Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Do you think Luclin models should be an option for Project 1999?
I do not want Luclin models 554 66.75%
I want Luclin models. 276 33.25%
Voters: 830. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 06:12 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea, you could stop patronizing the community with polls you care nothing about.
I highly doubt that he cares nothing about the result of the poll. He just says that it doesn't matter in case it results in luclin models being in favor only slightly(say 60/40). If Luclin models were in favor by 90/10(after sufficient time for everyone to vote and there were no voting shenanigans) I am pretty sure he would at least consider it.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:43 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Yea, you could stop patronizing the community with polls you care nothing about.
You think its patronizing of me to make a poll asking people their opinion? Not often do I pull this card, but damn. I can make any poll I want to make, because it's my project, okay? It's about a luxury feature of the end user client... not about game mechanics.

I prefaced the poll the same way I prefaced all the polls in beta.. "This will NOT decide anything." In case you were unaware, voting on polls on the internet does not produce accurate figures. You can register, and vote.. and register and vote.. and register and vote.

If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.

I made this poll as a courtesy to Jereziah.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:45 PM
Orc

No, thank you.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
This

Is now

Down there

VVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
Old 12-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Orc

why you guys messin' w/ Nilbog, and makin' him reply to dumbshit?
have some respect, he's always been mature as far as everyone's seen, and it appears he works hard.

also, i personally wouldn't want anyone using Luclin models, because they don't belong on this server, anywhere.

make a different server if you want classic with luclin and whatever other features.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Skeleton

Lol, I like how all the "I've been playing EQ longer than you," snobs decide to take away options that wouldn't effect them, then latch on to a "I don't want Devs to waste time" mantra when they realize they're being ridiculous.

So from here on out are we going to vote on everything the devs do, since we apparently know best how to use their time?

Sorry, the new models sucked, except the Iksar, always liked the new ones myself, and regardless of what's done I'm staying with the old models. But to vote to not allow others to use a graphics you don't have to see is just stupid.

Thank you Nil for making this poll, while some whiners may be railing on you, I appreciate the fact that you're willing to listen when the community has an issue. I don't particularly care about this one, but at least I know you'll be around when an issue is raised that does effect me. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Oh, and Morfnblorsh, we're aware of your opinion and don't need to hear it again. There is a lot of non-classic elements on p1999, so the tired "It's not classic so it won't be here," argument is moot.
Last edited by Swank; 12-01-2009 at 08:33 PM..
Old 12-01-2009, 09:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swank [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol, I like how all the "I've been playing EQ longer than you," snobs decide to take away options that wouldn't effect them, then latch on to a "I don't want Devs to waste time" mantra when they realize they're being ridiculous.

So from here on out are we going to vote on everything the devs do, since we apparently know best how to use their time?

Sorry, the new models sucked, except the Iksar, always liked the new ones myself, and regardless of what's done I'm staying with the old models. But to vote to not allow others to use a graphics you don't have to see is just stupid.

Thank you Nil for making this poll, while some whiners may be railing on you, I appreciate the fact that you're willing to listen when the community has an issue. I don't particularly care about this one, but at least I know you'll be around when an issue is raised that does effect me. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Oh, and Morfnblorsh, we're aware of your opinion and don't need to hear it again. There is a lot of non-classic elements on p1999, so the tired "It's not classic so it won't be here," argument is moot.
I'd support the option to enable new models IF and only IF others saw me as the old model IF I was using the old model myself. I want others to see me as I see me, as it's a form of my own self-expression. How a race looks is very important. In fact, it's part of my role-playing identity. It plays a part in which race(s) I decide to play. It matters a lot to me. If I am playing a human and you see me in-game as the new model, then that would be because I'm using the new model. If I was using the old model, you'd see the old model. That kind of functionality I would support. The difference(s) between the old models and new models are that big. Ofcourse, this is not how it works on live, but I would prefer it to work that way. The old models and new models should not be used so interchangeably as they're integral to self-expression (just like the weapon you use or the dye's you use) and nothing at all alike. The model you use is like the clothing you wear. What fits on an old model human male, would rip and shred apart on the new model because of the steroids.

I've vote the same way on live, and with the same conditions.

PS: And saying that it's all a matter of perception is stretching it - just as much as the new models are rippling with muscles. Saying that the difference between the old model human and the new model human is just opinion is not a valid/honest argument. One is roughly average looking, the other is thickly muscled and belongs in a wrestling ring - or gym. End of story. If I wanted to look like a wrester while playing a druid, I'd select a barbarian (they can't be druids though). It's denial for you to think this way.
Last edited by stormlord; 12-01-2009 at 09:25 PM..
Old 12-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swank [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes we are all lobbying to have options taken away. Luclin models are 100% available, but the dev team decided to set Luclin_Models = false just to watch people squirm.

Yes I will make fun of people who like them because they are at best mediocre examples of game artwork. This does not affect my vote in the poll what so ever. Hell this could be a poll to change all avatars to naked toons of Katee Sackhoff and Jewel Staite and I would...well I would probably vote for that.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want others to see me as I see me, as it's a form of my own self-expression.
So since there's only six or so different faces for each race you just RP yourself as having lots of twins? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

All joking aside I understand your point, but to me, I could care less how others see me, since I'm never going to be playing from their computer.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:18 PM
Orc

Luclin models look retarded
Closed Thread