Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 08-03-2013, 12:36 PM
Project Manager

Ok so.. none should exist before 04/10/2000.

When I set these up, I will retroactively change how they should work from the past. In the event we ever open a new server, I will have rules applied to these so they will automatically work per timeline so I only want to fix this once.

Innoruuk - quest was added with that patch
Quote:
post from 04/11/2000
http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7744

When I heard about the new deity based items, I quickly ran to the Spires, and talked to the guildmaster. Amazingly enough, for the first time ever, he responded, and gave a quest. Essentially, you have to kill the halflings in Nektulos and bring their necklaces back. You get some pretty rough faction hits. Negative to all the other clerics (Priests of Life etc.) In return for this service, you get the following item:
06/26/2000
Quote:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us
Ok I recently noticed(today) on EQ'Lizer that there is a new Initiate Symbol for the cleric class. This time it is the Initiate Symbol of Bertoxxulous. This makes Bertoxxulous, Innoruuk and Cazic Thule now... There are varying kinds of these necklaces for innoruuk and cazic thule and I imagine there are more for bertoxxulous(regent symbol and disciple symbol) so I ask this, WHERE THE HECK is my Initiate/Regent/Disciple Symbol of Brell Serilis, its bad enuf humans can wear 4 out of 5 I have seen and that they can wear the paineel quest armor and they get an exp bonus but c'mon, being a dwarf isn't an advantage over this just because we look so damn cool! If you know anything about a new quest from Kaladim Cleric's guild(haven't been there in T00 long) post it here please.
An overview of which ones should possibly exist within classic timeline
Quote:
https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/i...rly-eq.183671/
  • nnoruuk Symbol is available to human, dark elf and troll (shaman). Weaken, Siphon Strength, Clinging Darkness.
  • Cazic to erudite, iksar and troll (shamans both). Spook the Dead, Panic animal (only two :-( ).
  • Bertoxxulous to human and gnome. Disease Cloud (only one! :-( ).
  • Tunare to human, high elf, half elf (druid) and wood elf (druid). Haste, Aloe Sweat, Grasping Roots.
  • Brell to dwarf and gnome. Strengthen, Summon Holy Ale of Brell, Elemental Shield.
  • Quellious to erudite. Lull, Soothe, Calm.
I left out a few shaman only ones. You can repeat quests to get all the relevant ones; I did that with my dwarf cleric. Tunare, Brell and Innoruuk are the good ones.
Will research more later, but I need solid dates to make changes.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:47 AM
Banned

Earliest wayback capture (Jun 12 2000) from Zam's Paineel quests page says:

Quote:
Cazic Thule Initiate: Sern Adolia wants you to bring him some rat livers to study. These drop from undead rats in the newbie area. Bring 4 of them to him for xp, faction and The Initiate Symbol of Cazic Thule.

Cazic Thule Disciple: This is given after the initiate quest. Atdehim Sqonci wants you to bring him a Giant Snake Fang, Kerran Doll (drops from more than Kerran priestesses), Ichor of Wooly Spider, and your Initiate Symbol and he will reward you with the Disciple Symbol of Cazic Thule.
These images are added, or at least captured later March 2nd 2001:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

April 2000 capture of neck slot equipment table doesn't have any symbols.

June 2000 capture of neck slot equipment table has:

Quote:
Initiate Symbol of Innoruuk: AC 3, +1 wis, +3 mana. magic, lore, no drop. Innoruuk Deity Item. Classes: C, Sm. Races: DE, Hum, Tr. Obtained through a Neriak Quest.
Initiate Symbol of Cazic Thule: AC 3, +1 wis, +3 mana. Effect of Spook the Dead. Cazic Thule Deity Item. Magic, lore, no drop. Classes: C, Sm. Races: Eru, Trl. Obtained through a Paineel Quest.
Disciple Symbol of Innoruuk: AC 5, +2 wis, +1 int, +7 mana. Effect of Siphon Strength. Innoruuk God Item. Classes: C, Sm. Races: Hum, Def, Trl. Obtained through a Neriak Quest. (Submitted by Slayne)
Disciple Symbol of Cazic Thule: AC 5, +2 wis, +1 str, +7 mana. Effect of Panic Animal. Cazix Thule God Item. Classes: C, Sm. Races: Eru, Trl. Obtained through a Paineel Quest.
Regent Symbol of Inoruuk: AC 7, +3 wis, +2 int. +15 mana. Wt. 0.1. Effect of Clinging Darkness. Magic, lore, no drop. Innoruuk Deity Item. Classes: C, Sm. Races: Hum, Def, Trl. Obtained through a Neriak Quest. (Sbmitted by Inyx D’Ater)
Oct 2000 capture of neck slot equipment table has:

Quote:
Initiate Symbol of Innoruuk: AC 3, +1 wis, +3 mana. magic, lore, no drop. Innoruuk Deity Item. Classes: C, Sm. Races: DE, Hum, Tr. Obtained through a Neriak Quest.
Initiate Symbol of Cazic Thule: AC 3, +1 wis, +3 mana. Effect of Spook the Dead. Cazic Thule Deity Item. Magic, lore, no drop. Classes: C, Sm. Races: Eru, Trl. Obtained through a Paineel Quest.
Initiate Symbol of Bertoxxulous: AC 3, +1 wis, +3 mana. Effect of Disease Cloud. Magic, lore, no drop. Bertoxx deity item. Human and Gnome Cleric only. Obtained through an Ak'Anon Quest.
Initiate Symbol of the Tribunal: AC 3, +1 wis, +3 mana. Light Source. Effect of Hammer of Wrath. Magic, lore item. Barbarian Shaman only. Tribunal Deity Item. Obtained through a Halas Quest.
Initiate Symbol of Rallos Zek: AC 3. Effect of Yaulp. Light Source. Rallos Zek Deity Item. Obtained through an Ogguk Quest.
Disciple Symbol of Innoruuk: AC 5, +2 wis, +1 int, +7 mana. Effect of Siphon Strength. Innoruuk God Item. Classes: C, Sm. Races: Hum, Def, Trl. Obtained through a Neriak Quest. (Submitted by Slayne)
Disciple Symbol of Cazic Thule: AC 5, +2 wis, +1 str, +7 mana. Effect of Panic Animal. Cazix Thule God Item. Classes: C, Sm. Races: Eru, Trl. Obtained through a Paineel Quest.
Regent Symbol of Inoruuk: AC 7, +3 wis, +2 int. +15 mana. Wt. 0.1. Effect of Clinging Darkness. Magic, lore, no drop. Innoruuk Deity Item. Classes: C, Sm. Races: Hum, Def, Trl. Obtained through a Neriak Quest. (Sbmitted by Inyx D’Ater)
The december 28th 2001 capture of Disciple of Cazic symbol still says no Iksar, and somebody complained about that on the initiate symbol page in Jul 2001. Pretty firm evidence that Iksar's never get to use it pre-Luclin, a trade off for Greenmist (and other Iksar quests) being Iksar only pre-Luclin I guess.

Quote:
LORE ITEM MAGIC ITEM NO DROP
AC: +5 Str: +1 Wis: +2 Mana: +7
Weight: 0.0
Classes: Shaman Cleric
Races: Troll Erudite
Deity: Cazic Thule
Inventory Slot: Neck
Can be stored in Medium and larger containers
Last updated: Thu Jun 14 10:03:52 2001
Effect: Panic Animal
Type: Triggered
Charges: Unlimited
Rarity: Common
Level to Attain: 8
Old 08-04-2013, 09:52 AM
Sarnak

If you're going to fix these symbol quests anyhow, the initiate symbol of tunare's effect is currently incorrect on p99 aswell:

http://web.archive.org/web/200112170...html?item=5654
Old 08-04-2013, 04:45 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're going to fix these symbol quests anyhow, the initiate symbol of tunare's effect is currently incorrect on p99 aswell:

http://web.archive.org/web/200112170...html?item=5654
Fixed, pending update.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:00 PM
Banned

What more do we need for getting Disciple Symbol of Cazic Thule in the game?
Old 10-10-2013, 12:35 PM
Banned

i am sad panda
Old 10-10-2013, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

so when does the other Tunare necks (#2 and #3) come into play ?

if this current one is classic did they not add any other ones til Velious?

Makes no sense we have this neck and not the other two while the other Discipline necks are all avail.......
Old 02-06-2016, 08:17 AM
Planar Protector

well now that tunare necks are (yay) i was hoping we could get cazic disciple fixed. the quest is already in the game, but it rewards ringmail armor. could this perhaps be deity neck the dream first blood part 2: judgement day?
Old 11-22-2016, 04:09 AM
Aviak

Bump?
Old 11-22-2016, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

Tldr