Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 12:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanwen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly it would be very interesting but also very difficult. Setting it and having nobody interfear would be a problem without GM intervention. a Simple assigning a designated member or each guild who random 100 would be the simplist solution and hard to argue.

easily screen shotted and witnessed by numerous people. If you all decide to to do some 1on1 or 6on6 you could arrange some arena time.

But ultimately the decision is between your two guilds. The GM staff will simply review and agree or disagree. But I can say I like this idea. Simplicity I think is best to start. can always get creative down the line when the anger wears off alittle.
Hes got a point. We could use your system for a bit with randoming or rotating first picks. I'd love to do it where, say we had 3 guilds:

Say its our week. Trans takes Sky, As a whole as first pick.
IB takes Hate, as a whole.
Guild C takes Fear, as a whole.
Guild C takes naggy
IB takes vox
and Trans grabs Phinny.

First pick in first round gets last pick in second round, and vise versa. We could do picks on an agreed upon time during the week, before new spawns are hit for naggy vox and such.

Could go with something like this until we are good and ready with a solid idea and system for pvp, and just use PVP instead of dice or selection system.

Idk. Using your thread to vent some ideas and get some words out there, but tweaked your idea a bit to do it. Gotta find something that works, although im cool with the rotation we have now tbh. Trying to be creative here hehe.
Last edited by Taluvill; 12-17-2009 at 12:44 AM.. Reason: thought about something else.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanwen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly it would be very interesting but also very difficult. Setting it and having nobody interfear would be a problem without GM intervention. a Simple assigning a designated member or each guild who random 100 would be the simplist solution and hard to argue.

easily screen shotted and witnessed by numerous people. If you all decide to to do some 1on1 or 6on6 you could arrange some arena time.

But ultimately the decision is between your two guilds. The GM staff will simply review and agree or disagree. But I can say I like this idea. Simplicity I think is best to start. can always get creative down the line when the anger wears off alittle.
Would I be remiss in asking for volunteer GM support ensuring no interference? I totally 100% understand the GM wish to not be hassled over this petty bullshit, but if this was more akin to an event, could we get some support? Seriously if as many people could agree to something like this it would be a big move for the server as far as politicking with each other goes.. All the hatred could possibly be changed to competitive camaraderie which is what I for one - and I am sure many others (including GMs?)- would prefer.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:20 AM
Orc

Even though I don't play anymore, brilliant idea imo. 6v6 best 2/3 for first pick in a snake-draft lotto.

Hell I might even come back.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:34 AM
Planar Protector

I really like all the ideas. I think if people start beating this drum to their respective organizations, we can take this and run with it.. Get some support! Have your friends come post here!

Please come up with as many ideas as possible, it will be good to have all of this to look at should it actually come down to the bargaining table between guildleaders.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:02 PM
Aviak

Ill make sure to get Wenai, Aeolwind and Nilbog to check this and post thier opinions. Im not sure if at first we have a GM available, maybe a guide. But that ultimate decision will have to be made by Nilbog.

Its difficult to make sure someone will be there as we all have lives outside of this game as you all know. So /random 100 if no GM is available and a 6on6 arena action or 1on1 if a GM is available.

Keep throwing out the suggestions and ill pass this on.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:23 PM
Aviak

OK, I retract my earlier statement in the other thread. This idea blows Dabamf's way out of the water! I think that this could be a really fun event and I am pretty sure that I would take time out from XPing to come and watch it. Cleric duels would be hella boring though.

Unfortunately I am pretty sure that currently it would be limited to 1v1 as the arenas are not working (I think).

I know that the arena in Freeport doesn't work ala Penoy's experiment the other day.

*Edit: If no GM was present to check buffs then you could require that each person fraps their own screen before the duel starts and then they would have to submit that video immediately following the duel to validate the win. Speaking of Fraps it would also be fun if someone attending would record each match and we could have them all archived here for any to watch if they want. Maybe start a new section on the forum and have one thread per week for that week's fight(s).
Last edited by Takshaka; 12-17-2009 at 03:29 PM..
Old 12-17-2009, 03:24 PM
Banned

This is the third idea I'll put my support behind. Here's the list so far:

1) Free-for-all.
2) Force merge Transcendence and Inglourious Basterds. (Bubbles' idea!)
3) PVP draft.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the third idea I'll put my support behind. Here's the list so far:

1) Free-for-all.
2) Force merge Transcendence and Inglourious Basterds. (Bubbles' idea!)
3) PVP draft.
I'd go for number 2 or more importantly, number 3.

3>2>1 Imo, But im up for any of them. FFA is honestly just as cool with me as everything else.

I've honestly thought of a force merge, but the only problem with that is that i do know certain people would have issues with other certain players. I'd guess that both guilds would have to be disbanded and leaders would have to re-choose who to invite imo, as to not get fights... Idk. It would definitely be a tough decision and tough to work out...
Old 12-17-2009, 04:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taluvill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd go for number 2 or more importantly, number 3.

3>2>1 Imo, But im up for any of them. FFA is honestly just as cool with me as everything else.

I've honestly thought of a force merge, but the only problem with that is that i do know certain people would have issues with other certain players. I'd guess that both guilds would have to be disbanded and leaders would have to re-choose who to invite imo, as to not get fights... Idk. It would definitely be a tough decision and tough to work out...
That's the greatest part of option 2. Could you imagine, after all this drama on the forums for the past 2 months, everyone being plopped together in the same guild without seeing it coming?

I find this idea very appealing. Also, disable the /guildremove ability of said players.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's the greatest part of option 2. Could you imagine, after all this drama on the forums for the past 2 months, everyone being plopped together in the same guild without seeing it coming?

I find this idea very appealing. Also, disable the /guildremove ability of said players.
hahaha.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread