Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 10:14 AM
Aviak

Default choosing a class

I'm still downloading Titanium so I have some time to think over what I will play and I would like opinions

I prefer grouping mostly but with the server population not exactly being levels it was during live I understand I may need to solo in between. Also I live in NZ now so that make things difficult for me as well.

So im looking for something that is highly desirable/needed in groups but can also solo. Im thinking Bard or maybe a Shaman. Thoughts, suggestions? Are there any classes that are painfully unrepresented on the server right now? My first thought was to play cleric again because I loved how easily I got groups on my old one but I'm afraid the lack of solo capability could be very frustrating.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:47 AM
Orc

To be honest, you're going to want to go with whatever you most enjoy/want to play. There isn't much point in rolling an enchanter (one of the first that came to mind while reading your post) to then find it really dull and re-roll a cleric.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:57 AM
Aviak

My first toon was a druid, i loved him but when I hit the late 30s i noticed i couldnt get groups anymore. Clerics had complete heal so i simply couldnt compete with that. It was really disapointing for someone who digs grouping more then anything. I ended up rerolling rogue, and later Cleric for when I was tired of stabbin people.

I'm just trying to avoid that happening again. I would love playing rogue again but even with Live it was sometimes difficult to get a group and rogues don't solo very well. I'd also love playing cleric but for the same reason I feel like i need versitility.

Also i've played every classic class at least to about 30 and 4 to at least 50. I like all of them with the exception of mage, sorry mages you are boring.
Last edited by amishriot; 09-18-2010 at 11:06 AM..
Old 09-18-2010, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitshine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be honest, you're going to want to go with whatever you most enjoy/want to play. There isn't much point in rolling an enchanter (one of the first that came to mind while reading your post) to then find it really dull and re-roll a cleric.
I don't see how anyone could find it dull to be an enchanter, you can do so much stuff, and when things get boring just turn yourself into a tree. Keeps me amused.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 09-18-2010, 11:23 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't see how anyone could find it dull to be an enchanter, you can do so much stuff, and when things get boring just turn yourself into a tree. Keeps me amused.
Two words: Raid Enchanter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Banned

Pretty much all the "solo" classes are also highly desired in groups, especially mages.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:37 AM
Banned

I have a secret to tell.

Clerics can solo on P99. There's something wrong with the resist setup. Both cleric and druid nukes land much more easily than they should, but cleric nukes in particular. Uuaellean had an interesting theory that the resists are being calculated as a percentage of 250 instead of 450, but that's sort of irrelevant.

If you don't mind leveling up purely on undead when you have to solo and you enjoyed your cleric on live, that might be a good choice for you here.

Welcome to Project 1999!
Old 09-18-2010, 11:39 AM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to regatta

What Alawen is trying to say is, clerics own.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:57 AM
Banned

Yeah, clerics are decent soloers, especially once they get to the spectre grind.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:02 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by amishriot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also I live in NZ now so that make things difficult for me as well.
Tell me about it. "Tough getting groups when you want to play since 1999tm."

Where abouts in NZ bro?

- Dennycrane
Closed Thread