Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephirith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fuck your democracy (or consitutional republic).

1. Make citizenship (voting) a privilege earned either through 2 or more years military service or civil service (government work paid at a rate similar to enlisted military). Service guarantees citizenship, bitch. Would you like to know more?

2. Eliminate and reverse suburban sprawl through zoning and building codes. City infrastructure should be efficiently planned and decentralized to facilitate travel either by walking, bicycle, or short, uncongested car rides. The cost of gas siphons an inordinately high amount of disposable income from the average citizen, in addition to logistical effects (shipping). Most of this money is removed from our economy and goes overseas to OPEC.

3. Remove barriers to the further proliferation of nuclear energy. This is the most efficient power source known to mankind, and among the safest. Compare the remote, marginal risk of nuclear accidents to the certainty of damage to public health wrought by coal power. Tens of thousands of cases of lung cancer every year if you include coal mining. The more we use nuclear power the more we will understand and innovate the technology, and it will become even more efficient.

4. Strict population control. One-child or two-child policy for several generations. Forced abortions for violators. Think about how much better life would be if our country had 30 million people instead of 300 million. Each life means so much more-- organization is so much easier, and ~all~ resources would go 10x further.

5. Cut the fuck out of the military. This isn't the cold war, there is no monolithic superpower to challenge us. China is a fucking joke. Of the next 10 largest economies and largest militaries, most of them are our close allies-- and they simply choose to rely on the US military without funding one of their own.

Germany, one of the greatest martial states in human history, is our close ally and largely unarmed. Same with Japan. Counter-insurgency and counter-terrorism can be accomplished with lightweight, intelligent contingents of special forces with excellent logistics and equipment-- NOT an ineffective, expensive occupation. If we do need a huge conventional military again, it is not difficult to re-arm and re-mobilize in a pinch. Huge standing armies and military-industrial complex are a fairly recent development (ww2) for us, and a massive economic burden. This money needs to be going to education and infrastructure.

That's my 5-point plan, lick my ballsack.
I'd vote for you, although I'm not too worked up about #4--most Western countries already have natality below replacement levels. There are demographic impacts to an aging population that will become more obvious as the boomers all retire.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:28 PM
Sarnak

new study oct 14, 2012

proves global warming = hoax

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...DDavid%2BRose0

its not easy being right all the time

takes its toll on u

In your unfailing love, silence my enemies; destroy all my foes, for I am your servant.
Blessed be the LORD my strength, who teaches my hands for war, and my fingers to fight.
(Psalms 143:12-144:1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
To be fair he is making $$, which I can't fault him for. If cheating gets you real money, go for it. Real money > pixels.
[10:53] <@Amelinda> he grabbed my ass and then i broke his nose.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:28 PM
Sarnak

Bipartisan system is tearing this country apart and very obviously gets little done, as presented by the bickering here.

/thread
Old 10-23-2012, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I'm done with you. The everyone else is stupid approach to discussion has gotten really boring, especially when you ignore the question actually relevant to the current thread. Fuck off.
Good to see you couldn't hack it so you decided to cry like a baby and see slights that weren't there and just quit instead of refuting current BLS stat measurement techniques.

I answered your question by the way, I said we should use U6 and incorporate longer term discouraged workers and that the decision to stop using that measurement in 1994 was politically motivated. Sorry you chose to ignore that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenjitsuRZ View Post
Multiplication is used at all levels.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm afraid I don't get your point. Do you want to use U6? Do you want to use John Williams' comparisons when a much smaller percentage of women participated in the workforce? More to the point of this article, do you want to compare U3 numbers under Bush with SGS numbers under Obama?
You've obviously got some random fucking ax that you want to grind with the BLS, but it has absolutely no bearing on the discussion. Looking at U3 versus U6 changes exactly nothing. Including SGS in your post just makes you into a weirdo crank who wants to compare things with a different era when women didn't work.

No one is afraid of your Seeking Alpha bullshit. You're just not interesting.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:50 PM
Kobold

"Some people regard private enterprise as a predatory tiger to be shot. Others look on it as a cow they can milk. Not enough people see it as a healthy horse, pulling a steady wagon."
Old 10-23-2012, 05:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol 8% UE, such a massaged number.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hate mitt personally and with a passion, but this is 100% true. the 8% is obomber rhetoric at its finest.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephirith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fuck your democracy (or consitutional republic).

1. Make citizenship (voting) a privilege earned either through 2 or more years military service or civil service (government work paid at a rate similar to enlisted military). Service guarantees citizenship, bitch. Would you like to know more?

2. Eliminate and reverse suburban sprawl through zoning and building codes. City infrastructure should be efficiently planned and decentralized to facilitate travel either by walking, bicycle, or short, uncongested car rides. The cost of gas siphons an inordinately high amount of disposable income from the average citizen, in addition to logistical effects (shipping). Most of this money is removed from our economy and goes overseas to OPEC.

3. Remove barriers to the further proliferation of nuclear energy. This is the most efficient power source known to mankind, and among the safest. Compare the remote, marginal risk of nuclear accidents to the certainty of damage to public health wrought by coal power. Tens of thousands of cases of lung cancer every year if you include coal mining. The more we use nuclear power the more we will understand and innovate the technology, and it will become even more efficient.

4. Strict population control. One-child or two-child policy for several generations. Forced abortions for violators. Think about how much better life would be if our country had 30 million people instead of 300 million. Each life means so much more-- organization is so much easier, and ~all~ resources would go 10x further.

5. Cut the fuck out of the military. This isn't the cold war, there is no monolithic superpower to challenge us. China is a fucking joke. Of the next 10 largest economies and largest militaries, most of them are our close allies-- and they simply choose to rely on the US military without funding one of their own.

Germany, one of the greatest martial states in human history, is our close ally and largely unarmed. Same with Japan. Counter-insurgency and counter-terrorism can be accomplished with lightweight, intelligent contingents of special forces with excellent logistics and equipment-- NOT an ineffective, expensive occupation. If we do need a huge conventional military again, it is not difficult to re-arm and re-mobilize in a pinch. Huge standing armies and military-industrial complex are a fairly recent development (ww2) for us, and a massive economic burden. This money needs to be going to education and infrastructure.

That's my 5-point plan, lick my ballsack.
So, fascism, basically?
Old 10-23-2012, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
new study oct 14, 2012

proves global warming = hoax

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...DDavid%2BRose0

its not easy being right all the time

takes its toll on u
Wrong again.

http://tamino.wordpress.com/2012/10/...mell-so-sweet/
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hold on let me quote a blog.