Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2020, 08:18 PM
Planar Protector

If P99 ceases to exist I'll go back to my TAK Project characters, if they pull that down I might try Wayfarer's Haven but probably not.

I can't/won't deal with the half-assed effort on the live TLPs in terms of all the shortcutting, kronos and mindless CSR there.

Good luck to everyone else [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-02-2020, 08:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The 10-boxing TLP nerd is propping it up.
EQ Live has 66k active user accounts (https://images.mmorpg.com/images/con...AU-Metrics.jpg). If I had to I'd be they have less than 33k humans behind those accounts ... quite possibly less than 15k ...

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:07 PM
Banned

If p99 and all of EQ emu gets shut down, where we all going?

I'm not touching TLP unless they drop their ridiculous price of like 15 bucks just to play

old content
Old 12-02-2020, 09:29 PM
Sarnak

Remember to try to have fun with your time in the sandbox.
It can all go poof one day.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelika2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey lets buy some 20+ year old video games that are not smartphone compatible in a smartphone world that are horrifically time consuming and expensive to operate.
They aren't buying the game, they are buying the Daybreak company which consists of considerably more than just Everquest. Like most things, the people who purchased Daybreak wouldn't have done so unless they felt they could not only see their investment returned, but something additional on top.

They likely will have seen Daybreak's financial situation and performed a significant amount of investigation to determine if Daybreak made sense to purchase.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But at the same time, obviously rich people can't just sue random people into oblivion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] You need a case, ie. you need to show damages, ie. someone has to violate your IP ... and I still don't see anyone violating anything, except us players violating 20-year old Titanium copyrights.
Assuming the client was legally obtained I don't see how players here violate any copyright. They could theoretically be violating the EULA, however, which would only have consequences able to be meted out on their own servers. So that could be consequential for those players here who still play on dabyreak's servers.

As far as that former lawsuit where "facts" can't be copyrighted, I have some serious doubts about that reading of it. You'd never have to buy another math textbook again at a university, for instance. people who provide testing/test prep material would just blatantly steal everything from everyone else.

I suspect what that lawsuit actual detailed was related to things that are purely factual. This is why people can freely write biographies of other peoples' lives without fear of being sued. However, I can't just copy someone else's biography word for word and go out and sell it.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If p99 and all of EQ emu gets shut down, where we all going?
Why to windows of the bedrooms of the executives of EG7 of course!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-02-2020, 10:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why to windows of the bedrooms of the executives of EG7 of course!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Threats should generally only be resorted to when negotiations have broken down, especially when you hold the weak hand at the table.
Old 12-02-2020, 10:19 PM
Planar Protector

P99 won't ever br shutdown. At the very worst they will see an opportunity to turn some cash and port p99 into them for a fee of course.

I expect nothing will change though.
Old 12-02-2020, 10:21 PM
Banned

what they gonna do? sue us? lol

I will miss this game if they destroy it =(
Closed Thread