Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 03:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The same role as any hybrid. You dont need a pally or sk in a group either, but they are still great classes to play.
I don't think the warrior/wizard hybrid would be the same thing as the sk or pally hybrid.

SK and Pally both trade some tanking ability for some utility (which in turn that utility actually helps tanking in some situations).

When you are in upper levels you don't need a level 16 wizard DPS spell, but a low level utility spell like snare, blind, heal, or stun can still be useful.

The efficiency would be so bad, especially with the amount of mana DPS spells take. Your warrior/wizard would hardly ever have med time and most of the time just be oom while tanking worse than a warrior.

If you wanted a warrior/wizard maybe you could have some self only casting spells that were procs for your weapon. The added procs could have some cool spell looking effects when they go off, and not force the warrior to actually be casting during fights. They wouldn't be the same spells as a wizard gets, but the procs could be similar to the low level wizard damage spells.

Really though a warrior that trades some tanking ability for more damage, is just a beserker.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you wanted a warrior/wizard maybe you could have some self only casting spells that were procs for your weapon. The added procs could have some cool spell looking effects when they go off, and not force the warrior to actually be casting during fights. They wouldn't be the same spells as a wizard gets, but the procs could be similar to the low level wizard damage spells.
MYSTIC KNIGHT

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-16-2010, 05:47 PM
Banned

Nerf Flare Blade it's OP
Old 09-16-2010, 06:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedbonker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paladin: Tanks like a cleric. Heals like a warrior.
Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedbonker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paladin: Tanks like a cleric. Heals like a warrior.

I think fear animal is velious. I remember using it on dire wolves in Iceclad.

Speaking of Velious - I wonder if we are going to have the same boat model we have now for going from Ro to Iceclad. I liked the old SteamPunk boat...
Bind wound ftw.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:35 PM
Sarnak

If anyone has ever played Runes of Magic, they have a dual-class system in which you can play warrior/mage (mage there is like EQ wiz) and it's a really cool dps class. Not really a tank at all.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:41 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pally = War/Cleric
SK = War/Necro
Ranger = War/Druid
Bard = War/Enchanter
Beastlord = War/Shaman
Magician = Mag/Pet War

We need to see a Warard. Would be like a Pally/SK but with massive damage spells. His epic would be a 2HS that procs Ice comet.
Play Age of Conan, they have the Herald of Xotli that rapes face. Best fatalities in the game too.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:26 PM
Kobold

Bard isn't a hybrid - Bard is pure awesome.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Play Age of Conan, they have the Herald of Xotli that rapes face. Best fatalities in the game too.
I'm sure AoC has changed a lot, but when I played back around release the Herald was the dumbest class ever. Total rape mode when they were in demon form, completely useless when it was on cool down.
Closed Thread