Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 11:09 AM
Sarnak

Angry Not enjoying it like I thought I would...

So I was totally pumped to play classic eq again, but 15 lvls into the ranger class, for some reason I'm just not enjoying it. Maybe WOW has ruined me, or maybe it's the drama here. I just don't remember eq being so full of eliteism and self entitlement. Yea there are people out there who help others but most are just in this rat race to 50 , with all the limited resources in this game it gets quite frustrating.

I'd rather have the anti social community of WoW sometimes than deal with people camping all the named mobs in one dungeon, or play a game where melée classes have nothing and are basically unable to get anything. I never really noticed back in the day how casters have basically everything and melée have nothing.

Thus isn't a I'm quitting speech or anythig, but for some fucked up reason, playing on this server has made my appreciation for Wow grow :/. I feel like I have an even chance for my character to grow unlike in eq. Sure if I has time to play in a top raiding guild things would be different, or if I played a druid, but I can't and don't, so ill probably never get rich and I'll be scraping by in EQ until 50 and I guess I just don't have the time or patience to anymore. I even did 5-10 HUGE cr's since I've played here, so it's not I'm being a big baby and shit about how hard eq is, it's just totally unfair.

Anyway if you took time to read this you must have too much time on yours hands, and need to get back to your job! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-15-2009, 11:33 AM
Aviak

Well, I do indeed have too much time on my hands because I am awfully bored at work right now.

I would say part of your lack of enjoyment may be the result of playing a ranger. did you play a ranger back in the day? b/c rangers have always kinda been the gimpy-est hybrid class. Sure the concept of the ranger is pretty cool, but in play they just don't hold up that well and you still suffer that damn 40% XP penalty so it takes so THAT much longer to level. I remember a friend of mine leveling his ranger up to 36 or 37 as his first toon when EQ launched and he was so pissed that it took him that long to figure out that the class sucked at the time. (rangers may have gotten better after during or after Kunark)

Also, not sure what server you played on, but there was probably more drama on Erollisi Marr than there is on this server and then my second server, The Nameless, it was pretty much the same situation.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:09 PM
Banned

EQ is the game for some, WoW is the game for others... shrug.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribanox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
playing on this server has made my appreciation for Wow grow :/. I feel like I have an even chance for my character to grow unlike in eq.
Which is my biggest beef with WoW. It's boring when everyone is the same. Everyone can have everything because whatever you want is contained within an instance made just for you. It's just all handed to you.

WoW is like a whore that will blow you and all your friends, no questions asked. At first you're like, "Radtastic! Free head!" But then you start to realize that this whore's blowjobs mean nothing, because everyone gets them.

EQ, particularly this old school incarnation, requires you to beat up the whore first.

So obviously, it is much more gratifying to beat up a whore and get a blowjob than it is to just get free head, because there is really no greater thrill than kicking a prostitute in the vagina.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:14 PM
Aviak

haha Barkingturtle, that analogy made my day! I sense that you have great experience in these areas of kicking whores in the vagina?
Old 12-15-2009, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

I was going to write something about rangers but then I read the rest of the thread and think I need to go pray...[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-15-2009, 01:47 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which is my biggest beef with WoW. It's boring when everyone is the same. Everyone can have everything because whatever you want is contained within an instance made just for you. It's just all handed to you.

WoW is like a whore that will blow you and all your friends, no questions asked. At first you're like, "Radtastic! Free head!" But then you start to realize that this whore's blowjobs mean nothing, because everyone gets them.

EQ, particularly this old school incarnation, requires you to beat up the whore first.

So obviously, it is much more gratifying to beat up a whore and get a blowjob than it is to just get free head, because there is really no greater thrill than kicking a prostitute in the vagina.
thats almost perfect ...i love kicking prostitutes in the Vag!
Old 12-15-2009, 01:47 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Neato!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8182446.stm
Old 12-15-2009, 01:56 PM
Skeleton

I am gonna be as polite as possible, you are retarded. Seriously, read your post... you've been ruined by WoW, you are complaining about all the things that made Classic great.

You my friend are the problem, not classic EQ. All this elitist crap was WAY worse in classic on live, just I am sure you never had a CHANCE to notice it, as well as you did not notice the broken and gimped classes. If you are one of those people who wants to play a ranger FINE dig your own grave, its classic... seriously, you must have never played classic if your playing an UNTWINKED ranger.

I am the type of player who doesn't really have a set play time, I play randomly, maybe for 10-15 minutes at a time and guess what, I am having NO problems, I have no complaints...because I'm not some whiny lil bitch who wants everything handed to him (see: WoW and current EQ Live)

You are being a big baby, I can prove it
Quote:
it's just totally unfair
Shutup you big baby, nothing is.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:09 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagarath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am gonna be as polite as possible, you are retarded. Seriously, read your post... you've been ruined by WoW, you are complaining about all the things that made Classic great. ...

...You are being a big baby, I can prove it Shutup you big baby, nothing is.
aww.. what's the matter? Your e-peen wasn't looking big enough when you woke up this morning? sure the guy is a bit of a cry baby and may actually just be a troll but ya don't gotta be a dick about it.