Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 12-03-2023, 09:17 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

LOL yeah, as if Project Quarm has nothing to do with cutting the pop. here by less than half. Seen the famous EQ streamers lately?? most if not all are on Quarm. Just look for it on YouTube and Twitch.
Old 12-06-2023, 04:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grouping is not dead. Lean to /who all lfg in your level range and check the hot zones.

/Bad thread
Dude you are hitting that copium hard...Grouping is and has been dead for a long time. Having to stick to the main route just for a chance of finding a group is a glaring sign of a top heavy server in desperate need of a reset. Blue and Green are virtually indistinguishable now with nothing but max levels and a scattering of gigatwinks throughout the main routes......or maybe my standards have simply been recalibrated by quarm which has multiple groups fighting over camps with 80+ in legacy zones, 50+ people in every single ZEM zone and 20 in the non ZEM zones.
Old 12-07-2023, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Kind of depends on how you approach things. On both Blue and Green if you're just sitting LFG and typing that in OOC, grouping can definitely feel dead (outside of certain select times like prime time on weekends). If you join a guild and/or send tells to random people within your level range I find you can get PUGs going fairly often. Just the other day me and a guildy got 4 random people to come do a crawl through the Hole to the docks with us...and once we were posted up there with a COTH mage we were able to replace departures with other random players easily. Just gotta be a little proactive sometimes.

Also, sticking to the main route has always been a thing on both green and blue. Outside of the early launch days of green when population was insane and you had lower level groups spilling into random camps/zones, the usual highway has always been the route (I can count on one hand the amount of times I had a full pug in the 40s that wasn't in City of Mist on Green for example).
Old 12-09-2023, 05:25 PM
Aviak

This is everquest grouping is never dead. It might not be as great as you remember though.
Old 12-10-2023, 10:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
strong reading comprehension, fortior
I haven't had this issue, I even had people group with me in kaesora of all places. Maybe you need to be nicer, more social, a more attractive person
Old 12-10-2023, 10:12 PM
Fire Giant

One thing that's definitely true though is that we're all old so you need to schedule things with people, or @ them on discord (the p99 main one or guild ones) to make them log in

It's not quarm but overcrowding sucks ass too, I spent enough time fighting over single goblin spawns at green launch
Old 12-11-2023, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragontx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL yeah, as if Project Quarm has nothing to do with cutting the pop. here by less than half. Seen the famous EQ streamers lately?? most if not all are on Quarm. Just look for it on YouTube and Twitch.
Where do you see this backed up in data? The emulated server population tracker shows the population of both Blue and Green holding pretty steady. I think Blue maybe lost 100-200 people out of like a 1,150 avg population.
Old 12-11-2023, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Oh no not the famous streamers!
Old 12-11-2023, 09:09 PM
Planar Protector

Is there even 1 famous eq streamer
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 12-11-2023, 09:33 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragontx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Project Quarm added instance raiding. Its basically just a TLP now. People will flock back to P99 once they realize the endgame instance content sucks without the difficulty and competition.