Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 03:41 PM
Aviak

Default The Ever Elusive Pyzjn

Alright, I've done many nights since this patch and still see no Pyzjn. This spawn is totally, completely, UNLIKE classic. If it is working it is not to anyone previous knowledge that they had in classic.

Please fix this.

On classic it was a pain to get a GBS, but at least you saw the stupid gnome.

Ever since this server has been out I cannot spawn her at all. This totally contradicts my classic experience as I saw Pyzjn all the time (actually getting the GBS was another matter).

Please make this spawn. I actually put it in my Christmas letter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Dartagnan; 12-18-2009 at 03:43 PM..
Old 12-18-2009, 04:06 PM
Kobold

Send a message via ICQ to vageta31 Send a message via AIM to vageta31 Send a message via Yahoo to vageta31

I don't think many, if any of the rare spawns in open areas work as they did in live due to the script being unknown and/or limited with the eqemu code. Personally I kind of like them being different as it requires people to figure it out instead of just knowing it and camping it instantly. Ie; in true classic Martar Icebear was NOT Karg's PH. Karg was simply on a long timer and you had to be out there and hope he popped or try to time it.

Now is Pyjin working as intended? Not sure I've only camped her once but has anyone considered she is working as intended, just not what WE thought? Instead of sitting at the undead ruins killing everything, maybe try plan b?
Old 12-18-2009, 04:51 PM
Aviak

Thank you for your post. I have tried multiple methods to get her spawned and have not stuck to just one way.

I've destroyed every poor mob in the area from the ruins to Hadden, to Blackburrow entrance. I've killed only roamers. I've killed only the dread corpses in the ruins. I've killed the center dread corpse.

Not one spawn of this gnome who spawned all the time during the night on live. I understand that this may not mimic live, but this is a complete overhaul and in my opinion doesn't make the GBS worth it.

It's either still broken or changed completely. Changed completely does not = "Project 1999" and goes against the intentions of this project imo.

I'd be more than happy to show any GM/Dev places where I know absolutely 100% sure where she spawned on live. I used to spend hours killing her on live so I can definitely help out if wanted. All you have to do is ask me.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:37 PM
Banned

Spent hours today basically killing everything in the top 50% of qhills + varsoon, no pyzjn. Spawn still bugged.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:56 AM
Skeleton

this is awful, pyzjn is sposed to start poppin if you have 3-4 dread corpses up at night and her ph is dead....ummm i can get 3 dread corpses but they have no effect... this used to happen RANDOMLY on classic a LOT and that is why pyzjn was up so often even when nobody was camping her... plus the phs also despawn when there is the night/day shift, but umm...varsoon the undying doesnt despawn during daytime so obv this doesnt work.
Last edited by dagarath; 12-21-2009 at 11:01 AM..
Old 12-21-2009, 11:08 AM
Banned

Dread corpses had nothing to do with Pyzjn on live, she was simply a 9% chance to spawn with PHs (and could only spawn at night, of course). That kinda goes along with the necro in the tower AC rumors.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:56 PM
Aviak

I think this was posted elsewhere on these forums but I didnt find it after 15 seconds of searching(everyone already knows I am the king of suck when it comes to searching the forums for what I want).

This is from a dev on the sony forums regarding pyzjn's spawn:
ENCOUNTER_DESCRIPTION Q2QVarsoonPyzjnMISCmob
MONSTER_1_NAME a_mangy_rat
MONSTER_1_NIGHT_NAME Varsoon
MONSTER_1_PERCENT 3
MONSTER_2_NAME a_brown_bear
MONSTER_2_NIGHT_NAME a_decaying_skeleton
MONSTER_2_PERCENT 5
MONSTER_3_NAME a_grizzly_bear
MONSTER_3_NIGHT_NAME a_restless_skeleton
MONSTER_3_PERCENT 15
MONSTER_4_NAME a_large_field_rat
MONSTER_4_NIGHT_NAME a_putrid_skeleton
MONSTER_4_PERCENT 30
MONSTER_5_NAME a_fire_beetle
MONSTER_5_NIGHT_NAME Pyzjn
MONSTER_5_PERCENT 7
MONSTER_6_NAME a_gray_wolf
MONSTER_6_NIGHT_NAME a_skeleton
MONSTER_6_PERCENT 20
MONSTER_7_NAME a_giant_rat
MONSTER_7_NIGHT_NAME a_dread_corpse
MONSTER_7_PERCENT 20
*EDIT: Dev post can be found in this thread: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/po...opic_id=143508

I am pretty sure that night/day spawning and auto despawning is not properly working on eqemu/p1999 so the above spawn table would not work. Furthermore if it was implemented to work all day long then pyzjn would probably spawn too often.

However:
http://project1999.org/forums/showpo...84&postcount=9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzerion
Pyzjn, Quillmane, and Blige all have custom scripts that are in fact different than live. They are different because we dont have the live script. I realize that a dev supposedly posted the Pyzjn script once upon a time but as an experienced GBS camper the stats didnt add up for how it really was so we made our own. We may revisit and tweek them but they are as they are right now.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:10 PM
Aviak

This makes me super sad panda face.

I can help you guys out and let you know every Pyzjn spawn point I've seen before.

I know it's a script that is not like live, but absolutely nothing is spawning for people. We should have seen a spawn at least.
Old 12-25-2009, 02:13 AM
Aviak

seems to be more on a timer if it is in game yet.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

On a side note they they ever figure out what quest the GBS was a part of on live? Or is it one of the MANY unsolved EQ quests out there?
Closed Thread