Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 05:08 PM
Aviak

Default Divinity vs the Rotation

OK, Rhalous, my raidleader for Divinity posted this in the long thread about Divinity wanting in the rotation but since that thread has gotten so off topic I think it deserves a new thread. We want to try to go at this diplomatically and I am willing to meet with and talk to the leaders from Trans and IB about this anytime. I have a guild full of people ready and able to move ahead in the game and I believe having the threat of a 14 day ban if we try to force our way into the rotation is a bit unfair.. but we are willing to try to work around the outdated rotation issue this way before deciding the 14 ban might be worth it to have a chance to do more then ride the kiddie rides.

~Day

Rhalous's post:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1469

This is the post by Wenai on 12/15/09. It details the raid rotation. I think there has been mutual respect by Div to both IB and Trans, and would like to propose a solution to our problem.
Give Divinity a shot at Naggy. We can work out the rotation of the boss mobs, but it is important that we show everyone that we can kill these bosses in order of difficulty. I am all for us getting thrown right into the middle of the rotation, but if you want proof we can take these targets, then I will give you proof. When I have 36 ppl show up to clear PoF trash, I think it shows that my people are hungry for content.
I can add more or discuss this ingame, but I am too busy to play for most of the day today. Feel free to PM if you like, or I will try to contact your raid leaders when I can pop ingame.
All I ask for is a fair solution.
Daydrem - 50 Druid - Guildleader of Divinity
Old 01-30-2010, 05:57 PM
Sarnak

I have to admit just killing naggy and giving the server the finger and saying fuck it 14 day ban us would be pretty bad ass!
Old 01-30-2010, 06:07 PM
Sarnak

Hells yeah my lvl 12 bard will join you on the 14day ban if needed! the rotation is utter bullshit I respect you guys alot for this and you guys deserve raiding as much as the rest of us.. The rotation is a stupid thing it should be first come first serve that way there is no worrys about bans if you kill a raid target.. btw ROTATION IS NOT CLASSIC ... i rest my case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
lal yellow finally with a worthwhile zing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinamur1999

Did this need to be brought to the forums? no probably not, but now I know that faline is super dramatastic and that yellow is STILL the fuckin man
Old 01-30-2010, 07:04 PM
Aviak

Who is in charge of maintaining the rotation, the guilds themselves or the GMs?
Either way, whomever is in charge has neglected their responsibilities if you still haven't straitened this out.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:12 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hells yeah my lvl 12 bard will join you on the 14day ban if needed! the rotation is utter bullshit I respect you guys alot for this and you guys deserve raiding as much as the rest of us.. The rotation is a stupid thing it should be first come first serve that way there is no worrys about bans if you kill a raid target.. btw ROTATION IS NOT CLASSIC ... i rest my case.
Watch out orange. The nay-sayers will soon call you childish, greedy, ignorant, etc.

History tends to repeat it's self....
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1488
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1470

And many alternatives have been suggested, that were consistantly shot down...
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1580
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1500

Although, with Divinity's help we may be able to finally get someone to listen to us. Maybe we need a PR position in our guild or something... lol
Old 01-30-2010, 07:17 PM
Sarnak

this is fine. the rotation is a bad idea in general and i have every right to say it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The game was not meant to have a rotation in it it was meant to be if you got to the target first its yours... plain and simple.

Also thanks for linking those post... the top one Otto makes one hell of an arguement and speaks the truth ( i dont know about the guild drama i wasnt here when that happened nor do i care)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
lal yellow finally with a worthwhile zing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinamur1999

Did this need to be brought to the forums? no probably not, but now I know that faline is super dramatastic and that yellow is STILL the fuckin man
Last edited by Yellow; 01-30-2010 at 07:23 PM..
Old 01-30-2010, 08:15 PM
Sarnak

hey how about we have a competition to see who deserves the mobs

ok we race mobs when they spawn, whoever mobilizes and kills the mob first wins!

oh wait
Old 01-30-2010, 08:53 PM
Kobold

This rotation bullshit is completly retarded. Whats gonna happen when 5+ guilds are able to raid? You gonna allow a guild 1 shot at Nagefan/Vox every 5 weeks? Seriously?

Why does a guild have to "prove" they can kill a mob before they get on this stupid rotation? How do they ever practice killing a raid target if they cant get any attempts in because this rotation says they cant. Divinity has been trying to get their name on the rotation for awhile now and its pretty damn stupid that they cant attempt a raid target because their guild name isnt on the list.

Do away with it. Let the guilds fight for the mobs and may the best guild win.

I say Divinity go ahead and go kill Nagefan, take the ban if the devs really want to but if they ban you for it they may lose some players because of it.

Im not an alt, names Jinsho from Paradigm.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NOT ON TOPIC
Stop shitting up this post too, christ =p. This is not the place to discuss the flaws of the rotation.

Do not discuss forcing your way into the rotation at risk of 14-day ban, because that's not how it's going to happen. If you read wenai's post, it says that it will be dealt with if/when another guild is ready to enter the rotation.

Divinity is not at risk of being left out; Ib and trans are supportive and, though I can't surely speak for the GMs, I'm sure, given the history of the server, would love to oblige. The issue comes down to working something out with them (as well as Otto and Allizia), as this is a GM enforced rotation.

If dealings with the GMs are not as cut and dry as I assume, then working with the guildleaders is in order. I have no authority so I won't propose anything, but you guys work that out.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:51 PM
Kobold

They have tried communicating. Obviously its not working. Some of had they have to proove they are able to kill the mobs. How do they proove it if they cant even get an attempt in? And what if they wipe the first time? Thats it they are out???

Rotations work on mobs or zones that only 2-3 guilds are fighting. Once more guilds join the frey on a week long respawn mob things are going to get ugly. No one wants to wait a month or more to get 1 shot at a mob.
Closed Thread