Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 03:58 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default New player - quick question

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that put work into making this classic version of everquest possible, I just recently started playing and it's been a really fun trip down memory lane =).

I read on the rules that there's absolutely no 2 boxing allowed, which I fully support. But I might have a friend come over and LAN with me from time to time and advance a couple of characters. Does the server even allow multiple connections from the same IP or do I need to get it cleared / allowed first? Who do I contact to learn more? Figured I'd ask first instead of trying to connect 2 clients at once to see if it works.

Thanks in advance

Taldor 10 Gnome Magician
Old 12-16-2009, 11:43 AM
Aviak

more than one connections is not allowed from the same IP so you will need to get permission ahead of time.

Make a post in the petition/exploit forum ahead of time if you want to apply for an exemption to the one IP policy.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:57 AM
Kobold

Greetings all, I am also a new player who hopes to be able to begin playing tonight. This topic has me a little bit worried, and I would like some clarification.

My father and I played this game together when it was first released and I am hoping to be able to set this up for him as a Christmas present. I understand the rationale behind not wanting "2 boxing" as it were, but I don't think I understand exactly what the restrictions imply. When you say two connections are not allowed from the same IP, does that mean I would be unable or not allowed to play with my father from the same house if we share an internet connection through a router?
Old 12-16-2009, 01:52 PM
Fire Giant

http://www.project1999.org/forums/ne...newthread&f=25
For support issues (Petitions, Multiple IP Requests, Exploit Reports, etc), Please use the Petitions / Exploits Forum, where your thread is only viewable by you and the server staff. Do not post petition or support issues in the general section.
You would want number 2 (mutiple IP Requests). Please note your accounts will be flagged and monitored for boxing and will be banned if that is observered.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:40 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Got it posted, thanks for the help guys!

Taldor 11 Gnome Magician
Closed Thread