Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 10-23-2023, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

If this is a real scenario and the looter got banned that is completely 100% absurd. Someone would've never been banned for that back on live during the classic era.

If you log out to log over to another char and the loot lockout expires, that's a free for all corpse. That's the whole POINT of the corpse lock timer in the first place...to give the person who killed it a period of time to loot it otherwise it's free to be looted.

In a way, this is also against the spirit of EQ which is collaboration between players. If you want to guarantee looting on a certain char you should have to find someone else to come help you kill it while you play that char.
Old 10-23-2023, 08:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you log out to log over to another char and the loot lockout expires, that's a free for all corpse. That's the whole POINT of the corpse lock timer in the first place...to give the person who killed it a period of time to loot it otherwise it's free to be looted.
Go to ToV and loot something off a corpse that someone is running their alt to, see how that goes for you
Old 10-24-2023, 08:02 AM
Planar Protector

ITT cd288 doesn't know the server rules, continues to be very opinionated about them.
Old 10-24-2023, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you see the situation from the other side of the perspective enj?

You are right that the rules as stated don't give the other player any loot rights compared with who got the kill.

Are you telling me though as a young scrub you never came across a corpse with seeming nobody around and were like hmmm. It's a learning lesson for OP. Unless they changed the rules from years back, shouldn't be a full ban. Wielding the ban hammer indiscriminately on a server with a population that has been shrinking may have deleterious long term effects on server popularity.
I mean I've had ppl in pom ninja loot my cards while I swap toons. Luckily they were the only other person in zone so it was obvious who took it.

In my situation, how's that fair to me that someone can just walk up to my mobs corpse while I'm swapping, see no one around, take my item, then gate out leaving me with nothing.
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 10-24-2023, 02:12 PM
Kobold

Since most of these conversations rely on opinion and not fact I'm going to start by posting the actual rule regarding this as it is written. Everything else is open to interpretation.

4. You may not Ninja Loot.
Ninja looting defined is when a player, disregarding the players or player who killed a mob, loots an item that is generally regarded as significant or valuable from the mob they did not kill. This is strictly prohibited and will result in removal of the item(s) and any appropriate disciplinary action.

As written, like most rules, its vague and requires a bit of judgement to determine the appropriate course of action.

My viewpoints on the topic are as follows:

A lot of content is looked at as raid content or non-raid content. AKA can a group of people kill the mob or does it take multiple groups and coordination to kill.

Non-Raid Content
There is a 2 minute timer (minimum) that locks the corpse. Anyone that killed the mob is fully capable of looting the corpse in 2 minutes or less. Beyond that the corpse is open for anyone to loot. You should have no issues looting a corpse at that point, especially if nobody is around. If there is someone standing right on top of the corpse or nearby its good etiquette to ask first and if they are clearly on top of the mob trying to loot it then just back off.

For those of you talking about switching toons, if it takes you more than 2 minutes and someone loots the corpse well it sucks to suck, it takes 30 seconds or less to switch toons I've never had a corpse unlocked by the time I get back to it on the other toon, not once, never. If I walk up on an open corpse with nobody around I'm looting it 100% of the time.

Raid Content
100% of the time you loot a raid mob that you didn't kill it will be an issue, unless you receive permission first. These mobs inherently require more than one group therefore the loot typically CANNOT be properly looted off the corpse until the timer expires and the rightful winner of the loot, who likely didn't get the exp and had to wait out the timer, can actually loot it.

Also keep in mind, what happened is only the start. If someone petitions and a GM/CSR gets involved always be truthful and honest. If you did something you think was right and the CSR determines a different outcome the more than likely they just move the loot and thats the end of it. If you are dishonest or un-cooperative you are taking the future of your account out of your own hands. Its typically the extra curriculurs that get people banned, not a single error in judgement. Especially when the rules you're goverened by are written so vaguely.
Old 10-24-2023, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go to ToV and loot something off a corpse that someone is running their alt to, see how that goes for you
Obviously there's a very limited exception here for raid targets. That's a totally different world and you know that's not really what I'm referring to. Those corpses are basically loot-locked by a member of the guild anyway, so totally inapplicable.

If someone loots like an FBSS for example that really shouldn't be bannable.
Old 10-24-2023, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ITT cd288 doesn't know the server rules, continues to be very opinionated about them.
I know the server rules. I said that specific rule was absurd
Old 10-24-2023, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

Hope Warpath gets banned for ninjalooting

Wrote a text wall just to say he ignores server rules
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 10-24-2023, 03:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hope Warpath gets banned for ninjalooting

Wrote a text wall just to say he ignores server rules
I hope you get admitted to a school that can help you learn how to read. I literally quoted the exact rule and gave multiple examples of how to follow it.
Old 10-24-2023, 03:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean I've had ppl in pom ninja loot my cards while I swap toons. Luckily they were the only other person in zone so it was obvious who took it.

In my situation, how's that fair to me that someone can just walk up to my mobs corpse while I'm swapping, see no one around, take my item, then gate out leaving me with nothing.
My bad didn't realize you were the noob that got your stuff looted in pom, now I understand why you took issue with my post about how to follow the rules.

Maybe we need a new thread called how to loot a corpse. I'm sorry but if its sitting there for 5 minutes there is nothing ninja about it, its just called looting at that point.