Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 12-22-2022, 10:34 AM
Banned

I don't like the fact that Russia invaded Ukraine.

And I agree that appeasing a violent retard is no way to achieve peace.

But I'm just tired of us being the World Police™.

We don't even benefit from our hegemony.

No one respects us, and who can blame them?

You think Ukrainians will like us in the future? Doubt it. They'll still call us "lazy fat retarded Americans".

Same with Western Europeans.

The US pseudo-empire only benefits those in power.

"BUT YOU CAN BUY A SHIRT FOR $1 AT WALMART!!"

Yeah, because child slavery. Plus, who fuckin cares.

We sold our souls to China and they've become our drug dealer.

Consumerist slaves with no purpose. No wonder why this country is fucked in the head.

Ukrainian politicians are just funneling trillions from the US, a fraction actually makes it to their military, and even if they win they'll still hate us.

No one cares because the US dollar is monopoly money anyway. Print a gazillion dollars lol no one cares. It's meaningless.

Meanwhile China is cozying up to the Saudis to supplant Petro dollar.

When that happens, we're fucked. We'll all be living in cardboard tents eating rats that we hunt in the sewers.

But that will give us an opportunity at renewal.

Like a heroin addict hitting rock bottom.
Old 12-22-2022, 10:35 AM
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only a week ban this time.

Apparently pedo accusations are frowned upon...sorry, thought this was America meme.jpg

Yeah, you can still read things (if you go incognito). Didn't bother though. I get no satisfaction unless I can actively russle jimmies.
just say dude don't be a creep man [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-22-2022, 10:36 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it did feel like propaganda
What specific lines felt like propaganda, and more importantly, why does this detract from the reason Zelensky visited the US in the first place? To me, it felt like an earnest, impassioned, well-put-together plea for more aid to repel a senseless and devastating invasion. It more than earned that standing ovation from Congress in my opinion.

This is a guy that's been leading a country through an existential nightmare for nearly a year. Maybe cut him some slack, yeah?
Old 12-22-2022, 10:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't like the fact that Russia invaded Ukraine.

And I agree that appeasing a violent retard is no way to achieve peace.

But I'm just tired of us being the World Police™.

We don't even benefit from our hegemony.

No one respects us, and who can blame them?

You think Ukrainians will like us in the future? Doubt it. They'll still call us "lazy fat retarded Americans".

Same with Western Europeans.

The US pseudo-empire only benefits those in power.

"BUT YOU CAN BUY A SHIRT FOR $1 AT WALMART!!"

Yeah, because child slavery. Plus, who fuckin cares.

We sold our souls to China and they've become our drug dealer.

Consumerist slaves with no purpose. No wonder why this country is fucked in the head.

Ukrainian politicians are just funneling trillions from the US, a fraction actually makes it to their military, and even if they win they'll still hate us.

No one cares because the US dollar is monopoly money anyway. Print a gazillion dollars lol no one cares. It's meaningless.

Meanwhile China is cozying up to the Saudis to supplant Petro dollar.

When that happens, we're fucked. We'll all be living in cardboard tents eating rats that we hunt in the sewers.

But that will give us an opportunity at renewal.

Like a heroin addict hitting rock bottom.
Trillions of dollars to Ukraine? USD is monopoly money? Yuan replacing USD?

Are you trolling, or do you actually believe all of this?
Old 12-22-2022, 10:55 AM
Banned

We are in debt to a collapsing economy (china) RIP them and us [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-22-2022, 10:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soothsayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trillions of dollars to Ukraine? USD is monopoly money? Yuan replacing USD?

Are you trolling, or do you actually believe all of this?
The "trillions" might be hyperbole, but still a shit load of money.

And yes, the USD is monopoly money. Easily.

And yes, China and Saudi Arabia just met about the Petro Yuan like a week ago: https://www.reuters.com/world/saudi-...es-2022-12-09/
Old 12-22-2022, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

I think Zelenskyy is bad ass and I don't mind us sending him aid in our proxy war with Russia. It's a decent test of our weapon and defense systems but it's not showing our hand with our latest and greatest technology. Ukraine is getting good systems but the enemy is not seeing our true capabilities.

China is also eyeing this carefully. They have their sights set on Taiwan and if this Putin war goes poorly for Ukraine it may embolden them. There's a lot more at stake on the geopolitical stage than just poor ol' Ukraine.

Plus the defense contractor shareholders are loving the increased defense spending.

Make no mistake, this is a show war between U.S. and Russia with Ukraine as the fodder.
Old 12-22-2022, 11:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a lot more at stake on the geopolitical stage than just poor ol' Ukraine.
That's the gist of it. By supporting Ukraine in breaking the back of the Russian military, we prevent other geopolitical foes that have cozied up to Russia, such as China and Iran, from becoming more emboldened. If anything, this war has dramatically strengthened NATO ties and has reinforced the overarching idea that the democratic world is worth protecting. The amount we're spending to help Ukraine is a paltry, paltry sum compared to the incalculable impact of a world where authoritarians have free reign.
Old 12-22-2022, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

>It is 1971. The USSR General Secretary comes to Congress demanding tribute and arms.

>Command?
Old 12-22-2022, 12:20 PM
Banned

nuke thyself

for theee are unworthy