Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2019, 12:52 AM
Skeleton

I'm not sure if this was already addressed, but since we can assume that Green & Teal will have a more 'classic' pre kunark population size - Does this mean that Teal will launch with all quest rewards & exp intact but with mob respawn timers also set to classic numbers? And will this mean that Green will be reverted to those base numbers as well?
Old 11-02-2019, 12:54 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaye [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...playerbase's who are mad they can't find mobs to kill.
And thankfully the guys who run the server want to solve that problem.

Sorry the truth triggers you so much.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaye [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm very grateful for the free server p99 staff provides and respect whatever they decide to do, but I'm also allowed to share my opinion.

I'm actually on the staff's side, not the whiny playerbase's who are mad they can't find mobs to kill. Releasing a second server is more expensive for them and goes against the "classic EQ experience" mission since it'll divide what is almost a classic game world population just so manchildren with jobs can advance faster than they can right now.

"I'm actually on the staff's side"

Lol you got to be the ranger player I meet a few years ago in lguk who told me you were famous on the server
Old 11-02-2019, 12:59 AM
Aviak

it's good to see that people don't read things outside of work too.

[ You smell that? ]
Old 11-02-2019, 01:02 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skosh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure if this was already addressed, but since we can assume that Green & Teal will have a more 'classic' pre kunark population size - Does this mean that Teal will launch with all quest rewards & exp intact but with mob respawn timers also set to classic numbers? And will this mean that Green will be reverted to those base numbers as well?
this is what I would expect, default spawn timers on both.
Definitely can't have one with reduced spawn timers and the other not.

[ You smell that? ]
Old 11-02-2019, 01:04 AM
Kobold

The current ridiculous population on Green is going to create a massive bottleneck of neckbeards poopsocking literally a handful of raid targets at lvl 50. Keep in mind these raid targets have a natural spawn time of 7 days.

It will be a total disaster.

Keep in mind a lot of these people are nasty and autistic tryhards who will use any shady/bullying tactics necessary to horde pixels. This toxic mentality was bad enough on Blue (Kunark/Velious) when you had a lot more content to deal with, but the seeds of this disease date all the way back to Blue Classic.

Think about how bad it's going to be Green when these same people attempt to monopolize every single spawn of every single raid boss. It's only a matter of time until they make the server miserable given current population numbers.

If you don't understand the wisdom of opening a new box then you have no clue how horrible raiding was during the Classic days of Blue.
Old 11-02-2019, 01:05 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Maybe because our 1 green isn't even close to what 1 of many servers was on live back on 1999? That's why it's different. Leveling took luck and creative adventuring around the game world if you didn't want to sit waiting LFG in a popular zone.

Y'all are spoiled and should prolly be playing a game that's not EQ if you don't like it.
I remember when they showed population in the server lists in Live.

There were servers with 800 and servers with 2500 and everything in between.

Not sure why your memory is so selective. There's validity to the experiences each person had on each of those servers, some high pop experiences, some not.
Old 11-02-2019, 01:14 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuktus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And thankfully the guys who run the server want to solve that problem.

lol I'm just not afraid to point out the hypocrisy of the dedication to a classic EQ server when you've finally got a classic server population almost like it was in 1999, that's not really what you want? EverQuest isn't a quick and easy game. A big part of what draws people to P99 is that there's no challenging MMOs like classic EQ was. Part of the challenge was that it was a LIMITED world with LONG respawns and many people after the same stuff. CLASSIC. Deal with it.

You may as well allow boxing if you're going to make a 2nd instance of green that gets merged. Mobs up everywhere is boring and no challenge and it's going to drive away a lot of players, and I'm not the first person to say this ITT. I've already had friends give up Green after news of Teal, and I'm losing a lot of my hype.

Go with EZ mode TLP style server if that's what you want, but don't be mad when ppl like myself call it out for what it is. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also I was never talking to you lol. You keep quoting my posts then saying how triggered I am. Right.
Zurui - 58 Gnome Enchanter of Bertoxxulous
Kyura - 56 High Elf Cleric of Tunare
Blue Server - Retired
Twitch
Old 11-02-2019, 01:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
lol I'm just not afraid to point out the hypocrisy of the dedication to a classic EQ server when you've finally got a classic server population almost like it was in 1999, that's not really what you want? EverQuest isn't a quick and easy game. A big part of what draws people to P99 is that there's no challenging MMOs like classic EQ was. Part of the challenge was that it was a LIMITED world with LONG respawns and many people after the same stuff. CLASSIC. Deal with it.

You may as well allow boxing if you're going to make a 2nd instance of green that gets merged. Mobs up everywhere is boring and no challenge and it's going to drive away a lot of players, and I'm not the first person to say this ITT. I've already had friends give up Green after news of Teal, and I'm losing a lot of my hype.

Go with EZ mode TLP style server if that's what you want, but don't be mad when ppl like myself call it out for what it is. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also I was never talking to you lol. You keep quoting my posts then saying how triggered I am. Right.
It's not really a fair analogy to compare the population of Green to a Classic Live server in 1999 though. This is 2500 people with 20 years worth of knowledge and most are hardcore/experienced enough to even bothering to play an emulated server.

The majority of the players on Live in 1999 were terrible and inefficient - they didn't know where to go or what to kill - thus the population was more spread out both in level range and zones. Classic Live never had population bottlenecks for this reason, but it's already happening in Green as all these experienced players converge on the best zones with the highest ZEM and legacy items.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 11-02-2019, 01:37 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic Live never had population bottlenecks for this reason, but it's already happening in Green as all these experienced players converge on the best zones with the highest ZEM and legacy items.
So people now have a wiki and know about high ZEM zones and legacy items, big whoop. They're busy zones for a reason. And besides which, I played on live and there were a LOT more people in the busy zones then there are on Green. I'm talking literally no mobs up at any given time with groups tucked in to every corner. I've spent a lot of time in Guk and Befallen on Green and it's not even CLOSE to that. On live in 1999 I remember it taking me WEEKS just to level up into the teens.

It's supposed to be a brutal climb up to the top. That's what makes it EverQuest. And we have SEVEN MONTHS of legacy items. Are people in that much of a rush because achievement messages are making em jealous? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Zurui - 58 Gnome Enchanter of Bertoxxulous
Kyura - 56 High Elf Cleric of Tunare
Blue Server - Retired
Twitch
Closed Thread