Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2019, 03:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would hope that even the trolls can recognize a thread that was from a legit new player to the server that was unfortunately posted in the wrong place, and treat someone new with decency until they deserve the full RNF experience.
You can hope but the naive concert-goer will always get fucked up in a mosh pit
Old 12-11-2019, 12:46 AM
Banned

Lightbulb Oh look at you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Immediately felt sorry for op when I realised he may very well be a returning player posting in rnf.

If its worth anything to you op, p99 is a lot of nostalgia fun but the forums are a whole other game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same. Even having been an original EQ veteran, I felt like the initial levels took longer than I would've thought they would. I was so shocked and in awe when I first started playing the game though that I probably wasn't paying attention much to how long it took to level at the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My first character back in '99, I was scurred of dying somewhere and losing my patchwork armor forevah. I'm sure that full 6-man group I was in camping the 4 undeads at the Nektulos wizard spire must have been bangin xp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuruChaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First, thank you to all of you who constructive and kind posts. Your advice is greatly appreciated and I have printed it out.

Last night (Monday), I managed to join a wonderful group composed of all pet classes (coincidence) and we were mauling kobolds left and right for several hours. It was so much fun and I was able to get to level 7. I understand it's not necessarily the speed in which you level, but I really enjoyed this particular group. I know everyone plays at their own pace but plans were already being talked about for this evening and it's hard to not want to be a part of that. All of this brings back good memories since most of my friends aren't interested in playing at the moment. Sometimes I wonder if I'm crazy starting all this over again but it's just one character.

Thanks again for all your offers of help and kindness. It is greatly appreciated. To those just using this as a burn forum, bless your hearts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would hope that even the trolls can recognize a thread that was from a legit new player to the server that was unfortunately posted in the wrong place, and treat someone new with decency until they deserve the full RNF experience.
Simpletons like YOU always got a smile dontcha?
Old 12-11-2019, 01:50 AM
Planar Protector

@Guru,

Welcome, mate.

I'd like to properly introduce you to a very "special" place on the interwebs. The playerbase on P99 is an odd section of the human population. It attracts some poeple that are... I guess the best term I can think of to describe them is unaware. They are unaware of what civility is. It's like they grew up in a jungle, raised by wolves with no concept of normalities of a civilized society.

RnF is where the server management basically let's them run wild without restraint and near-to-zero consequences. It keeps the rest of the forums free from the garbage they spew. It's a necessary evil.

I hope you enjoy your stay here. Try to avoid the shitheads. Enjoy everyone else.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 12-11-2019, 02:48 AM
Banned

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
@Guru,

Welcome, mate.

I'd like to properly introduce you to a very "special" place on the interwebs. The playerbase on P99 is an odd section of the human population. It attracts some poeple that are... I guess the best term I can think of to describe them is unaware. They are unaware of what civility is. It's like they grew up in a jungle, raised by wolves with no concept of normalities of a civilized society.

RnF is where the server management basically let's them run wild without restraint and near-to-zero consequences. It keeps the rest of the forums free from the garbage they spew. It's a necessary evil.

I hope you enjoy your stay here. Try to avoid the shitheads. Enjoy everyone else.
Who let the simpleton out of the asylum?

Take a look at how uncivil and negative off-topic forum has been forever and how wild some of green & general discussion had been lately.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:27 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
@Guru,

Welcome, mate.

Thanks, man. Can anyone recommend a non-shithead guild on the green server that is good to group and raid with in the future? I am enjoying the groups I've found so far but have only seen 2 guilds: Castle and another that begins with an A (can't remember exactly).
Old 12-11-2019, 08:51 PM
Planar Protector

I would highly recommend <Seal Team> great group of guys and gals if you like the end game.
Old 12-12-2019, 04:46 AM
Fire Giant

Talking

Welcome friend!

Please, watch this small necro guide, it will tell EVERYTHING you need to know on how to play here on Green or Teal.

In just 5 minutes it highlights the best, the worst and even some hidden tips.

I always recommend this small guide to newcomers!

Hope it helps!

https://youtu.be/Dplj87nfjeY

-----------------
-----------------
-----------------
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 12-12-2019, 12:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuruChaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I disagree. Saying it’s not the commenter’s fault is like advocating it’s ok to be uncivil. I don’t care what forum people post in. Treating people like shit just to do so is never ok. I would have them seek therapy.

Take care.

That's like telling people at a methadone clinic that drugs are bad, and they shouldn't take methadone. Think of this forum as a combination of therapy and sequestration of irritants. Basically a cross between a methadone clinic and a carbuncle.
Old 12-12-2019, 12:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
It's like they grew up in a jungle, raised by wolves with no concept of normalities of a civilized society.
Please post a pic of a Jungle Wolf - sounds awesome!
Old 12-12-2019, 12:51 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilzark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please post a pic of a Jungle Wolf - sounds awesome!
Akela (The Jungle Book)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The_Two_Jungle_Books_1895_Akela,_the_Lone_Wolf.jpg (23.3 KB, 31 views)
Closed Thread