Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2019, 09:29 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaye [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Idk but don't pin the pissing matingtch on me because I'm not shy about responding to direct confrontation. Maybe ask the other several nerds who kept quoting my posts because they don't like my opinion.. EQ players in 2019 compared to 1999 aren't gods who are worth 3 players in 1, people are just used to powergaming these days and don't want to feel like a noob. Our supposed "overcrowded" server pop is barely what one server in 1999 was and personal insults aren't going to change that fact so y'all can ease up on your air of superiority over me for sharing that. Thanks.
No air of superiority here friend.
Old 11-02-2019, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

Everyone that thinks that there were 2k players all in the same level zones back in 1999 are not remembering correctly. When EQ launched, there weren't 1k players per server and by the time it started to reach the numbers that we know of 2-2.5k per server, 75% of the population were already level 50 or spread out over other areas. To have 2k players leveling up in the zones together and at the same time would have gotten worse as everyone progressed. What you were experiencing presently was not as bad as it was going to get. As Rogean stated in his announcement, this era of EQ cannot handle the amount of players that is currently on green. It's just the way it was. It wasn't built for it. And once 2k players were all condensed in Guk and SolA/B, well, that would have been when it all went downhill.

It's better that they address it now. When Kunark releases, it's an entire new continent with HUGE zones and the servers can probably be merged without question.
Old 11-02-2019, 09:47 AM
Sarnak

Big lol at the butt hurt in this thread. As always - a big thanks to the project owners and staff for the countless unpaid hours. Butbutbut ..... my MANASTONE!!! ...... waaaaaaaaaah!
Old 11-02-2019, 09:48 AM
Aviak

lol... handful of people on this thread are just toxic as hell. You don't like it? go make your own damn server.

[ You smell that? ]
Old 11-02-2019, 09:57 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The current ridiculous population on Green is going to create a massive bottleneck of neckbeards poopsocking literally a handful of raid targets at lvl 50. Keep in mind these raid targets have a natural spawn time of 7 days.

It will be a total disaster.

Keep in mind a lot of these people are nasty and autistic tryhards who will use any shady/bullying tactics necessary to horde pixels. This toxic mentality was bad enough on Blue (Kunark/Velious) when you had a lot more content to deal with, but the seeds of this disease date all the way back to Blue Classic.

Think about how bad it's going to be Green when these same people attempt to monopolize every single spawn of every single raid boss. It's only a matter of time until they make the server miserable given current population numbers.

If you don't understand the wisdom of opening a new box then you have no clue how horrible raiding was during the Classic days of Blue.

It's already happening. Last night a full group of Venerate jerks were pulling mobs from three different camps in Crushbone. A druid was literally running from the slaver camp, into the castle, through the TR and out of the tower, causing either massive trains or massive fights in OOC over camps. Now imagine those guys competing for 7-day raid spawns.
Old 11-02-2019, 10:03 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztaylor555 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last night a full group of Venerate jerks were pulling mobs from three different camps in Crushbone.
Haven't had a single positive experience with anyone from that guild so far.
Old 11-02-2019, 10:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaye [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
your air of superiority over me
womp
Old 11-02-2019, 10:12 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztaylor555 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's already happening. Last night a full group of Venerate jerks were pulling mobs from three different camps in Crushbone. A druid was literally running from the slaver camp, into the castle, through the TR and out of the tower, causing either massive trains or massive fights in OOC over camps. Now imagine those guys competing for 7-day raid spawns.
Yes, I can understand the frustration.
That's why PVP is the ultimate solution to almost any player dispute. Imagine never having to deal with lawyer questing or "X did this to Y". All end game raiding disputes are settled by guild wars.

But I know this is an unpopular view point, but I'll throw it out there regardless as it really is the ultimate solution to all this silliness.
Old 11-02-2019, 10:14 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thank you for doing this, just last night there was a friendly mage who decided the orc tent I had been camping was now his and refused to leave. Will definitely be moving to teal
Old 11-02-2019, 10:33 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

As long as u cant play both at once i dont see a problem, if you can play both at the same time and they will be merging again in the not so distant future that is basically like leveling 2 characters on the same server at once.
Closed Thread