Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2020, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I <3 cool tricks too ... but tell me, what exactly is the "cool trick" to knowing that an item was removed for being too powerful over 20 years ago.
All of the things I listed, are things that were eventually nerfed, because they were broken, and game breaking.

All of them are enjoyable features that make up the universe of everquest, you cant change that they existed and therefore they are a part of everquest.

Think of it like, advanced cani dancing. I bet you worked really hard at that? I bet you were prety proud of yourself when you figured it out and got good at it? And guess what, there is no difference in that and what you're shaming here.

Everything on my list, obtaining those items, figuring out how to use them correctly, is 100% exactly as you put it:

Quote:
getting better at jumping in everquest.
Figuring out how to speed up your mana-regen as a druid with an item, that very few people are comfortable using let alone understand, on this server 10 years later, is 100%, getting better at jumping in this game.

Quote:
, and then clicking a box and not playing EverQuest for days straight to get it? There's none: it's the Konami code, something anyone can do, with zero cleverness, to make the game easier.
You didnt know about this, you would have never ever ever known about this, until this thread.

Some of us spend literally months reading old user group message boards and crap to figure this crap out and its quite rewarding and fun!

What isnt rewarding is going to dublew doublew doublew dot name of mob dot com to find out where and when they spawn.

You're like crapping on the many bothan spies who died to bring the rebels info about the deathstar, because you just heard the info and are leaning over to the guy next to you and saying "wtf they die getting that info for? Those idiots lol! Everyone in this room knows about it, they didn't need to die to get it."

edit: I am also trying to humourly amp up my disgust I dont really care that much loramin, but be nice the bothans died for us. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 05-29-2020 at 06:27 PM..
Old 05-29-2020, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, all the things you listed were "accidental features": they weren't intended, but the devs did decide, intentionally, to keep them in the game. The mana orb was a mistake, and Verant intentionally removed it before the game had even been out a year.

I <3 cool tricks too ... but tell me, what exactly is the "cool trick" to knowing that an item was removed for being too powerful over 20 years ago, and then clicking a box and not playing EverQuest for days straight to get it? There's none: it's the Konami code, something anyone can do, with zero cleverness, to make the game easier.

Yes, EQ is all about the clever use of things in unintended ways, and Castle's recharging trick was clever ... but the item itself literally required the opposite of cleverness to obtain: to click all those AFK checks to obtain it you had to turn your brain off for days at a time, instead of using it to play [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

P.S. And to be clear, I don't in any way begrudge Castle or anyone else their orb! I legit wish I'd turned my brain off and gotten one instead of waiting a week and having Teal merge! But even if I had one, and I used the hell out of it ... which I would ... it'd still be (like the Konami code) an easier way to play that doesn't require cleverness.
If clerics didn't have complete heal,I'm pretty sure manastone would have never been nerfed/removed as a drop. But these are the same fucking morons who gave torpor to a class that already had a built in manastone in their class kit, so who really knows. Their nerfs/changes were always schizophrenic once they started reflexively nerfing shit due to people crying on the forums, 99% of which had no fucking idea what they were talking about. They nerfed necromancers every patch for a year or more and buffed enchanters at last every other patch, that's why today we still have people who are confused why enchanters seem to be "overpowered" on p99.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

The fact that 90% of the playerbase still thinks the manastone isnt worth it after kunark is just a prime example of how there is still a lot of skill to be uncovered by a lot of players.

knowing tricks, figuring out how to do them well, mannnnnn if you're not doing that then I hope you also refused to cani dance!
Old 05-29-2020, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If clerics didn't have complete heal,I'm pretty sure manastone would have never been nerfed/removed as a drop. But these are the same fucking morons who gave torpor to a class that already had a built in manastone in their class kit, so who really knows. Their nerfs/changes were always schizophrenic once they started reflexively nerfing shit due to people crying on the forums, 99% of which had no fucking idea what they were talking about. They nerfed necromancers every patch for a year or more and buffed enchanters at last every other patch, that's why today we still have people who are confused why enchanters seem to be "overpowered" on p99.
Look, let's not go crazy here: I'm not in anyway saying Verant devs were perfect! To the contrary, they made tons of poor decisions.

Literally all I'm saying here is that clicking a box not playing EverQuest for days at a time is not, in any way cleverness: it's the exact opposite. Using an item removed from the game (even by those flawed devs) for being powerful is not clever: it's doing the most obvious thing you can possibly do!

Again: I personally would have done that thing! I'm not judging people for having or using manastones! All I'm saying is that, their use is not clever, and when someone finds a tangential "non-cheat" technique (like recharging that ring) which is clever ... that cleverness is tainted by it's reliance on "cheat mode".

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

I've performed little life hacks in this game like using the manastone on the right classes at the right time, that I have thought were perfected to min max mastery, then Ill see someone else do the same thing 20% faster and be like, holy crap I wouldnt have even dreamed of using my item with another item like that holy crap I must try this!!!!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

How do you not get that out of castles video lmao I just dont get it. Its like being a norrathian luddite lmao

I guess in that sense, thank you for making up the farmers of the karanas, Loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit: And like the farmers IRL you will cheat your way to 60 with cani dance, but then call others cheater when they do the same thing with items you dont have lol!

See everquest is real life simmulator.

Learn how to flip houses kids!
Last edited by Jibartik; 05-29-2020 at 06:38 PM..
Old 05-29-2020, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've performed little life hacks in this game like using the manastone on the right classes at the right time, that I have thought were perfected to min max mastery, then Ill see someone else do the same thing 20% faster and be like, holy crap I wouldnt have even dreamed of using my item with another item like that holy crap I must try this!!!!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

How do you not get that out of castles video lmao I just dont get it. Its like being a norrathian luddite lmao

I guess in that sense, thank you for making up the farmers of the karanas, Loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honest question: when someone does something cool in Contra with the three starting lives, are you more or less impressed vs. when they do it with Konami code? When someone on P99 get their items from someone else (RMT or twinked by a friend) instead of earning them, are you more or less impressed vs. when they earn them?

When someone does something else that involves not playing EverQuest, but makes playing Everquest easier ... something the game's makers removed because it made it too easy ... are you more or less impressed vs. when someone does something clever by actually playing the game?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-29-2020 at 06:41 PM..
Old 05-29-2020, 06:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Honest question: when someone does something cool in Contra with the three starting lives, are you more or less impressed vs. when they do it with Konami code? When someone on P99 get their items from someone else (RMT or twinked by a friend) instead of earning them, are you more or less impressed vs. when they earn them?

When someone does something else that involves not playing EverQuest, but makes playing Everquest easier ... something the game's makers removed because it made it too easy ... are you more or less impressed vs. when someone does something clever by actually playing the game?
I seriously think you should try to obtain a manastone so you might be able to understand why you are so increidbly wrong comparing it to a cheat code in contra.

I mean I dont want to sound harsh but you didnt even know what a sarnak battle shield is, seriously question, do you really think you have a right to be so convinced that your right about this? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit: I just get mad at you loramin because your main argument is "their use is not clever"

Yes it is, it is super clever, you would never ever eeeeeeeeeeeever have figured the OPs trick out if you played this game for 80 years. Ive worked my ass off to min max that stone and I never thought of this!

I bet you'd hold it and be like, "I dont get it, this isnt that much faster at all." Ive seen people use these things for years like complete idiots. I was like that for a looong time too until someone manapilled me and blew my mind deep in a guk dungeon once long ago.

Figuring out how to use the manastone, especially after it gets nerfed, is an amazing feat and its something that you just should try to learn about and understand..

because it's magic and magic is cool.
Last edited by Jibartik; 05-29-2020 at 07:02 PM..
Old 05-29-2020, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Edit: I just get mad at you loramin because your main argument is "their use is not clever"
Look, it literally doesn't matter what I write, because you don't read it. I've said multiple times in this thread that the ring recharge was clever. Less clever because it requires a cheat, but still clever.

I don't know how many more times I have to say it to get through to you, but I'm not going to waste my "breath" trying to find out. Meanwhile, when I ask you direct questions (eg. is RMT less impressive than not RMT?), you ignore them and attack me personally.

Keep arguing with the voices in your head, but I'm here for conversations with people, so I'm out.

Last edited by loramin; 05-29-2020 at 07:08 PM..
Old 05-29-2020, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Look, it literally doesn't matter what I write, because you don't read it. I've said multiple times in this thread that the ring recharge was clever. Less clever because it requires a cheat, but still clever.
Quote:
Honest question: when someone does something cool in Contra with the three starting lives, are you more or less impressed vs. when they do it with Konami code?
You're comparing the manastone use as a blanket to using a cheat code, then asking me if it's less cool because someone uses one in contra?

Im sorry if I cant read your backflips here, I know you said the ring uses was clever, but you're saying here flat out the manastone is a cheat, and im telling you

to use it to gain any amount of mana over just sitting there and meditating, requires that you are clever.

But you just say that using it and clicking it is cheating. Which is 100% wrong.

So dont get upset with me man, you're the one not reading my posts mr accuser pants.
Last edited by Jibartik; 05-29-2020 at 07:15 PM..
Old 05-29-2020, 07:19 PM
Planar Protector

Heres an answer to your honest question, that I find so loaded that it's not honest at all... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If the cool thing they are showing me is

1. beating the game without dying
2. speed running the game
3. playing the game

I do not care if they ahve 24 lives

if they are showing me they can beat the game in under 3 lives, but died 23 times, then NO obviously I wont be impressed.

If someone is showing me everquest and is like

Hey check me out Im a wizard combing my manastone to kill shot the mob when the tank is at 1%!
Im a cleric geting runed by an enchanter during a tough battle
My druid binds and ports out during an epic pull to reup and gates in for the clutch final heals

Then f@#%k yeah I will be impressed if they tell me they do any of that with a "cheat code"!

I just dont see how dying to all of those things is better everquest because you didnt have a manastone + the brains to use it and the quick thinking to pull it out at the right time. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 05-29-2020 at 07:31 PM..
Closed Thread