49 pet alone is ridiculously good, not to mention focused higher level pets, nukes, DS.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 01-28-2020, 10:03 AM
Sarnak

Best pet dps outside of charmed mobs. They are seriously awesome DPS for groups. In the context of raids they are less exciting as its mostly coth/mod rods/nuke. Pets can be more of a liability on some raids. Pet alone is just great sustained DPS though and then mages are just below a wizard in nuking abilities. If I'm looking for DPS in a group they are one of the classes I'm looking for.

Also, amazing duo with a shammy right now in classic. Shammy slow and then send both pets in = profit. Crazy efficient exp.
Old 01-28-2020, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsmash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was not classic and mages being able to crush things farming with that massive extra DPS taints the whole market with items mages were never able to farm unless they were significantly higher lvl vs the mob solo. Its ridiculous.

Edit- and for people who dont know it's a 40 (44?) Damage proc summoned weapons that's only supposed to proc vs summoned mobs that starts to proc at lvl 20 that your high dex dps pet can duel weild

Correction- they fixed it for players pretty fast which is what I remembered but unfortunately left it in till velious. My bad. Saw a warrior duel wielding these things and it triggered me. I'll have some more coffee
I'd be interested to see examples with screenshots of all these Mages on Green who are farming all the valuable loot and cash camps in the game. When it comes to farming, I haven't seen many Mages. Probably 90% of the people I've seen farming are Enchanters or Necros, with some Shamans thrown in too. Barely seen many Mage farmers so it sounds like this is an issue that may not actually be occurring in reality.
Old 01-28-2020, 03:01 PM
Aviak

Mages can farm frenzy and magi pretty easily, its not due to their swords though lol. They're OP when you get them at 29 sure, but a couple 41dd procs per mob stops being significant when they're quadding for 56 anyway. Mages are great at farming lower lvl stuff, and are alright at intermediate level farming (am/frenz) against single mobs: but necros and encs have always been the best at the harder camps like king and lord
Old 01-28-2020, 03:10 PM
Kobold

You play mage so you can transfer weight-free bags and ultravision to your alts.
Old 01-28-2020, 03:23 PM
Banned

coth and mod rods

thats it
Old 01-28-2020, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The 49 pet alone is ridiculously good, not to mention focused higher level pets, nukes, DS.
And malaise line!
Old 01-28-2020, 03:48 PM
Banned

sure mages can farm a broken frenzy room, BREAK INTO IT? diff story. proof plz
Old 01-28-2020, 03:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And malaise line!
True, never understood why mages get it, but it is definitely sweet.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 01-28-2020, 04:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaezed-Reality [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sure mages can farm a broken frenzy room, BREAK INTO IT? diff story. proof plz
Would depend on what spawns were up, some are green at 50. Would likely still require binding near sent and suiciding a few times.

As a necro I envy mages their ability to do much greater dps in a group. I pretty much send in pet, dmf, give hp to whoever needs and lifetap it back.

I once counted the dmg from the proc swords in a dino fight. IIRC, it was something like 400dmg on a 15k hp mob. Not insignificant, but also not a game-changer.