Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 09:12 PM
Banned

1000 posts? Wow!
Old 05-15-2015, 01:40 AM
Planar Protector

1001! It looks like the Solo Artist Challenge will finish as the 3rd most viewed thread in P1999 history, behind Hasbinbad's gay server first thread and the extremely heterosexual Jlaw nudes. Or maybe Velious will shake things up!
Old 05-15-2015, 01:50 PM
Fire Giant

I bet I got people to look at this by posting it in that 5920269th "best shaman race" debate.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtischoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I bet I got people to look at this by posting it in that 5920269th "best shaman race" debate.
I think that's how I found it.
Old 05-15-2015, 07:20 PM
Sarnak

Some of the most fun I ever had in a video game.
Solo Kills
Old 05-18-2015, 08:55 PM
Banned

Not sure I can really revive this thread, but I came back from a mini-break this weekend and knocked out a couple mobs for fun. Nothing major, but they were mobs that I was interested in.

First, I did Black Dire for a friend's shaman. For those unfamiliar with the fight, he is totally magic resistant, hits for 200's but is lvl 45 so he doesnt summon. My plan was simply to sow my pet and kite him around.
This fight went worse than I anticipated, and I attribute that to my mistaken belief that BD was a warrior. I began the fight without resist buffs, regrowth, or a fungi (had transferred it briefly). He HT'd me and hit me a couple times. Then he dispelled my top slot (again I didn't expect dispells so I had tali on top). I was at about half health already. Being that SK spells are nearly mana free, he proceeded to dot me up for the remainder of the fight, and because the plan was to kite him, there was not much I could do to heal up. In the end I was able to time some heals during his casts and my pet won the fight for me. Had I prepared better, this would have been an easy fight.

Priest of Discord. Hardly worth mentioning, but I wanted to fight him for nostalgia's sake. He had a reputation, at least prior to Kunark, as being a bad ass. Unfortunately this was not the case, as he does not summon and was easy to slow. Neat mob none the less.

Last, and perhaps most interesting, was a lvl 61 mob in Erudin named Nolusia Finham. I think she is a trainer or something. Anyway the purpose of this fight was simply to test whether or not a lvl 61 mob could be killed without any special items. I suppose it is common belief that even con mobs are simply not possible to kill after lvl 55ish, and certainly yellow mobs would be out of the question.
Another thing about this fight is that she is not an overcon, she hit for 184, which falls in line with what an "average" mob would hit for at 61. This makes her unusual, as most 58+ mobs are named and overcons (spore king, emp chottal, tola, seb protector, etc).
So the fight: I pulled with malo, and tried to kite her around while casting slow. Had a few resists, but finally landed one. Then I used journeyman's stick to tash, and spent some time working on malosini. By the time that landed I was at like 10% mana.
I then chained canni/jbb/epic - epic really did not want to land so I eventually gave up on it. Jbb landed about 50% of the time, but most were for partial damage. I imagine my pet did most of the dmg and was lucky to have summoned the highest lvl one.
In the end I had about 20% mana by the time she started to run, which means that she did not hit hard while slowed and I was able to gain back mana.
She had a lot of hp and I had to reslow twice. I imagine the fight took about 15 minutes or more.
Did not use any strong clickies. In the end, it was an obscure mob, but the fight was notable to me because of her lvl @ 61. Might post the few screenshots I have later.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:02 PM
Planar Protector

Dang I've killed Black Dire before with couple others; never tried it solo. Was a good effort/strat on your part! Damn SKs.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurilax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some of the most fun I ever had in a video game.
Some of the most frustrating time I have ever spent in a video game!!

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...333#post815333

But in the end, as a group we SACs did some cool things I think.

P.S. Hi Svenn!
Old 05-19-2015, 01:47 PM
Fire Giant

I want to attempt to do this. My main is now an ench and I just hit 49. So maybe sometime soon i will start hitting up the warmup part.

A lot of my challenge in the begining will just be learning Sebilis. I have never been there on P99 and the only things I ever did there on live was Berserker epic 2.0 and Fabeled Trakanon fights.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:43 AM
Banned

Verina Tomb:

My good friend needed Verina for his enc epic, and the reboot today popped her along with all raid mobs.

He logged in first and saw she was up. Fortunately I am bound at pots so it was a quick run over. When I got there I saw some people who got there ahead of me. Was surprised that they did so. I have a feeling they pulled before they were ready when they saw me, and they wiped - sorry guys =\.

So I charmed a vendor near the back, pulled with malo and worked on slow while pet tanked. The fight was very easy at first. She is not hard slowed, and with about 170mr I was able to resist most of her spells.

Somehow she managed to CH around 25%. This sucked for a number of reasons, but most of all because I was not expecting it. First, it caused me to have to reslow, but this time I had 2 resists before the 3rd landed, and by then I was a very LOM. I backed away to regain some and verina dispelled my pet's malosini and charm. Luckily, I was able to root pet and sup heal myself. By that time I believe I was oom, but I charmed pet again and managed to get the fight under control.

It went fairly smooth from here... I think she ran out of mana so her dps was constant and she didnt try to heal this time around.

Pretty fun fight. I hesitate to do these fights normally as they are needed for epics, but it gave me an excuse because my buddy needed it and he also had to run his Enc over from WC.
Closed Thread