Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Screenshots

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2020, 01:17 PM
Sarnak

That's some awesome work!! Do you have a gallery where we could follow your work and progression?
Old 07-06-2020, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's some awesome work!! Do you have a gallery where we could follow your work and progression?
I guess we'll have to start right here! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ok I spent the morning thinking what is my lore for this vampire hunter, half barbarian??

A lot of you know I love talking about the timeline, so imagine this takes place many hundreds of years after velious, but before we go to luclin, and Ill explain that timeline in a post down the road [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] but for now:

...Imagine, that Norrath has been sitting idle for hundreds of years, after the discovery of kunark and velious...

This story begins In Halas.

Seeing their friends and family returning home from adventuring in the new lands of Kunark and Velious, dawning the spectacular loot and treasures discovered on those islands to the south, the barbarians of Halas set sail North, to find new lands of their own to conquer.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Many brave barbarians set sail and many were never heard from again, those are known as the lost ones, souls that traveled to the sea but were never seen again. The oceans to the north west are considered impassble by some and nary a soul is brave enough to travel through those waters any longer.

To the east the sailing barbarians managed to find what they believed to be a new continent, one wrought with vampires. From the tall masts of their well built ships the barbarian pirates saw a castle reaching to the sky from a dark forest below it, teeming with the undead. They layed a plan to seige the castle and take the island for their own.

To purge this new land of this vile menace, and using their skills as sailors, they built a small floating city to establish their foothold on this new continent. (what will become the Half-Bararian's Starting City, generations later) ruled by the Barbarian pirates.

It wasn't long that the barbarians realized that they were not in a new part of the world (I mean they are a little wise but not that intelligent after all) but to save face they act as though that mistake was never made. They are a proud race of sailors, pirates, and roughnecks and after generations they've come to love doing one thing: Killing vampires.

For 100 years the barbarian pirates layed siege to the vampire castle, and with the help of the elve's finally took control and pushed mayongs acolytes deep into the dungeons of the castle, where they locked them in behind impenetrable iron doors.

Some say you can hear the scratching of their claws through the iron if you put your ear to it, but not many are brave enough to get so close. Will they rise from their cavernous tomb one day? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The pirate King of Barbaria (working title lol) finally took control of castle Mistmoore and filled it with his militia hoping to bring a new age of peace and harmony to the area. But norrath is a harsh place, and we will see that that is not so easy.

The barbarian pirates fought so long and so hard against the vampires that they began to change. Tunare took notice of them from her distant realm and blessed them with an inner flame that gave them strength against the undead, and allowed the pirate king to gain control for the castle.

When Tunare blessed these warriors they became one with her spirit and began to give birth to a new race: the Half Barbarian. Smaller in size than their parents, but larger than an elf, almost human. Not as sturdy as a barbarian, but with a strength inside of them that gives them immense power.

But something was wrong with this new race however, at a young age they became hostile and many would suffer from unknown disease and sickness. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What was unknown to both Tunare, and the barbarian warriors was that Mayongs acolytes learned of this disgusting act by Tunare and with a dark ritual imbued themselves into the soul of this new race, giving them some vampiric tendencies of their own and causing them to be toxic to much of the life that surrounds them.

The half barbarian is not just blessed with the spirit of Tunare, but also cursed with the tortured soul of a vampire. Because of this "toxic touch" they live a very painful solitary existence. They are hated by the living, and feared by the undead. Cursed to walk alone.

The pirate king became enraged at the fear the people of Norrath began to have of their cursed children, and so he shut the gates to Mistmoore castle and became KOS to anyone who entered. There it is rumored that his vampiric tendencies have driven him to madness and it's only a matter of time before he opens the iron gates and unleashes the horde upon the innocent once more.

The line of Half-Barbarians that worshiped Tunare left the land altogether, back to the sea where they felt safe and were free from contact with other norrathians and cannot spread their plague. They started a small floating village called floaty vampire hunter island (working title lol), north of the coast beyond the woods of lesser fay. This is your starting city where you begin the game as a Half Barbarian. They are honor bound to slay their vampiric ancestors and have sworn to rid the land of them once and for all.

This new class The Vampire Hunter, a half barbarian is played a lot like a rogue, their DPS is not as strong unless fighting undead but they do have some more abilities to solo too.

Think of them as a DPS version of a shadowknight, without lifetaps. Instead they focus on Poison and Disease damage and Undead DPS with some unique extinguish undead spell lines. Aand maybe some undead charming! They cant tank and like to stand outside of combat and use their crossbow's! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gearing:

They have a unique new weapon, the 1h crossbow, it can be equipped in the range slot, primary and secondary, allowing them to duel wield with them. Or to duel wield 1h-slashing weapons for melee and the crossbow for some clutch range shots.

They cannot use piercing weapons because it reminds them of their vampiric teeth lol so there's that..

Half Barbarians cannot wear plate armor, and only some chain, they are designed to be rogues that stay about 15 feet away from combat. However they do like 1h slashers when the halways of the castle get tight!

Armor: Leather (special case plate BP), unique (leather) cowl.

The vampire hunter needs to be mobile so they only wear leather armor, however they can wear most plate BP's:

Because the half-barbarians are half vampire in a way, they are weak to the heart. Vampire Hunteres often chose to wear one of many, plate chestplates that are available for them to wear to protect their most vital organ. So you will often see them dressed with a plate chestplate, but leather everything else. Which is a neat little unique trait I think.

Oh and the obvious, to avoid the sun, they wear that sweet leather HAT! Like their barbarian ancesters, they too get a unique leather cowling when they wear leather in their head slot inventory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] That cool sun shade duster hat!

Oh and why not, when you wear LEATHER SHOULDERS you get that sweet collar, but not if you wear any other type of shoulders, only leather! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So that's pretty much it! The Vampire Hunter - Half Barbarian

Oh how about some other races that can be Vampire Hunters:

Dark elves - Like I teased, vampires are a problem for darkelves during this age, so they can be vampire hunters too!
Trolls - in this age trolls are trying out some new things, like stoping this vampiric invasion!
Woodelfs - high elfs think they are already vampire hunters, they're pretentious paladins, but woodelfs have to go about it the rough and dirty barbarian way.
Euridites - they are smar they can do anything!
humans - adaptive, of course! Gnomes! - hell yea!
Gnolls - oh boy (yeah new race/class coming soon)

Did I miss anything?

VAMPIRE HUNTER!
Last edited by Jibartik; 07-06-2020 at 03:10 PM..
Old 07-06-2020, 06:25 PM
Banned

holy crap this looks cool as
Old 07-06-2020, 07:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
holy crap this looks cool as
Thanks brew [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I had so much fun writing out that lore lol
Old 07-09-2020, 03:44 AM
Planar Protector

Getting this guy working was the result of like 6 hours of work, and that 6 hours of work was me banging on ONE number... until someone said "you have to edit it here" and pointed like 2 inches from the area where I kept trying to edit that number.

So as simple and crappy as this looks right now it was a insurmountable amount of work for my lizard brain.

VAMPIRE HUNTER DISCO!

Edit: oh yeah I gave everquest characters fingers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-09-2020, 05:03 AM
Planar Protector

Amazing!

Please add a human wizard in a pointy hat. The one thing eq is missing.
Old 07-09-2020, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Amazing!

I am diverting all my attention to this as soon as the workday is done. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-10-2020, 02:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Amazing!

Old 07-10-2020, 03:18 AM
Planar Protector

Or was this more like what you were after https://i.imgur.com/rjVHqql.mp4 click for mustache soundtrack.

Last edited by Jibartik; 07-10-2020 at 03:36 AM..
Old 07-10-2020, 10:05 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or was this more like what you were after https://i.imgur.com/rjVHqql.mp4 click for mustache soundtrack.

Can you give him a cool staff with glowing bits?
Closed Thread