Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: How Much Student Loan will be forgiven in this Term?
$10,000 4 14.29%
$1,400 0 0%
$0, since we already stimulated you with 600$ 10 35.71%
You owe us 600$ and another $1400 for rebuilding the towers we burned down 14 50.00%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2021, 09:52 PM
Planar Protector

I mean that decision would cause us to explode in existential loop so yea haha
Old 01-18-2021, 10:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonethunder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No student loan should ever be forgiven, a portion of your ( Imaginary ) Salary should be taken out each paycheck, and refusal to pay should result in a warrant for your arrest.
If their salary is "imaginary," then why would the debt also owed not be "imaginary," and thus should be forgiven? Provide more insight into your imaginary logic. It seems one sided.
Old 01-18-2021, 10:56 PM
Banned

I hope they push for some woke form of this. Race based would be best, that way most Americans will wake up to this initial ripple of Bolshevik bullshit that we're entertaining here.
Old 01-18-2021, 11:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope they push for some woke form of this. Race based would be best, that way most Americans will wake up to this initial ripple of Bolshevik bullshit that we're entertaining here.
The worst part is OP misused over/under despite being a high-flying stock gamblin' man. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-18-2021, 11:39 PM
Fire Giant

The problem with student loan debt (on GSLs) is that the interest rates are too high for a government-backed product where the debtor has little protection and recourse.

Restructure of existing debt to lower rates with forgiveness of penalties and interest to those who get back on track is the best solution.

None of this addresses why colleges are so expensive and get away with funneling poor and working class kids into big debt for shitty degree programs that have low demand.

Free CC tuition for those who make grades is probably the best answer. But for those who aren't smart enough to funnel that into some sort of trade or certificate program that is in demand (and spend two years getting an associates degree in communications) are only establishing the new baseline and essentially replacing the high school diploma.
Old 01-19-2021, 12:15 AM
Banned

Some people in this country still don't get why we shouldn't allow the Government to run societal institutions. They are fucking terrible at it and end up voting for their own jobs to be secure and overpaid. It's a joke.
Old 01-19-2021, 12:53 AM
Planar Protector

$0 and if they give everyone the $1400 it will come with another bloated relief bill passed by a supermajority that will hike social security and tax that you’ll probably lose an additional 10’s of thousands to over the years

bright side u can buy lube with the $1400 up front to make it a little easier
Old 01-19-2021, 03:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiouskitten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
RUDE. I am doing fine thank you very much. Banking on those loans being forgiven and I reckon I'll be right.
I'd be worried about having a loan in default if/when that happens. My guess is loans in good standing are the ones that would be given priority or any repayment assistance. That's an easier sell. Mine's going to be out of default and collection fees waived near the end of the year after 8 months of rehab payments. It's fucking scary taking accountability for $30k, but it's time. Might wanna consider it.
Last edited by Cecily; 01-19-2021 at 03:07 AM..
Old 01-19-2021, 03:39 AM
Planar Protector

Mostly doctors and lawyers with the most student loan debt. Yet another transfer of wealth upward.

Student loans are fucking dumb though. The average undergrad degree is a guarantee of nothing
Old 01-19-2021, 03:53 AM
Planar Protector

Most likely a few thousand $$ for undergrad coursework and nothing for professionals. Nothing big enough to require Republican agreement in the Senate.
Closed Thread