Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 10:22 PM
Large Bat

Default Kelin's Lucid Lullaby

Just started playing again, and loving it. Playing Bard again, just like a decade ago when Kunark was new. A favorite memory was grouping near sarnak fort (ledge?) in LOIO I think.

I remember Kelin's Lucid Lullaby mezzing atleast 4 mobs, and I could have sworn it needed wind or string.

I played till just before Gates of Discord. I remember Lullaby always getting resisted at level 40+ or so. That didn't stop me from using CC to the fullest. Later Seblis CC'ing in groups was a blast.

I guess it's single target now? I'd like to see this song as it was on classic-live, but make it require a real commitment into charisma.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:02 AM
Fire Giant

It's AE mez. I used it a lot at lower levels:

http://wiki.project1999.org/Bard
Old 08-14-2013, 08:05 PM
Sarnak

bard aoe mez early on on this server was fkn badass, it had almost no resists. I remember stopping a 30+ mob train at the ent of kc with it and killing the whole thing with my group (thx to gm buffs from uthgaard also lawl (he was buffing the whole zone like that, no i didnt pay him)) but now it gets resisted so much its just likely to get you killed from my experience. If youre decent at playing a bard you should be able to lock down 4 mobs with single target mez without breaks np, which is usually more than enough for a regular group.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:23 PM
Banned

Kelins was never supposed to land on mobs past level 20 or so, and as stated previously it used to be insanely imbalanced on this server. Bards were able to mez massive aoe kites in Skyfire, or Hate - it also allowed guilds to train mobs such as CT/VS and just mez the entire zone while it was killed.

It probably isn't working how it was intended to on live because I get resists trying to PL noobs at orc 1 with it, but meh I'd take its current state versus being able to lock down an entire zone =P
Old 08-22-2013, 05:17 AM
Large Bat

Default Thanks for the replies; good memories with this song

From eqdiva, Waaaaay back in the day..
http://web.archive.org/web/200210280...gs.asp?song=17

It seems that this song, along with 'summon drink' on bard singing steel armor, proves that the Bard class circa 2001-2002 was a work in progress.

Still, it's the magic of "working as never intended" that defines a Bard.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:26 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
but now it gets resisted so much its just likely to get you killed from my experience.
At level 17 it can still keep large numbers pretty much permanently mezzed. Even works ok on reds. Will it start getting resisted at higher levels? And when?
Old 09-17-2013, 04:05 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sov9 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From eqdiva, Waaaaay back in the day..
http://web.archive.org/web/200210280...gs.asp?song=17

It seems that this song, along with 'summon drink' on bard singing steel armor, proves that the Bard class circa 2001-2002 was a work in progress.

Still, it's the magic of "working as never intended" that defines a Bard.
holy crap!!!! thank you for the EQ Diva link
Closed Thread