Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 03:20 AM
Planar Protector

Neh'Ashiir was still up from Svenn's last attempt so we went and duoed her. She wasn't that hard with two charmed pets. Svenn had some other things to do, but he helped me kill the black reavers so I could get a solo shot.

I killed the mob that paths around her tower and prepped up with three tashed/hasted/dualwielding/rooted pets:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There are two more behind me; I got everything except the static one next to the door. Rooted her pet and the battle was on. She casts like 10 enchanter buffs on herself including 63% haste so the the most important thing was dispelling her:

After the first pet died Neh was on me and even though I had given pet #2 stun whips it took quite a while to get aggro, so I burned a lot of runes and hp and had to cap. I realized it was dumb to try and chain pet without memblur, so I went back to try again (with my sexy new Loam Encrusted Robe for good luck).

There was a bit of idiocy involved in aggroing the black reaver, but on the second attempt I again rooted Neh's pet, and she tried to cast a spell on me while she was floating over the crack between her tower and the adjacent one . . . needless to say she fell off, and pathed all the way back. Fortunately she is on a different faction or that would have been a huge train.

The fight went quite similarly to the first one, except that I memblurred between pets. My strategy was to try to suck out/blow up her mana . . . either this is impossible or she has an unbelievable amount. You can see that she was at 5% and still casting.

Code:
[Wed Aug 22 00:44:59 2012] Neh`Ashiir staggers in pain.
[Wed Aug 22 00:45:21 2012] Neh`Ashiir staggers in pain.
[Wed Aug 22 00:45:27 2012] Neh`Ashiir staggers.
[Wed Aug 22 00:47:35 2012] Neh`Ashiir staggers.
[Wed Aug 22 00:47:58 2012] Neh`Ashiir staggers in pain.
[Wed Aug 22 00:48:12 2012] Neh`Ashiir staggers in pain.
[Wed Aug 22 00:49:41 2012] Neh`Ashiir staggers in pain.
[Wed Aug 22 00:49:47 2012] Neh`Ashiir staggers.
[Wed Aug 22 00:43:09 2012] You resist the Dementia spell!
[Wed Aug 22 00:43:14 2012] You resist the Cripple spell!
[Wed Aug 22 00:44:42 2012] You resist the Dementia spell!
[Wed Aug 22 00:46:07 2012] You resist the Dementia spell!
[Wed Aug 22 00:46:22 2012] You resist the Dementia spell!
[Wed Aug 22 00:46:32 2012] You resist the Gasping Embrace spell!
[Wed Aug 22 00:47:27 2012] You resist the Dementia spell!
[Wed Aug 22 00:48:38 2012] You resist the Gasping Embrace spell!
So that is 3200 mana from Mana Sieve and Mana Tap, plus 2000 mana from spells I resisted, and that's not counting what she cast on the various pets. So either her mana regen is insane or she has like 7500 mana. The end was something of an anticlimax. I tried to rapture her to stop the CH (resist) but the wraith simply interrupted her 4x in a row. Just dumb luck really.

In related news, WTS Torch of the Elements MQ.
Last edited by Splorf22; 08-22-2012 at 03:54 AM..
Old 08-22-2012, 04:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Solo Grandmaster/Duo Master: any 6 including one L56+ and one from HS East
[D] King Tranix [52 Shadowknight, Nagafen's Lair]
[D] Magi Rokyll [52 Wizard, Nagafen's Lair]
[D] Warlord Skarlon [53 Warrior, Nagafen's Lair]
[S-] A Black Reaver [51 Warrior, City of Mist]
[D] A cliff golem [57 Warrior, The Overthere]
[ ] The Crypt Excavator [54 Warrior, HS East]
[ ] Reanimated Plaguebone [54 Shadowknight, HS East]
[ ] Mortiferous Protector [54 Warrior, HS East]
[ ] a Howling Spectre [54 Monk, HS East]
[D] Dartain the Lost [55 Necromancer, The Hole]
[ ] Drusella Sathir [55 Necromancer, HS East]
[ ] The Undertaker Lord [56 Shadowknight, HS East]
Lostprophets 60 Warrior / Aata 60 Cleric - for most all of them marked.

Haven't been able to enter HS without my shitty on-board graphics card bugging out and screen going black when i move around. (tried rolling back/updating/uninstalling-reinstalling drivers etc. So no HS uberness for me...yet...hopefully soon.)

For Kicks and giggles I'll add these since they not Complete on ur lists (with a few added for fun):

[D] a necrosis scarab [53 Warrior, Sebilis]
[T] Estrella of Gloomwater [51 Druid, Kedge]
[D] Efreeti Lord Djarn [50 Wizard, Nagafen's Lair]
[T] Phinigel Autropos [53 Wizard, Kedge]
[D/T] The Tangrin [54 Warrior, Field of Bone] (decided to toss this up here for Giegue, lol) This Originally Set out on this one for us with 3 people but after the chanter couldn't land anything it came down to Cler/War Duo.) Either way, He's a pushover. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[T] Advisor C`zatl [55 Cleric, Kithicor Forest]
[T] Coercer Q`ioul [58 Enchanter, Kithicor Forest]
[D] Priest of Discord [50 Cleric, Misty Thicket] (Falisaty (50 Mage...Cap at the time)/Pryncess (My 50 Cleric...Cap at the time) Waaay Before Kunark - Server First PoD Kill I believe)
Side note: Falisaty and I also Duo'd every name in Kedge before Kunark release aside of Estrella and Phinny. (not too impressive, but was fun)

This brings back a lot of memories, that's for sure. <3
[78 Monk] Kobrakai (Iksar) <The Chosen Few> (EZ Server)
- See you soon, Space Cowboy.
Last edited by Lostprophets; 08-22-2012 at 05:10 AM..
Old 08-22-2012, 11:07 AM
Fire Giant

Would be tight kental, but sounds doable =p

Now, watch enrage !
Old 08-22-2012, 12:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I killed the mob that paths around her tower and prepped up with three tashed/hasted/dualwielding/rooted pets:
You might want to try singling out any greater war bones you come across to keep as pets. They can triple attack and are quite a bit nastier than the plaguebones, wraiths, etc.

Was fun watching you guys from my solo spot down at the goo ramps. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

dropped magi and tranix last night in solb! the four-room wasn't up, oddly, but I know I can get past it if it is up, and I will do just that as soon as I can. I tried for the trifecta, but with only one charge left on my strings (started with 5), I had to play things very carefully. It took forever to re-tash my pet, then I finally tried the pull. I started by rooting the pather and one mob left in tranix's room, that went fine. then i pulled the war, wiz, and skarlon out, and even tho I got them all separated and rooted, my pet was fixated on killing the regular FG in the bunch. couldn't keep skarlon rooted for long, and i was a goner without my pet tanking him [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] was a good run though, and Ill try it again some other time with 10 charges
Old 08-23-2012, 03:30 AM
Banned

Was trying to get neh`ashiir to pop again today and for what its worth, I had 3 black reavers pop in a row and was able to take out all 4 (the fourth includes the one that spawns normally. Pretty straightforward, i would tank most of the time and just chain torpor. Chaining torpor doesnt work entirely well so I would back out at times and heal up. At the end of the 4th one thank god Neh`ashiir popped as I was down to 15% mana and my pet was down to 20% hp.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:01 AM
Banned

Neh Ashiir down solo! Crazy fight. I camped out after my black reaver escapade and regenned mana and let the pet regen. I recleared the mobs, med up, and most importantly hasted myself and gave myself as high of MR as possible.. Hasting myself was important because it allows me to bash 2x every time she CHs instead of once.

So i charmed my pet and thank goodness he lasted the whole fight because I only had 2 string charges left to .

Began the fight by hasting my pet and pulling neh by rooting her pet. While my pet tanked to begin with I dispelled her 6 times because she hastes herself but not before she casts a ton of other crap. I then jumped in to tank and torpor. Brought Neh down to 30% and began to bash like crazy as she CH'd herself. She landed a CH at about 20-25%. However I had plenty of mana and my pet was holding, so i just worked at it again, had to re-root her pet. Next time she was at 40 she began to CH and i got quite lucky with some bashes as well as some timely pet interrupts when bashes didn't land.

I will conclude that this fight is mostly about luck, she seems to have infinite mana, as during my prior attempts I used 3 different charmed pets and must have held her out for 15 minutes, but really the only way to do it is to interrupt her from 40% downward.

Pics to follow in next post.
Last edited by Triangle; 08-23-2012 at 04:11 AM..
Old 08-23-2012, 04:10 AM
Banned

1st SS: this was before the first CH landed. as you can see ive got a lot of mana, the CH landed soon after this.

2nd SS: CH landed and at the point it did I didn't think I would succeed, but I took this SS because I had gotten her down to about 60% again and thought there was a ray of hope lol. As you can see here my mana is a bunch lower than previously

3rd SS: this is when I really thought I had her so i hammered the SS button obviously =P. You can see she is trying to cast CH again.

4th SS: done. Loots were the woodsman staff and conjure corpse. You can see my mana was somewhat low, but I had plenty of hp and pet had plenty as well... like i said its all about luck on the interrupts.
Last edited by Triangle; 08-23-2012 at 04:15 AM..
Old 08-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

So I ran to CoM this morning to see just how tough Neh is. Here are screenshots of the calm before the storm and then the aftermath. Thanks for leaving the pet with daggers sitting around, saved me the trouble of going back to town. She never got a CH off, and honestly I don't think it would have been an issue if she did get a few off... With resisting most of her spells, I feel like I could have fought her forever. My mana is about 40% lower than it would have been due to seeing if I could land a couple dots on her.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

Nice job guys. Shaman with puppet strings are just so tough; we enchanters can't handle these fights that go on for 15 minutes.

Should we keep Neh on the god list or demote to GM?
Closed Thread