Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2020, 04:33 PM
Fire Giant

Self motivation can be tough if you playing on Red.. If you aren't a self motivator, you're gonna be up against a wall. BUT if you just enjoy everything everquest whether there is 1000 people online or 0. Then Red is the answer..

I get a little sad when folks are like "Im tryin Red", and then a day later their like, "Nah server is dead". Well you knew coming in the server was low population, its gonna take more effort to make groups. Its gonna take a bit more effort to find where you fit in and with who.

It's not a server you just join and throw an LFG tag up.. But man there are some real helpful and awesome folks over here. Just lower those standards a bit folks. And dont join if you already know what to expect and will be disappointed, why do that to yourself?
Old 12-02-2020, 04:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raclen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of course an empty server is chill and relax. Is there hype going on somewhere about this server actually booming?
Mmm i don't think there is any big hype.. it's the same server thats been around for years.. There does seem to be a little jump in players joining but i think that has to do with all the drama happening on the PVE servers.. People just kinda maybe lookin for another place to go and the only option left is red...

Every server has it's own reason to exist, and i'd never bash anybody for the server the play on. Bash the people who give red a bad name, totally cool.. But there are a lot of good folks on red right now trying to promote the server in a good name, and its showing.. I see folks online every day trying real hard to LFG and find folks to PVE with, this is good, i enjoy seeing this.

But you cant join red, and be like " I spent 2 hours trying to get a port outta Gfay, instead i quit cause there is nobody to LFG with or port.. Ok fair enough, thats frustrating but this isnt blue or green, there is no dial a port and even if there was, are you gonna just trust everybody on a pvp server to legitimately port you? Cause i always assume im gonna get destroyed when a druid shows up to port me if he isn't from my guild..

It's a different server, different rules, different folks. If you come in with a state of mind that is unwilling to adjust to things, then yeah you're gonna have a bad time, but thats your fault, not ours..
Old 12-02-2020, 06:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Self motivation can be tough if you playing on Red.. If you aren't a self motivator, you're gonna be up against a wall. BUT if you just enjoy everything everquest whether there is 1000 people online or 0. Then Red is the answer..

I get a little sad when folks are like "Im tryin Red", and then a day later their like, "Nah server is dead". Well you knew coming in the server was low population, its gonna take more effort to make groups. Its gonna take a bit more effort to find where you fit in and with who.

It's not a server you just join and throw an LFG tag up.. But man there are some real helpful and awesome folks over here. Just lower those standards a bit folks. And dont join if you already know what to expect and will be disappointed, why do that to yourself?
hard to make groups etc when everyone is in ToV sweating to get pixels
Old 12-02-2020, 06:23 PM
Fire Giant

Hahaha i dont know anybody who is in ToV on red but then again, im in sanctuary and i dont know a lot of those high end players.. So you could be very right. But here in sanctuary we all do a pretty good job of wanting to group whenever folks are online.. Got a good solid chunk of players in their 30's and 40's that are really adventuring these days. Love it.

Takes patience, a love of playing EQ regardless of who's online, and some self motivation. If you have those qualities, man oh man this server is a joy..
Old 12-03-2020, 12:00 PM
Sarnak

The reason people are nice is because there is no one on the server. If there was any type of competition for things people wanted it would no longer be nice. Deserted servers will always be nice and casual. Guilds want and need people. If the server was healthy then people would not want you in their guild and they would grief you off the server. Grief is healthy.
Old 12-03-2020, 12:15 PM
Banned

I think 100+ more players on red would be perfect
Old 12-03-2020, 08:05 PM
Kobold

TLDR drugs
Old 12-07-2020, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think 100+ more players on red would be perfect
I used to play on VZTZ and still swear by legit-2boxxing. It's really the missing piece of the puzzle is to make it ok on this one specific server. For blue and green you have the pop to support one boxxing. Red99 would actually boom if 2 boxxing wasn't illegal. I have a 57 rogue and only reason I play at all even ultra casually is old box pals. It's a goddamn nightmare doing ANYTHING on my rogue without a druid or someone helping me.
Old 12-08-2020, 01:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I used to play on VZTZ and still swear by legit-2boxxing. It's really the missing piece of the puzzle is to make it ok on this one specific server. For blue and green you have the pop to support one boxxing. Red99 would actually boom if 2 boxxing wasn't illegal. I have a 57 rogue and only reason I play at all even ultra casually is old box pals. It's a goddamn nightmare doing ANYTHING on my rogue without a druid or someone helping me.
Yeah and on a low population I don't enjoy being a burden or having to sit around for hours for something to happen. It basically forces you to play certain classes and makes it hard to do content you want. I don't see the fun in a Velious single box under 200 population.
Old 12-08-2020, 03:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raclen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The reason people are nice is because there is no one on the server. If there was any type of competition for things people wanted it would no longer be nice. Deserted servers will always be nice and casual. Guilds want and need people. If the server was healthy then people would not want you in their guild and they would grief you off the server. Grief is healthy.
Ever notice how so many of the people that quit or haven't played in so long still talk on behalf of those that still do?

It's ok to not play anymore.

Just click log out and do something else.

Server is actually pretty healthy right now.
Some might actually say it is due to most not having the mindset that they need to grief people into not playing.

/shrug.
Closed Thread