Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 11:19 PM
Sarnak

Default Wolf Form Factions

None of the wolf form factions are in place. I know many animals such as werewolfs are not supposed to be KOS. Another few I recall from memory are Halas is KOS to wolfform and Brownies in lfay are supposed to not be KOS.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:01 AM
Sarnak

Undead in unrest should be indifferent to wolf form as well.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:35 AM
Large Bat

Most of the non-race illusion/form factions were removed by Sony in 2003, I believe. None of the enchanter elemental illusions cause me to be attacked by freeport guards like they used to, and Earth Elem does not change my faction with the Brownie Village a bit like it used to, for example. Illusion: Skeleton used to make indif to basic skellies, which it no longer does, either.
Unsure if any of this is addressable, just what I've gleaned from pouring over older Alla posts and Therunes.net.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:05 AM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Illusions as a whole are kind of messed up but I don't know how to fix them, and I am also not sure the way I think they are supposed to work.

Basically for faction we filled out a spreadsheet and then imported that data into the db. The thing is that Illusions are not following the values outlined in the spreadsheet that we created. (Example: I tested Iksar illusion during the beta and conned Amiably I beleive to Freeport guards. This means that it is obviously not pulling the -1500 value that makes iksars deeply KOS.) Not exactly sure how to go about fixing/changing this.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:21 PM
Aviak

For these things do you guys use the same base eqemu code as other servers? or have you written special code for stuff like this?

I ask only as people who are interested in helping out could easily get the EQemu code and look at that. If you are using special code not available in the EQemu code repository then people would have to ask for permission to look at the code, correct?
Old 12-17-2009, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Is the cause of the illusion faction issues the same as the issues with the Alliance/Benevolence line?

Or is there a fix in the works for that one?
Old 12-17-2009, 03:36 PM
Fire Giant

This is a biggie for chanters. I am holding off on playing mine for now - illusions and faction are giant piece of the chanter skillset.

fwiw - here is an overview of how it worked in classic (still accurate today), along with the numbers...
http://www.therunes.net/faction.htm
Old 01-19-2010, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

Bump:

Is this why Illusion: Spirit Wolf still isn't enough to let me purchase spells from the brownies?

Can anyone give me a hint as to how they are purchasing these spells? Is there a trick of some sort? A druid illusion?
Old 01-19-2010, 04:51 PM
Sarnak

Guin, maybe someone can charm one for you and you buy... I dont know how difficult that is.. but its a suggestion.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jete [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guin, maybe someone can charm one for you and you buy... I dont know how difficult that is.. but its a suggestion.
Maybe that's the only way? I know people have been able to purchase from them before.

Anyone want to give the rest of us a hint? (It's not a spoiler if the proper ways to do it are all broken).
Closed Thread