Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2020, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
So is this an actual thing, or a troll? Are there any nonstanderd/unintended class builds that work? I've never heard of anything like this.
You definitely can do nonstandard builds. Like a battle cleric (specializing in evocation instead of healing magic).

Or a ranger that uses bows more than anything else (build for mana also, so you can start quad kiting at level 15).

I also think that enchanter can do some interesting meleeing with the right weapons, and druids can most likely become pretty decent tanks + melee / thorn damage as a main tank for a group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damus1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
mid-level meme. not viable at all for optimal grinding at higher level and even less so for challenging boss type fights. just a pipedream from a deranged gnome
Whaat? It is the most optimal method for grinding if you are in a group! And up through mid 40's at least if you are solo.

Bone knighting is the most powerful form of necromancer! DPS is top notch, way more than you can do just lifetap nuking or trying to get a few ticks of a dot off before a mob dies.
Old 12-25-2020, 08:36 PM
Banned

Protip try building your boneknight with 250 agility you will dodge most of the hits and might be able to tank better 50+

sorry you are too dumb to think of that
Old 12-25-2020, 08:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you figured out a build where staff of writing is used.

Game over, ivory wins!
Great thread! I've always enjoyed the unconventional path. Good job Ivory.

Elendil's Giveaway
Last edited by Old_PVP; 12-25-2020 at 08:54 PM.. Reason: Found the haste item!
Old 12-30-2020, 08:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is a Bone Knight and why do I keep hear people using this NEW term?
it's kind of a dumb term that was yoinked out of modern shittier mmos.
so the first mention of "bone knight" was from diablo, not modern stuff.

haters ball just send you a ticket lol
Old 12-31-2020, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so the first mention of "bone knight" was from diablo, not modern stuff.

haters ball just send you a ticket lol
Don't worry, them noobs don't knows nuffin. Bone knight is rooted in Norrathian lore. But thems noobs wouldn't know such thing.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-15-2021, 11:52 AM
Large Bat

Default Bone Knight Experiment

Hey all, after reading this thread I decided it would be fun to gear up a Bone Knight build and see how it worked. Before I go into my observations and questions, here are my stats (Currently at Level 9):

Race: Gnome
HP: 358 (I am wearing (2) 5/55 rings
AC: 286 (I have a few higher end pieces like Grave Sandals, Cloak of Shadows, Roykl's Channelleing Crystal)
STR: 75
DEX: 170
Weapons: Crookstinger, Smoldering Brand

I found levels 1-8 to be a breeze; so much that I didn't even need a pet. However, this was likely due to being geared up.

At level 9 my experience changed; when fighting blues, I can tank fine. Even or Yellow is problematic - I find I am mashing the Lifespike button more than I anticipated. Vampiric Embrace seems to proc less than my weapons do. I'm spending a lot of time bandaging and resting.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is it at Level 12, once we have our first Leach spell, that things get better?

thanks!!
Old 01-15-2021, 12:00 PM
Banned

Bone shaman better then bone knight !
Old 01-15-2021, 02:32 PM
Sarnak

I tried this on an iki shaman. I put dex up to 101 to start, balance went equal to wiz and strength. Right off the bat I was bashing the crud out of the lil doggie things while taking almost no damage. The only thing I ran from was the higher skelly doggy thing. It worked well up to lvl six. Haven't played him since.
THEN, I did the same to a iki monk, 101 dex, strength and stamina equal balance. same result. I don't know how it will play out later but that went well.
Pondering if this would work with a wimpy gnome mage. Maybe all classes would work as tankish toons but probably not. Can't see a wizzerd being a tank.
Last edited by Shourty; 01-15-2021 at 02:36 PM..
Old 01-15-2021, 08:27 PM
Large Bat

I hit 12 and got Leach - and it was a game changer. NOW I see the power this setup can have. Also - get a Smoldering Brand for 1HB of you can afford it. It's worth it.
Old 01-15-2021, 08:29 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shourty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried this on an iki shaman. I put dex up to 101 to start, balance went equal to wiz and strength. Right off the bat I was bashing the crud out of the lil doggie things while taking almost no damage. The only thing I ran from was the higher skelly doggy thing. It worked well up to lvl six. Haven't played him since.
THEN, I did the same to a iki monk, 101 dex, strength and stamina equal balance. same result. I don't know how it will play out later but that went well.
Pondering if this would work with a wimpy gnome mage. Maybe all classes would work as tankish toons but probably not. Can't see a wizzerd being a tank.
Prob wouldn't work as a mage as you don't have the Leach, Dark Pact, and Vamp Embrace that a Necro has. Now that all three are working for me, I am tearing through things!
Closed Thread