Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2020, 01:12 AM
Planar Protector

No, that is not my character lol. I keep saying the point of "Super Min/Max" is the assumption you will get BiS raid gear. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. When I said I made that Erudite, I meant on Magelo, not in game.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-06-2020 at 01:17 AM..
Old 06-06-2020, 04:19 AM
Planar Protector

Super min max for erudite sk is iksar monk. Cazic holy warrior: good enough.

Many shamans at 60 are reluctant to double cast str/focus, and that is gonna be spamming up your buffbox too.
Old 06-06-2020, 12:32 PM
Sarnak

I have been planning to make an erudite shadow knight. I’m not a fan of the dark elf plate look, and as much as I love trolls I have trouble moving them around places. The erudite just look too cool in those heavy armors. My plan was to go strength and agility since I don’t really see myself doing a ton of raiding end game. It seems like without enough strength I would take an agility hit from the weight of my equipment, thus making me lose my precious AC.
Old 06-06-2020, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Many shamans at 60 are reluctant to double cast str/focus, and that is gonna be spamming up your buffbox too.
Can confirm, only buffed rogues/mage epic pets with str then focus. Everyone else I told fos has str deal with it.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-06-2020, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

You gotta find some better shaman friends[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I always comply with STR/DEX requests on top of FoS/STA. Not everyone has amazing gear, or started as a Troll/Orge. They need their Wheaties!
Old 06-06-2020, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

I feel like an ogre double buffing erudites strength because their character was rolled that way is some microagression...
Old 06-06-2020, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Erudite and Dark Elf are the go to if you want an Int based SK. I don't think anyone will argue this.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-10-2020, 12:22 PM
Fire Giant

Definitely choose Erudite SK over other options purely to despise the min/max idiots. Who the fuck cares, seriously?

You have the rest of your life to get gear on this server and balance your stats out, no matter what you choose... The only real valid complaint I have for Erudites- Is the helmet bug, that shit is pissing me off, FIX THAT!
Old 06-10-2020, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Definitely choose Erudite SK over other options purely to despise the min/max idiots. Who the fuck cares, seriously?

You have the rest of your life to get gear on this server and balance your stats out, no matter what you choose... The only real valid complaint I have for Erudites- Is the helmet bug, that shit is pissing me off, FIX THAT!
Some people like Min/Maxing. That shouldn't be disparaged. If you want the best stats/racial benefits, roll the the best stats/racial benefits. There are tangible benefits to Min/Maxing. Having Troll/Iksar regeneration, for example, allows you to solo up to twice as fast as races without it. That is not a trivial matter for some people.

If you prefer the visual look of a race over any tangible benefits, that is fine too. Everquest is not a game where some races are unplayable. You will simply pay the price for your good looks, such as low starting strength, longer solo times, etc.

Knowledge is power. If you know exactly what the best Min/Max strategies are, you can easily deduce which draw backs you can live with, and which ones you cannot live with. If you can't live with the drawbacks, and don't mind the look of the race that has said benefits, roll that race. Otherwise, roll the race you think looks best. It is very simple.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Has anyone got a magelo for a min maxed erudite sk (contradiction in terms, surely) vs ogre, iksar or troll?

How good gear does the erudite need before their starting str/sta feel like a penalty? Are there enough candyland stat hand outs to pad them to max (buffed/unbuffed) without having to sacrifice other considerations in gear?
Closed Thread