Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 06:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaweedpimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol yeah no shit.

7 month old petition thread on the most valuable necro item in the game ( did i mention it was server second? Pretty sure i did) And you guys say theres hundreds of reimbursement threads a day?

Dont get me wrong, at this point its understood i wont be recieving my item back. Just wanted to make it known that petitions arent gonna be answered any time soon.
omg no <3 for Encyclopedia?
Old 05-25-2012, 06:19 PM
Banned

You cant possibly think that encyclopedia is more OP than a clicky splurt/leach staff.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:57 PM
Kobold

Apparently with reimbursments its not just a GM that needs to help, but they need to have a server admin check the logs for your items too.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:17 PM
Fire Giant

I guided when we were peaking at 600~1000, and these are not the same people. 40 people log off, 50 new ones log in, blahblahblah. It's a constant stream of people coming and going. If in-game petitions didn't get answered for 3 or more hours, I'd log in to 30+ petitions (and this was a very consistent thing). Imagine having a period of months when there are no guides high enough to answer the forum petitions (on top of in-game petitions). This happened multiple times when I was around -- Cyrius leaving, Uthgaard taking breaks, Uthgaard focusing on coding rather than petitions, Myself having to do both in-game petitions and on-forum petitions, Me leaving, Uthgaard leaving, Rogean having to take over on top of everything else until another guide was brought in....The fucking forum petitions look like a god damn warzone :/

The forum petitions were used slightly less than in-game, but we'd generally see 80 or 100 new posts (not limited to reimbursement petitions) a day. Span that over weeks / months and you have what we have now -- incredibly backlogged reimbursements.

Now, most of these reimbursement threads are "trade bug, I lost 50 plat and a orc hide, please halp" or other incredibly minuscule requests. Others are reimbursement requests that are 100% user error and they don't tell us the truth (thus wasting our time in flipping through trade-logs (which, btw, utilizes the item number rather than the item name, making us look up every single item multiple times to figure out which is which) only to say no).

Another issue is the lack of information we are given. No date or time when something happened, yet they expect us to search through literally millions of lines of logs and find the 1 instance where it happened...

So yes, I may of been exaggerating how many REIMBURSEMENT petitions are filed, but even so -- the 30 or so a day (maybe slightly less due to lower numbers now-a-days) requires an incredibly large amount of effort to even begin to fully figure out. It's not a simple process such as "oh looky there *click* now let's give it back, *click click*".

Every request has to be verified and recorded before we can give an item back... If we can't verify it, we can't give it back.

------------------------

Now, this was all months and months ago. Hell, it may of been close to a year by now since the last time I logged in... Things have probably changed, but it doesn't negate the fact that there are literally thousands of 'reimbursement' posts.

Created by Uuur//Ihealyou -- Mad props!
Closed Thread