Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2020, 09:21 AM
Former Guide

Quote:
This is why I am confident I will do the fastest 1-60 in P99 history, and believe this record will hold indefinitely. The resources it would take to make a competitive attempt, the risk of failing to beat the record, and the fact it's just one more elfchievement, I am confident no one will even try.
I have a task for you that may aid in your quest. On P99 quest exp is limited to, I think, 11% of your level (same as killing).

In classic, I believe that it was about 16% or possibly 20%.

Test on live, the are some quests that aren't nerfed that are big exp gains which you can test on. Document results, post bug report. Find classic evidence to back it up where available.

Without doing this, it will slow down your gains. If fixed after your 1-60 time run, it will bother you that it could be done faster now.
Old 11-10-2020, 10:06 AM
Banned

Bullying castle doesn't make your p99 bone chip experience real and natural.

I am on castles side here.
Old 11-10-2020, 10:27 AM
Sarnak

All Your Quest Experience Are Belong to Us!
Old 11-10-2020, 10:31 AM
Kobold

I think Rogean and the developers are clearly wrong on this stance. I appreciate their "vision" but the fact to the matter is this is Ever QUEST. Not ever grind. If they really want the classic experience, go back and find where the original developers actually stated they want people to QUEST, first and foremost. Not just Bop and Mop for experience. If there are quests that are being abused because of an exploit, fix the exploit. Don't nerf all of the quests with a blanket policy.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

--Oscar Wilde
Old 11-10-2020, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomacles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think Rogean and the developers are clearly wrong on this stance. I appreciate their "vision" but the fact to the matter is this is Ever QUEST. Not ever grind. If they really want the classic experience, go back and find where the original developers actually stated they want people to QUEST, first and foremost. Not just Bop and Mop for experience. If there are quests that are being abused because of an exploit, fix the exploit. Don't nerf all of the quests with a blanket policy.
Citation needed
Old 11-10-2020, 11:03 AM
Fire Giant

Nah dude, its actually EverGrind. The "quest" is going out, killing shit, surviving, and getting drops to upgrade your toon. It takes a longggg time to get to level 60 and that's part of what makes Kunark such a great xpack. The dungeon design is awesome and the mobs are very rude. As you progress deeper into the dungeons and gain levels, the mobs continue to stay rude. This isn't doing the Bug Collection quest for a month straight rofl

Its funny to see everyone get absolutely wrecked at lvl 51 and needing little mini-raids to (not necessarily) survive. All that time collecting DKP and getting plvled while not learning how to play.

Also funny to see Manastone mad lol. Really funny actually. I like how the devs are going after "the spirit of the rule" in this instance. Theres absolutely no way you can equate having dozens of free accounts/toons with scrolls sitting on them and having hundreds of corpses you need to juggle as being "the same." This dude would try to sell ice to an eskimo rofl.

<The A-Team>
Old 11-10-2020, 11:46 AM
Banned

Remember the whole bit where you adults are getting bent because “mUh RIghTs” don’t exist on someone else’s privately hosted EMU?
Old 11-10-2020, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager
Except the whole point was to get a server first 60 and now that's gone. If he was simply doing it for the spectacle of fastest 1-60, he could have done it on Blue years ago and probably have had a much easier time of it. He certainly didn't win anything here.
Wrong. The goal was to do server fastest 1-60, among other things. I wasn't going for first 60; someone else was and I was happy they were using my strategy to do it.

Who would want a 60 on the beta server anyway? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderfury
I have a task for you that may aid in your quest. On P99 quest exp is limited to, I think, 11% of your level (same as killing).

In classic, I believe that it was about 16% or possibly 20%.

Test on live, the are some quests that aren't nerfed that are big exp gains which you can test on. Document results, post bug report. Find classic evidence to back it up where available.

Without doing this, it will slow down your gains. If fixed after your 1-60 time run, it will bother you that it could be done faster now.
Bumping 11% to 16% or 20% will be negligible on time. I have already arranged which quests I will be doing, so finding more won't help me.

Mission declined.

If I really wanted to boost the speed of the attempt, I'd do it on a halfling rogue, but I want a 60 toon I would actually enjoy playing.

I don't mind leaving the door open for others to try. But with the nerfed drop rate of scrolls and the end result being a halfling rogue, I highly doubt anyone would attempt it. Bigger cost, even less payoff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooljin
uMaDbRo?
I was born to rage
Old 11-10-2020, 11:58 AM
Sarnak

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """""""""""""""""""""classic"""""""""""""""""""""" """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Old 11-10-2020, 12:14 PM
Fire Giant

I mean dude lol I'm not mad at all. I delight in watching everyone who joined Blue after Velious launch get owned by Kunark. I love watching everybody who only Chardok AOE leveled thru 50s having to actually grind and kill frogs that gate, dot, and cast ice comet. Its great to see people having to mini-raid Sebilis only to realize that 6 people at a time are getting XP and....they all actually need to be getting XP. I love watching one guild of former TMO, Velious-era blue nub ~~~rAiDeRs~~~ and former WoW players bogart all the VP key pieces and slowly come to the realization that ~mere pieces~ of a key quest don't drop for 3 straight days of farming. And they need to do that 40 times. Times three. All while trying to make it to 60.

Let's get out the paper napkins here, EQ nerds.

I am thrilled that all the "whats the first Fungi gonna sell for" talk has come to a grinding halt. Kunark is here. Nobody is selling shit. Nobody is going to sell shit. Nobody knows shit. What is the first Fungi gonna sell for? "x amount" of DKP. That's what its gonna sell for. Where and when are the fat cats gonna spend their money? How many manastones can possibly sell for 300k? How many "300k" manastone sales can this server possibly support when there are indeed hundreds of them???

Turning EQ into a "speedrun" via exploit and acting like its an achievement is totally silly. Watching someone who is good at the game solo out to 60 in very quick time is impressive. Small trios and groups going and grinding it out without cheesing the game hard is impressive. You can tell a good EQ player from a nub. Very very quickly and easily.

Doing exploits that take lots of "time" but no "skill" is actually not impressive at all whatsoever.

Watching Arcus speerun Ninja Gaiden in 11-and-a-half minutes after over 30,000 attempts is impressive and very entertaining to watch. Spending hundreds of hours killing green mobs and buying scrolls is impressive only from a time commitment standpoint. However, 300 hours is nowhere near the time someone like Arcus put into mastering Ninja Gaiden. People can waste their time however they want though.

It becomes extremely lame when someone boasts about it as if they -did- complete a world record speedrun of a videogame. I'm not mad dude. I am very happy that Manastone is mad. I'm not a schadenfreude kinda guy but there are others who were up to the same scheme who didn't intend to turn it into some giant ego stroke and don't run their mouths about it and cry when it got shut down.

To the nubs who can't turn in quest XP for the next month - - - go thank Manastone personally. He's on all the time, send him a tell.

<The A-Team>
Closed Thread