Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2020, 09:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tested, that don't work.

Process :
- Mez(lvl4) a KoS blue mob from behind.
- Invis myself.
- Consider.
- If i'm indif, mob is blurred. Threatening means he is mezzed and still KoS.

On 10 attempts I got :
- 4 indiff.
- 6 threatening.

I would not use this strat to get 100% exp.

Note : I have 255 cha and it's on green
then my variable must be level difference and/or range to target. was using lvl4 mez and aoe mez at lvl40 at CE in MM - seems every single mob re-emoted an agro message, which means memblur
Old 12-02-2020, 09:39 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You misunderstood what I was referring to.
The UI spell bar when it goes from grayscale to color / dimmed to full bright. Spell slot 1 refreshes milliseconds faster than 2-8. It's a known titanium 'bug'.

It doesn't let you cast spells faster. What it does is give a quicker response to input.
This is why shm have cani on slot 1.

And again we're talking milliseconds. Spell slot 1 is the first in the chain of commands to refresh, internally in the titanium client.
Ok, I can't test bellow second.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:42 AM
Planar Protector

Also has to do with Instant Clickies for GCD reset.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=170288
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=264932
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=164864
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=342945
https://www.reddit.com/r/project1999.../gem_slot_one/
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 12-02-2020 at 09:47 AM.. Reason: Just proving i'm not full of s***
Old 12-02-2020, 09:50 AM
Aviak

This works and will greatly improve my gameplay thanks.

Updated process :
1) Cast mez in slot 1
2) Gina detect when mez land
3) Click rod of insidious Glamour to refresh GCD
3) Chain cast mez
4) Get time between mez land
---
Same process with slot 4

On slot 1 : 3s between mez land.
On slot 4 : 5s, like previous test.
Last edited by Noren; 12-02-2020 at 09:53 AM..
Old 12-02-2020, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You misunderstood what I was referring to.
The UI spell bar when it goes from grayscale to color / dimmed to full bright. Spell slot 1 refreshes milliseconds faster than 2-8. It's a known titanium 'bug'.

It doesn't let you cast spells faster*. What it does is give a quicker response to input.
This is why shm have cani on slot 1.

And again we're talking milliseconds. Spell slot 1 is the first in the chain of commands to refresh, internally in the titanium client.

It's also Not Classic, lol.

Edit: Also only benefits spells that have a short recast time if you intent to spam that spell.
Exactly. Nothing can stop a spells cooldown, but having the spell gem come up before the spell cooldown finishes allows you to start casting the spell WHIlLE the spell cooldown is going. This means you can finish casting the spell right after the cooldown finishes. This basically saves you up to x seconds, where x is the casting time of the spell.
Old 12-02-2020, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This basically saves you up to x seconds, where x is the casting time of the spell.
Did you mean to say "where x is the cooldown time of the spell" instead?
Old 12-02-2020, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you mean to say "where x is the cooldown time of the spell" instead?
Let me be more specific. The top spell gem allows you to click on said spell gem even if the spell cooldown is still going. Normally you are unable to click on a spell gem while it is on cooldown. The spell gem is greyed out, even after casting your global cooldown refresh item. For long cooldown spells like Divine Aura, this is useless because you will keep getting the "cooldown timer not met" message until the cooldown finishes.

For short cooldowns, this is useful, because you can start casting the spell while the spell cooldown is going. Let's take Cannibalize 4 as an example.

Cast Time: 2.5 Seconds
Cooldown Time: 3 Seconds
Lets say it takes 0.8 seconds for the top spell gem to pop back up after your global cooldown item has been cast.

1. You cast your global refresh cooldown item after your first cast of Cannibalize 4.

2. That means Cannibalize 4 has 2.2 seconds left on its cooldown, when accounting for the 0.8 seconds it took to get the spell gem back.

3. You start casting cannibalize 4 again. The casting time is 2.5 seconds, and the remaining cooldown time is 2.2 seconds. That means the Cannibalize 4 will finish casting 0.2 seconds after the cooldown has finished. That is what I mean by saving up to the spell's casting time. There is some variation based on how quickly you can do the combo. Once in a blue moon I get the "casting timer not met" message during my Cannibalize 4 sessions if I am a little too fast.

If this "feature" was not in the game, you would have to wait an additional 3 seconds per Cannibalize 4, because you are waiting for the spell gem to come back up first.

EDIT: The reason why I don't say "saving the spell's cooldown" is because I just want to make sure people understand what is going on. Technically you are saving the spell's casting time, not the cooldown time, because refreshing your global cooldown always needs to take enough time to put the total time over the cooldown time (2.5 seconds + 0.8 seconds in this example is over 3 seconds). It is more splitting hairs at this point on my end hehe. I guess the most accurate way to put it would be "You save the spell's cooldown time, but you still need to spend X additional seconds in casting after the cooldown, where X is the remaining casting time after the cooldown has finished."
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 12-02-2020 at 03:22 PM..
Old 12-04-2020, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

I don't get it.

Imagine a spell that has a 30 seconds CAST TIME and 5 seconds COOLDOWN.

You won't ever save up to 30 seconds by memming it in slot 1 - the spell still takes 30 seconds to cast.

But you will save up to 5 seconds by doing so (because 30 > 5, the spell will always succeed as it will never complete before its cooldown is over), as it will allow you to START casting the spell before the cooldown is over.

Therefore, you are saving up to 5 seconds of time, which happens to be the spell's cooldown.

Maybe I'm not seeing something obvious..

Now on short-casting spells, the figures are a bit different but still, at no point you're saving spell's casting time unless it's a coincidence.
Old 12-04-2020, 05:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't get it.

Imagine a spell that has a 30 seconds CAST TIME and 5 seconds COOLDOWN.

You won't ever save up to 30 seconds by memming it in slot 1 - the spell still takes 30 seconds to cast.

But you will save up to 5 seconds by doing so (because 30 > 5, the spell will always succeed as it will never complete before its cooldown is over), as it will allow you to START casting the spell before the cooldown is over.

Therefore, you are saving up to 5 seconds of time, which happens to be the spell's cooldown.

Maybe I'm not seeing something obvious..

Now on short-casting spells, the figures are a bit different but still, at no point you're saving spell's casting time unless it's a coincidence.
EDIT: I see, you are using an example with a long cast time and a short cooldown. There aren't a lot of spells like that, so I don't really ever think in that regard. Usually the cast time is shorter or nearly equivalent to the cooldown.

If you want a sentence that covers every single possibility (not the general case), it would be something like this:

"You save up to the cooldown or casting time (which-ever one is longer), assuming the cooldown and casting time are roughly equivalent, and short enough to spam with a cooldown refresh item. You are still spending an additional x seconds, where x is the extra time it takes to make up the difference between the cooldown and casting time when refreshing your spell gems. "
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 12-04-2020 at 05:18 PM..
Old 12-04-2020, 05:16 PM
Sarnak

That's a valid example of saving the cooldown Izmael. Now for one where you save the cast time: pacify, a 3 second cast with 6 second cool down.

Normal slot: finish in 9 seconds.
Top slot: rejected if it finishes before 6 seconds (you save up to the 3 second cast time).

It seems you save the lesser of the two.
Last edited by Vivitron; 12-04-2020 at 05:19 PM..
Closed Thread