Planar Protector

sorry you dont got cares act
Old 08-25-2020, 07:51 PM
Sarnak

I think im in heat after reading this thread. oh yes you durty gurl
Old 08-25-2020, 07:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On WoW the difference between a top raider and a casual raider is MASSIVE -- a casual raider will never even come close to having the same items as an end-game raider.

On P99 however, I inspect a player from Seal Team and I inspect a player from a random Federation guild, and their items are generally identical (in fact I have friends in Seal Team who have worse gear than me and I barely even raid).

Can someone explain to me why players get so heated over who gets to go first? I see these 18 hour days that my friends in ST put in, and I don't envy them. Especially when I know my more casual friends will likely end up with the same exact items without putting in any where near as much effort or work.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-25-2020, 09:09 PM
Planar Protector

All we need to know is that you still play WoW lol
Old 08-25-2020, 09:51 PM
Sarnak

I will give this guy a bit of credit, it is hilarious how people want to get items """"""first""""""

These items have been acquired thousands and thousands of times. Getting it """"first"""" is absolutely meaningless
Old 08-25-2020, 10:00 PM
Planar Protector

I know you are just stirring the pot like the shit lord you are but i'll bite. There are some very fundamental differences between WoW and p99

1) At its heart WoW is a game of inclusion and P99 is a game of exclusion.

2) WoW had the benefit of its predecessors and massive funding, EQ was built from the pipe dreams of a drug addict in his basement.

3) People race for world/server firsts on both games, the reality is when PVP is not a focus all these games degrade into nerd races because ultimately all PVE content (in general) is nothing but a matter of a time commitment and will eventually be beaten by all players (unless you create a ridiculous 'raid scene' like P99 has)

4) Items in WoW make your character hundreds of times more powerful than a naked character. On P99 you can level most casters completely gearless and they will only be marginally less powerful than a fully twinked character.

5) Back to points 1 and 4 - items on P99 do not really mean shit besides some deluded bragging right. The dip shit who has spent 300 hours farming Hate on his shaman can literally cast like 1 more heal than my shaman can before going OOM... let that sink in. Haste and regen, everything else means nothing.

6) Comparing WoW and P99 is retarded because they don't have the same goals.
Blizzard took the best features of EQ and expanded on them and cut out the shit that no one really likes besides P99ers (XP death, ridiculous corpse runs, lack of an auction system, having to do more than turn on auto attack, easy travel, fast paced combat vs medding for 30 minutes) to a point where the games don't even really resemble each other and can barely be considered the same genre.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 08-25-2020, 10:10 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizersoze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thats because green has like, 4 raid mobs. Consider blue.
Old 08-25-2020, 10:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On WoW the difference between a top raider and a casual raider is MASSIVE -- a casual raider will never even come close to having the same items as an end-game raider.
Wut?

Besides the odd niche wboss loot, casual raiders have all the same stuff. Shit, Detoxx has a thunderfury and he was a terrible tank according to his guildies.

EQ and wow is all about just showing up and enjoying the dopamine fix from the loot conveyor.
Old 08-25-2020, 10:27 PM
Planar Protector

Galach confirmed advocating for blue.
Old 08-25-2020, 10:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I'm not going to give away my secret, but farming plat is dramatically easier pre-kunark. There's a reason guards all get buffed once it dropped. I can easily make 10K a day while tabbed out watching youtube and doing exercise in my room. All that will go away once Kunark goes, and I know for a fact that while I have several hundred thousand plat saved up, most of my raider friends don't even have enough money to pay their weekly dues.
Bullshit. you'd be lucky to be able to make 300 plat an hour farming guards especially once factoring in competition for the better plat farms.
Closed Thread